What Lego set did you buy today?

With the Tower of Orthanc news today, I went ahead an bought two more LOTR: The Orc Forge sets. I'm not missing the boat on it like I did with Monster Fighter: The Zombies. I only purchased one MF: Zombies set and now I regret not getting more.

I hope these are still around for May the 4th. Last I looked they were available, but with the Orthanc, I have a feeling they are going to get even more popular.

This purchase was rather girly. Heh heh.

Friends

Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery

Olivia's Speedboat

Mia's Bedroom

Stephanie's Cool Convertible

Heartlake Flying Club

All at Wal-Mart.

Lord of the Rings

Attack on Weathertop for $41.97

Finally got myself one at a good price at Target!

The Orc Forge

Must have just got some new stock in at Target; haven't seen any since before November last year.

Some more Minifigures from Series 9 and cleaned out the rest of my Five Below pretty much until they get Series 10 in. If it wasn't for the discount on Weathertop and finding more Orc Forges, I would have been fine with just the Friends sets. Although I guess I did need a couple of 'guy' sets to even things out. Ha ha. ;-)

Guest ph4tb0i

Stephanie's Outdoor Bakery Heartlake Flying Club (with Stephanie) Captain American cycle thingy. The "stephanie" purchases are more for building a little town to mock my sister in law.. hahaha...

Heartlake Flying Club (with Stephanie)

Captain American cycle thingy.

The "stephanie" purchases are more for building a little town to mock my sister in law.. hahaha...

Dude, that's plain nuts how you got the same two I just did! Ha ha.

Plus I wanted to get another Captain America's Avenging Cycle set but they were sold out.

"mock my sister in law" Now that's comedy! :-)

This purchase was rather girly. Heh heh.

Friends

Olivia's Speedboat

Mia's Bedroom

Stephanie's Cool Convertible

Heartlake Flying Club

All at Wal-Mart.

Lord of the Rings

Attack on Weathertop for $41.97

Finally got myself one at a good price!

The Orc Forge

Must have just got some new stock in at Target; haven't seen any since before November last year.

Some more Minifigures from Series 9 and cleaned out the rest of my Five Below pretty much until they get Series 10 in. If it wasn't for the discount on Weathertop and finding more Orc Forges, I would have been fine with just the Friends sets. Although I guess I did need a couple of 'guy' sets to even things out. Ha ha. ;-)

Well, if Wal-mart is starting to clearance Attack on Weathertop, I might just have to go do some shopping today and see if mine have followed suit. I haven't seen an Orc Forge at any of my Targets since Christmas.

Guest ph4tb0i

Plus I wanted to get another Captain America's Avenging Cycle set but they were sold out.

haha! I was actually very close to getting Weathertop and Stephanie's Convertible too! :)

Well, if Wal-mart is starting to clearance Attack on Weathertop, I might just have to go do some shopping today and see if mine have followed suit. I haven't seen an Orc Forge at any of my Targets since Christmas.Sorry for the confusion, I had only meant that I found all those Friends sets at Wal-Mart; not Attack on Weathertop. I had found that redtagged set at Target. I should have specified that.

I went back and edited my original post so no one gets confused. Sorry about that.

haha! I was actually very close to getting Weathertop and Stephanie's Convertible too! :) ......Okay, now you're just wierding me out.

And why am I hearing the theme from The Twilight Zone all of a sudden?

Had a local garage sale saying they had "bulk legos". Figured I'd give it a shot and sneak out of work for a bit and check it out. (Don't worry, I work plenty of OT on salary, I don't mind sneaking out) Anyway, lady had a giant tote full of lego and she says she's selling gallon Ziploc bags @ $10. So far, I'm not too interested. Then she says, I'll just dump the thing out on a sheet and let people go through it". Jackpot. I was able to pull out dozens of figures in my first bag. Not just the crap either. Harry Potter, PotC, SuperHeroes, Star Wars, PoP, it was amazing. Unfortunately, they were all taken apart, so finding every little piece was hard, and I'm too old to be searching through a pile on the concrete garage floor. Parts were from very nice sets too. Aside from that, I was very happy to get lots of tan, dark tan, dark green, rock pieces, etc. for making scenery. Took my son the next morning and we fished around for more and picked up another $10 bag. So in all, for my $20, picked up: -25 complete figures -pieces for dozens more -6-7 lbs of parts -about a dozen animals Made me happy and made for a happy kid. Plan on selling the figures that are duplicates and basically have free Lego.

Now there's a real treasure haul, Huskers!

Just awesome. :-)

I offered her $100 for the whole thing, but she wanted to sell by the bag(probably a wise decision on her part, it was a huge tote). Said she was worried about making her kids mad since she was thinning out their toys. They were probably REALLY pissed when they saw what had been taken.

Had a local garage sale saying they had "bulk legos". Figured I'd give it a shot and sneak out of work for a bit and check it out. (Don't worry, I work plenty of OT on salary, I don't mind sneaking out) Anyway, lady had a giant tote full of lego and she says she's selling gallon Ziploc bags @ $10. So far, I'm not too interested. Then she says, I'll just dump the thing out on a sheet and let people go through it". Jackpot. I was able to pull out dozens of figures in my first bag. Not just the crap either. Harry Potter, PotC, SuperHeroes, Star Wars, PoP, it was amazing. Unfortunately, they were all taken apart, so finding every little piece was hard, and I'm too old to be searching through a pile on the concrete garage floor. Parts were from very nice sets too.

Aside from that, I was very happy to get lots of tan, dark tan, dark green, rock pieces, etc. for making scenery. Took my son the next morning and we fished around for more and picked up another $10 bag. So in all, for my $20, picked up:

-25 complete figures

-pieces for dozens more

-6-7 lbs of parts

-about a dozen animals

Made me happy and made for a happy kid. Plan on selling the figures that are duplicates and basically have free Lego.

Man, do you live in Austin? I saw a craigslist ad for Garage Sale and they had gallon sized bags for 10.00 each.

Had a local garage sale saying they had "bulk legos". Figured I'd give it a shot and sneak out of work for a bit and check it out. (Don't worry, I work plenty of OT on salary, I don't mind sneaking out) Anyway, lady had a giant tote full of lego and she says she's selling gallon Ziploc bags @ $10. So far, I'm not too interested. Then she says, I'll just dump the thing out on a sheet and let people go through it". Jackpot. I was able to pull out dozens of figures in my first bag. Not just the crap either. Harry Potter, PotC, SuperHeroes, Star Wars, PoP, it was amazing. Unfortunately, they were all taken apart, so finding every little piece was hard, and I'm too old to be searching through a pile on the concrete garage floor. Parts were from very nice sets too.

Aside from that, I was very happy to get lots of tan, dark tan, dark green, rock pieces, etc. for making scenery. Took my son the next morning and we fished around for more and picked up another $10 bag. So in all, for my $20, picked up:

-25 complete figures

-pieces for dozens more

-6-7 lbs of parts

-about a dozen animals

Made me happy and made for a happy kid. Plan on selling the figures that are duplicates and basically have free Lego.

Congrats!