What Lego set did you buy today?

2x Vampyre Castle $64.87 each Helms Deep $84.32 City Mine $57.74 All at Meijer. 20% off coupon, 15% off for using Meijer credit card, 10% off with my sisters employee discount. I would have bought more but my sister isn't supposed to use her employee discount for anyone except herself so I didn't go crazy.

Guest AnnexBrett

I got the 4 from Amazon.fr delivered for less than the US retail. Not sure how it equates in US Dollars

How did you get those shipped to you? it is not working with neither US or Canadian shipping address...

Picked up GE for $70 and Constitution Train for $32 at Lego Shop after last month double VIP pts balance and $5 off/$50 and $20/$100 Kids Stuff coupons. Guy at the register split up my points and used both coupons on same sale. Pretty cool. Thanks to the Brick Picker that mentioned the coupon books from my kid's school. Going to see if my son's Grandmas will let me invest in Legos with their coupons too. HA!

Guest ph4tb0i

I live in Australia. Not sure why it wouldn't, it is available under the sets you can search that ship internationally

Do they gouge you on shipping to Australia from Amazon.FR?

Shipping is quite a bummer to Canada/US...

To Canada:

Articles : EUR 154,19

Livraison : EUR 29,38

Acompte Frais d'Import EUR 29,41

Montant total : EUR 212,98

To USA:

Articles : EUR 154,19

Livraison : EUR 29,38

Acompte Frais d'Import EUR 0,31

Montant total : EUR 183,88

Just got back from TRU. I bought a Battle of Helm's Deep in a perfect box for $101.86. Thanks to whoever that was who posted about the 20% off coupon! I also got an extra 15% off for applying for their credit card. The 15% discount is good all day, so I think I'll go back in a little bit with another 20% coupon. There was one more nice Helm's Deep there. They also still have a couple of Weathertops.

I had to travel to DC today, so I picked up along the way. 4 - MF Vampyre Castle $69.00 (I probably left more than 15 among several Wal-Marts) 1 - LOTR Gandalf Arrives $9.08 Target 2 - Toy Story Army Men (30071) Polybags $1.00 each (First time I've seen these at Target, since I'm late to the Lego game) They were not in the system and they looked up their last price, which was $1.18. They just gave them to me for $1 each. I'm glad I didn't snag them on EBay.

Got the Sad Clown and Paintball guy using the cheat sheet someone posted. Local Walmart (CAN) had Series 10 minifigs..tried feeling for Mr.Gold (lol writing this) but no luck in the two boxes displayed. I'm sure other Lego 'investors' have gone through the boxes before me. Since all Mr.Gold have numbers, I wonder if the lower your number or certain numbers will increase the value/demand, ie 1-10, or 100, 1000 or 5000 would fetch more $ than #3,879 out of 5,000 for example. Happy to get the minifigs I wanted...however, in the future I think Lego should do different characters in gold...so people can 'feel' for them but don't know if they will get the limited edition gold or normal version. Makes the playing field a little more even :) There could be 1,000 gold clowns out of 20,000 for example. The golden set for all the series minifigures would be super expensive! haha.

Grabbed a whole bunch more of series 9. Among them were:

6 Forest Maidens

4 Waiters

3 Chicken suits

Plus a bunch of other figs which aren`t quite as special. I now have 10 Forest Maidens all perfectly sealed!

What's the deal with the Forest Maiden? Is that the rarest one in that series?

Happy to get the minifigs I wanted...however, in the future I think Lego should do different characters in gold...so people can 'feel' for them but don't know if they will get the limited edition gold or normal version. Makes the playing field a little more even :) There could be 1,000 gold clowns out of 20,000 for example. The golden set for all the series minifigures would be super expensive! haha.

This is a great idea. Either this, or do the figure in a limited number of boxes, like they did before with the C3PO. Being able to feel the packs promotes such terrible behavior.

What's the deal with the Forest Maiden? Is that the rarest one in that series?

Not sure to be honest. I`ve only found 2 in every box that I`ve felt through (yesturday I felt about 30-35 packets before I came across the first one, then the rest came quickly). There are apparently only two of a few others as well in a case, like the waiter. They are the highest priced on average on Bricklink right now, so I figured I`d jump on the band wagon in case there is even a small amount of money to be made. Really not a loss to be had as they are so cheap to buy. Forest Maiden is just a cool figure all around as well IMO, and it goes with the Elf from series 3 so that must be having an impact on the current value.