What Lego set did you buy today?

So I hit TRU this morning haven't really had a chance to over xmas. Firstly the Lego shelves were literally halve empty. They had a Nijago set covering nearly the entire star wars section, most of the other Lego shelves had been filled with large remote controlled cars. Spoke to the manager and he said they weren't expecting another Lego delivery untill feb!

So I've bought what I could using some of the £20 off vouchers I earned early Dec. Here's what I got.

x4 Ant Man Final Battle @£10ea

x4 Wall-E @£20ea

x2 Knowhere Escape Mission @£10ea (got them to price match amazon)

x1 75053 The Ghost @£50

No Ectos otherwise I would of got 4 more of those, not sure these will come back to TRU.

52 minutes ago, TheGallows said:

So I hit TRU this morning haven't really had a chance to over xmas. Firstly the Lego shelves were literally halve empty. They had a Nijago set covering nearly the entire star wars section, most of the other Lego shelves had been filled with large remote controlled cars. Spoke to the manager and he said they weren't expecting another Lego delivery untill feb!

So I've bought what I could using some of the £20 off vouchers I earned early Dec. Here's what I got.

x4 Ant Man Final Battle @£10ea

x4 Wall-E @£20ea

x2 Knowhere Escape Mission @£10ea (got them to price match amazon)

x1 75053 The Ghost @£50

No Ectos otherwise I would of got 4 more of those, not sure these will come back to TRU.

I've still yet to use my TRU vouchers. I'm assuming that you're not restricted to one or two per customer? I phone TRU Reading as I wanted to stack mine to buy a Sydney Opera House but was informed they would only allow two to be used against any one transaction. I'm assuming this is going to vary from store to store as managers impose their own funky rules.

13 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

I've still yet to use my TRU vouchers. I'm assuming that you're not restricted to one or two per customer? I phone TRU Reading as I wanted to stack mine to buy a Sydney Opera House but was informed they would only allow two to be used against any one transaction. I'm assuming this is going to vary from store to store as managers impose their own funky rules.

I actually bought a SOH for £200 last week from Poole TRU, same thing there only one gift card per transaction. It actually says it on the back of the card so you'd have to find a manager in an extremely generous mood to be able to stack them. Spoke with the assistant manager @ Poole and he said they weren't expecting another Lego delivery until the end of Jan, so the same story as my local.

Might be worth using them sooner than later mate, the pickings are already slim at my two nearest, and it dosn't look like they are getting more until after 16th jan at least, when the GC finishes.

oh yeah no restriction on the amount per customer, I used 8 today. I love being Mr popular at the tills ;)

Edited by TheGallows

I was thinking long and hard about Brick Bank, but took at Palace Cinema home instead and i used a lot of points, and got it for about half off.  I'll wait for BB until 2x month.

Also, grabbed a few of the new Force Awakens Sets (Maz set) and FO Battle Pack..  I think the FO Battle Pack is one of the best battle packs since DS Troopers. .

The lego store I went too was highly raided. Only the new Star Wars sets, and Kylo's ship were at the store.  Even the architecture section was bare with just the new sets available.  I passed on all of them.

Edited by fossilrock

As per the Clearance Thread, I stood by and watch Target employees stack the shelves with new merchandise, and grabbed whatever "oh we forgot to put this on clearance" sets I liked. Walked away with:

3x 70226 Mammoth's Frozen Stronghold $29.98 each (50% off)

3x 30294 Cowler's Dragon polybag $1.18 each (75% off)

1x 31033 Vehicle Transport $9.98 (60% off)

And I had told myself to stop buying :(

• Like 2

Took the chance and waited till today for markdown on pop star poly from target and lost. Thanks for missing 5 of the 100 that were there. Hate loosing to people. Got 30 or so at 1.19 but still anoying. Must be small timer that is always smooshing mini figs because he left 30 X Wing polys and all the ninjago polys.