What Lego set did you buy today?

Went to Walmart and got a steal on a 75106 imperial assault carrier. Box had water damaged and was opened but taped back up. There was a big sticker that read 25% off and it showed $48.26. Obviously that sounded too good to be true so I cut the box open and checked the contents myself. Was shocked to see that all 9 bags instruction book and   sticker sheet were all there looking brand spanking new. I high tailed it to the        register and threw my money at the checkout lady. 

Also bought:

obiwan build figure $19

luke build figure $15

tyderium $74

There was a Chima 70224 Tigers mobile command with similar water damage and messed up box with intact seals and a sticker price that read $28. I left it cause I'm not really into Chima

also left 60080 spceport $89

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete411 said:

This is what it looks like when you buy a Brick Bank at Downtown Disney but then find out they won't hold it for you until you leave the park.

ROTFLMFAOPMP!  what a fantastic picture.  the poise.  the focus.  the coif.  nothing's going to get to this set.  and my hair looks great!

meanwhile you got archie bunker and meathead 2.0.  rhonda rousey about to give archie a left hook which is why he is screaming in terror.

mystery head revealing a crown and an ear.

favorite is the cute little girl cowering in the back, unwilling to reveal her face for fear of future cyberbullying for being tagged on social media in a ride car with the rest of the crew.

thank you for posting this - i needed to laugh that hard.

5 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That guy is an idiot.  Disneyland offers package pick up.  And lockers.  And I bet he could have had them hold it at the Lego Store if he asked nicely.  Or, worst case - hike it back to your car and drop it off.  Why did he need to carry it around with him all day?

in order to get this picture.  funniest thing i've seen since the old lady glaring at the giant stack of 10697's thanksgiving evening. :)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

That guy is an idiot.  Disneyland offers package pick up.  And lockers.  And I bet he could have had them hold it at the Lego Store if he asked nicely.  Or, worst case - hike it back to your car and drop it off.  Why did he need to carry it around with him all day?

Why? Because the picture is cool. Life is short. Have cool pictures. Come on A'maps! Have a laugh.

• Like 2

Sorry it's the Disney snob in me. I've spent too much time at Disneyland to enjoy photos like that. I feel like it was just a Reddit karma grab when he didn't have to do any of that.

Sorry it's the Disney snob in me. I've spent too much time at Disneyland to enjoy photos like that. I feel like it was just a Reddit karma grab when he didn't have to do any of that.

Was that taken in Florida? The Lego store is about 30 miles away from Disney World.

Disneyland. You can see the Disneyland logo on the photo. The LEGO Store is next to the monorail so it wouldn't take much effort to buy it, get inside, take the train to that side of the park and then ride Splash.

I'm a Disneyland annual passholder so the photo made me laugh. It rings close to home because the last time I was there in November, I wanted to buy a DS and IRex and have them hold it for me until I was done at the park. They refused because it's against their store policy to hold purchased items for customers because they don't want the liability so I had to waste 30 minutes lugging the sets back to my car. This guy took matters into his own hands!

Edited by pete411

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

To entertain us with that epic pic 

25 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Disneyland. You can see the Disneyland logo on the photo. The LEGO Store is next to the monorail so it wouldn't take much effort to buy it, get inside, take the train to that side of the park and then ride Splash.

It would have been even funnier if the pic showed the box getting soaked 

• Like 1

I'm a Disneyland annual passholder so the photo made me laugh. It rings close to home because the last time I was there in November, I wanted to buy a DS and IRex and have them hold it for me until I was done at the park. They refused because it's against their store policy to hold purchased items for customers because they don't want the liability so I had to waste 30 minutes lugging the sets back to my car. This guy took matters into his own hands!

I'm not an Annual Passholder anymore, but was from 93-12. I guess I find walking around the park with this to be more cumbersome than taking it back to the car.

Maybe it's the Reddit cynic in me - I can see this guy just doing it for some sweet, sweet Reddit karma. I doubt this guy really walked around the park all day.

Eh, whatever. I'm just going to admit I'm an old man and Disneyland just annoys me these days.

• Like 1