What Lego set did you buy today?

16 hours ago, kiltyoneal said:

I'm glad I went deep into the hood tonight to Walmart.  Saw some Jabba Barges for $49, but passed on them.  Then I ran across some City Square sets (60097) that I didn't even realize Walmart carried in store.  They didn't scan with a price so I took one to the guest service counter.

Cashier couldn't get it to come up with a price either, so she called over the assistant manager who took it over to the manager.  A few minutes later she comes back and she's on the horn with the manager.  I can hear her talking, "Yeah, it's the big one".  She tells the cashier, "Okay, department 7 ... twenty-three ninety-six."

I thought that was some kind of price code, so I asked her politely what the price ended up being.  "$23.96" was her response with a smile.  "That's a good deal I bet."

"Yeah, that's a pretty good deal.  Are you sure that price is right?", I said.

"Yup, that's what the manager says."

"Alright, mind if I grab another one?"

"Go ahead, if there's any more left!", she said.

I ran back and grabbed one more and left two of them on the shelf.  Checked out and then prayed on the way back to my car that I didn't get jacked with those two sets in my arms.

I want to come to your hood as my hood or getto does not have deals this good 

and I missed the yoyo deal on these

• Like 1

Went and got a Brick Bank from Oakridge Lego store today. Having just been 2 days ago I was surprised to see they'd changed their layout again, I guess to accommodate the new stuff. I was there for about 20 minutes just observing the massive crowd. City sets were selling well, people were looking but not grabbing Nexo Knights, lots of AFOLs getting the new Brick Bank and GBHQ, but surprisingly other big sets too... Saw a TB and SOH go out the door while I was there, plus about 5 BB, and maybe 4 GBHQs. I browsed for some of the Sale sets I saw the other day; Birds, 5 Armies, Witch King were all gone. I did find the last 2 Shipwreck Defense and about 10 Soldiers Forts on sale, grabbed 2 and 3 respectively, along with my Brick Bank.

Time to slice some seals! 

I went to Oakridge earlier today and saw lots of people buying star wars. Went back in the evening and the shelves were pretty much bare. All the smaller sets and a lot of the buildable figures gone. Was planning to grab a battle pack too but wanted to go home and get my calendar coupon.

19 hours ago, brickman425 said:

Went to a nearby Lego store for a couple buildable figures and realized the person in line in front of me was returning a 75054 AT-AT. Told the cashier I'll take the AT-AT you just got in and walked out with all this for $145.

They threw in a cup of coffee too? Nice!

• Like 2

Wasn't planning on buying Lego today (I'm sure we've all been there!) but my son was really wanting a train so I took a slight detour to our local TRU and stumbled upon two Imperial hotels in a surprisingly good condition, below MSRP at £90 each. Not sure whether my son or I was happier after we left with our respective purchases.

27 minutes ago, cory730 said:

My target has the pop star polys at 70% off at $1.19. Literally 100 left minimum. Buy all or some? 

I'd by some and if you have other Friends polys you wonder what to do with, bundle them on EBay.  A bundle sometimes seems more attractive to buyers and it helps to get rid of other slow moving pink stuff.

3x Ecto-1 from shop at home - seal code 49R5.  used up some VIP points and a gift card.

came across 3x Ant-Man Final Battle's at target for $13.98 each .

the target i was at had all the Jurassic World sets (except of course RE) on the shelves.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1