What Lego set did you buy today?

Three Monster Fighters Vampyre Castle $69.00 from two Walmarts. All they had and the first Walmart discount I've seen in nine months that was more than 2 cents. Both Walmarts had Monster Fighters at 30% off with only Vampyre Hearse, Crazy Scientist & His Monster and Ghost Trains in stock (the most were Ghost Trains with over 15 at each Walmart). I also noticed one Walmart had over 50 Ninjago Ultra Sonic Raiders (9449) at full price, seems like a huge amount to put on the shelves at one time, filled up an entire Aisle End.

On my way back from DC today, I stopped by one of the Wal-Marts that still had a good stock of Vampyre Castles. I caved and bought 2 more, which made 6 for this trip and 7 total at the $69 clearance price. I also found some random clearance deals at a few Target stores: City Cement Mixer (60018) - $9.98 SW Battle of Naboo (7929) - $11.48 2 - Hero Factory Brain Attack Ogrum (44007) - $6.48 I saw one LOTR: Attack on Weathertop in the clearance section at Target for $41.98, but it was pretty beat up. I left it behind. I was able to buy 5 Weathertops at KMart for $22.50 each a few weeks ago, so I'm satisfied with that. The best thing for the trip is that I found 2 sets of the new wave of TMNT figures, Snakeweed, Baxter Stockman and Leatherhead. My 5 year old was so excited when I surprised him with them when I got home. I think he fell asleep playing with them tonight. :)

Stumbled across 5 boxes of Series 10 at my local Walmart. Spent 1.5 hours looking through each packet (yes, I felt all 300 or so) but no Mr. Gold. Bought a handful of others though.

Holy crapola that's dedication. Not sure I could've smooshed for that long, I'd be thinking after half an hour that they are watching me on camera and were getting ready to boot me from the store.

Back on topic bought a couple packs of series 9 after I went looking for series 10 and was unsuccessful. I practiced my smooshing for series 10 by looking for a series 9 Mr. Good and Evil, and was able to identify him pretty easy by the top hat. I also smooshed until I found a Forest maiden and bought the two of them.

Guest AnnexBrett

Holy crapola that's dedication. Not sure I could've smooshed for that long, I'd be thinking after half an hour that they are watching me on camera and were getting ready to boot me from the store.

Back on topic bought a couple packs of series 9 after I went looking for series 10 and was unsuccessful. I practiced my smooshing for series 10 by looking for a series 9 Mr. Good and Evil, and was able to identify him pretty easy by the top hat. I also smooshed until I found a Forest maiden and bought the two of them.

What if I buy all I see on the shelves (series 10 CMF) take it home, get my well trained kids to help me feel thru...and return the ones i dont want...? I spent 30 mins today get a few roman solider but I got anxious after a while...no patience :(

What if I buy all I see on the shelves (series 10 CMF) take it home, get my well trained kids to help me feel thru...and return the ones i dont want...? I spent 30 mins today get a few roman solider but I got anxious after a while...no patience :(

I had that same thought not long ago, but something just doesn't feel right to me about doing that.

I had that same thought not long ago, but something just doesn't feel right to me about doing that.

I`ll be honest, I considered doing that, but I agree, something didn`t feel right either. It would be highly suspicious to bring all the boxes up to customer service then ask for a refund. What`s worse, I purchased 35 series 9 last week and had to scan them in one at a time! I asked if there was an option to enter a quantity, but the girl manning the self-check out said that there wasn`t for it, or waiting in line for a cashier to do it. How odd!

Guest AnnexBrett

Right or not right...ethic not ethic...Well Well! Its exactly the same than smooshing in store - at home at least you can take your time with it! Why not everybody just grab a CMF pay for it and leave it as surprise whats in the package...

WTB those times are long gone when I felt bad/embarrassed/awkward when I returned something-or lots of something to big box retailers...

Right or not right...ethic not ethic...Well Well! Its exactly the same than smooshing in store - at home at least you can take your time with it! Why not everybody just grab a CMF pay for it and leave it as surprise whats in the package...

WTB those times are long gone when I felt bad/embarrassed/awkward when I returned something-or lots of something to big box retailers...

lol, I have never spent too much time in the stores since I have never actually smooshed for CMF. I always buy sets, but with this Mr Gold thing going on I will for sure be spending some time in the stores...so I guess I will have to consider some strategies that allow me to not feel pressured on site...

I bought my first CMF today, a Series 9. I tried smooshing, but I had no idea what I was doing. I ended up with the Battle Mech. Not my favorite, except that he reminds me a little bit of the Stig... They had a box of Series 10 but they'd already been picked down to about 10 left, so I didn't bother with them. I've been meaning to ask, is there any kind of a smooshing tutorial available on here? Or do I just need to get the sheet with all the pictures and use my imagination?

Finally found one of the Walmart deals people have been boasting about. Got a 9468 Vampyre Castle for $69 (already have one). Got two 9466 Crazy Scientists for $35 each. Got one 9467 Ghost Train for $54 (already have one). Got one 9462 The Mummy for $7. Got two 9461 Swamp Creatures for $5. Seems they are finally wised up to the whole no one's buying at full price thing. There were a LOT left over. I don't even need that many, just want to complete my collection for less than full price. The woman at the checkout said "someone's investing in Lego - keep the boxes in good shape!". Haha.