What Lego set did you buy today?

I'm glad I went deep into the hood tonight to Walmart.  Saw some Jabba Barges for $49, but passed on them.  Then I ran across some City Square sets (60097) that I didn't even realize Walmart carried in store.  They didn't scan with a price so I took one to the guest service counter.

Cashier couldn't get it to come up with a price either, so she called over the assistant manager who took it over to the manager.  A few minutes later she comes back and she's on the horn with the manager.  I can hear her talking, "Yeah, it's the big one".  She tells the cashier, "Okay, department 7 ... twenty-three ninety-six."

I thought that was some kind of price code, so I asked her politely what the price ended up being.  "$23.96" was her response with a smile.  "That's a good deal I bet."

"Yeah, that's a pretty good deal.  Are you sure that price is right?", I said.

"Yup, that's what the manager says."

"Alright, mind if I grab another one?"

"Go ahead, if there's any more left!", she said.

I ran back and grabbed one more and left two of them on the shelf.  Checked out and then prayed on the way back to my car that I didn't get jacked with those two sets in my arms.

LegoCityTram.jpg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, kiltyoneal said:

I'm glad I went deep into the hood tonight to Walmart.  Saw some Jabba Barges for $49, but passed on them.  Then I ran across some City Square sets (60097) that I didn't even realize Walmart carried in store.  They didn't scan with a price so I took one to the guest service counter.

Cashier couldn't get it to come up with a price either, so she called over the assistant manager who took it over to the manager.  A few minutes later she comes back and she's on the horn with the manager.  I can hear her talking, "Yeah, it's the big one".  She tells the cashier, "Okay, department 7 ... twenty-three ninety-six."

I thought that was some kind of price code, so I asked her politely what the price ended up being.  "$23.96" was her response with a smile.  "That's a good deal I bet."

I ran back and grabbed one more and left two of them on the shelf.  Checked out and then prayed on the way back to my car that I didn't get jacked with those two sets in my arms.

You left $49 sail barges and 2 $24 city squares..... Congrats but wow you should have cleaned them out 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Copterman said:

Just bought a Tumbler from LEGO Shop at Home. My sweet wife allowed me to buy it and stash it to be opened later once I save up enough "allowance" money to pay for it. So pumped! In the meantime I get to admire the nice shiny box once it comes in!

Enjoy the build - it's a fun one!

Just bought a Tumbler from LEGO Shop at Home. My sweet wife allowed me to buy it and stash it to be opened later once I save up enough "allowance" money to pay for it. So pumped! In the meantime I get to admire the nice shiny box once it comes in!

I would open that thing ASAP if you're planning to build. If it retires before you open it and it starts increasing in value it will be much harder to justify...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Grissom said:

Was looking at the brick bank but when you add it to basket the price magically increases from £119.99 to 133.37 ?!

Ghostbusters HQ also increases it's a bit weird 

Reseller tax.

16 hours ago, kiltyoneal said:

Nice find!

The hood... the last frontier.

• Like 1

That manager will be looking for a new job come Monday when HQ finds out his pricing policy is to pick 4 random numbers out of a hat.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, valenciaeric said:

That manager will be looking for a new job come Monday when HQ finds out his pricing policy is to pick 4 random numbers out of a hat.

Nah, it's Walmart. There is no bar...