What Lego set did you buy today?

Today I bought: 1x 9474 Battle of Helmsdeep for 75 euro 5x 3570 Street soccer set for 5 euro each 3x 3569 Soccer Stadium for 35 euro each 2x 8971 Agents Helicopter for 35 euro each 6x 7707 Exo-Force for 20 euro each All at a clearance sale, very happy!

Walked into the dinky Walmart across town that I never go to about 30 minutes ago and went to the Lego isle which is about 1/3 the size of the other walmarts in town and low and behold marked there were: (5) 6868 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout for $15! Yes! $15. All the boxes in good shape. I picked up 5 for $30 at another walmart last week. Both walmarts have small toy sections which is the only reason I could see why they would be on sale. Funny thing is it didn't have any red tags or anything that said it was on sale. Just the yellow & white beam label that read $15.

Just got home from TRU. I got their last 2 Attack on Weathertops for $50.84 each, including tax. It was a nice surprise. The shelf tag still said $64.50. I asked about price matching, and she said yes they match their online price ($59.99). But then when she scanned it she said it was already on sale for $54.99. That meant none of my coupons would work, but then she pulled out a coupon she had in her drawer that gave me another $15.00 off. She even threw in an extra freebie (Star Wars Mandalorian Fighter), one for each set. All in all, I'm happy. :)

Had a good weekend trip out of state and picked up a couple of things. Gotta love rural Barnes and Nobles. One 7964 Republic Frigate for $80. This B&****** had 4 frigates, and a ton of other random old Atlantis, PotC, etc. Went back later to grab a Hoth Wampa Cave for $30 (after discounts, etc). At the B&****** in Rome, Georgia though, found 2 Hogwarts (smaller version), 2 Quidditch Match, and 1 Forbidden Forest. Got those for about $120 total after discounts etc. Today I found one Weathertop for $42, and two Hulk Helicarrier Breakouts for $35 each (can't match the $15 up above, haha). Those were at Fred Meyer.

while the rest of you were out looking like total nut-jobs, smooshing for mr. gold today, i scored another solid shopko clearance deal. i hit up four different shopkos in my area and bought the following... 6864 batmobile & two-face chase x 28 @$22.41/each. they were on clearance for $24.99/each. today is the first wednesday of the month, so i dragged my father out of his house to take advantage of his extra 15% senior discount, which brought the price down to $22.41/each including tax. total cost, including tax, was $627.48. total retail, including tax, is $1476.72. that's a savings of $849.24 that will eventually all go to the bottom line. if you have shopkos in your area, get out there today, and make sure to bring a senior citizen with you! they only offer that senior discount on the first wednesday of every month. good luck!

while the rest of you were out looking like total nut-jobs, smooshing for mr. gold today, i scored another solid shopko clearance deal. i hit up four different shopkos in my area and bought the following...

6864 batmobile & two-face chase x 28 @$22.41/each.

they were on clearance for $24.99/each. today is the first wednesday of the month, so i dragged my father out of his house to take advantage of his extra 15% senior discount, which brought the price down to $22.41/each including tax. total cost, including tax, was $627.48. total retail, including tax, is $1476.72. that's a savings of $849.24 that will eventually all go to the bottom line.

if you have shopkos in your area, get out there today, and make sure to bring a senior citizen with you! they only offer that senior discount on the first wednesday of every month. good luck!

Nice!

Three more Weathertops at $45 after tax. One at Fred Meyer, two at a single Target. There was no shelf tag - they were tucked behind Orc Forges (of which I have seen a ton of at Target this week), no clearance tag or anything, but rang up at $41.98. Saw a Mines of Moria at Fred Meyer today for $55, but the box was trashed so I passed.

I am typically not one to spike the football but... My personal collection picked up a complete display-only condition used Maersk train + box/instructions for $90. I may have to pick up a new sticker sheet but even with the additional cost that's still below retail for a set I would build even if I bought it new. 2 bins, full, all different eras and types of sets with a stack of instructions. ~50 mini/megafigs from SW, HP, MF, IJ, and others. Paid $0. Yep, it was free on CL. Hoe lee sheet. I was expecting a jilted lover would hand me the stuff but it was a really cool couple who are moving out of country and just had to get rid of it stat. Now in terms of biggest score or largest profit margin this doesn't even come close but a great day none-the-less and I finally got my Maersk!!

awesome! is this the price at all of your walmarts? a national markdown? or just regional? i checked all of mine a few days ago and they were all still at $130.

The (2) i scored at $89 a couple weeks ago were in clearance aisle at Walmart. I don't know if they sniffed the Lego aisle, they were together and had this clear packing tape on them as if packed together, dunno.

Picked up on CL used in display condition (no dust) with box and instructions all of these Star Wars sets for $400: 7914, 9494, 9494, 7869, 7877, 9497, 7868, 9491, 9490, 7930, 9495, 7931, 9492, 9525, 8095, 9493, 7674, 8088, 7961, 9500, 8098, 7965, 7964, 6205, 8084, 8085, 8093, 9498, 7957, 7915, 7959, 7681, 75003, 4500 At walmart while burning time before my CL meeting I found: (19) 6858 Catwoman Catcycle City Chase for $5 each (5) 30213 Gandalf at Dol Guldur for $2.50 each (1) 2258 Ninja Ambush for $5 (5) 30102 Olivia's Desk for $2.50 each (5) 30106 Ice Cream Stand for $2.50 each (5) 30108 Summer Picnic for $2.50 each