What Lego set did you buy today?

Just bought a used Imperial flagship from a guy on CL. Shipping it to me for $170. Suppose to be complete minus one imperial soldier. The picture he sent of the ship looked good. Dude is a fellow AFOL and sounds like a cool guy. Paid with paypal this time :) Should be protected if anything goes wrong.

I guess this doesn't count as "buy", but I did pick up a 4483 AT-AT today via trade. A local sportscard dealer had it, and I traded some of my unopened pack collection for it. The box had been opened, but all bags are intact and in good condition. On the one hand, I probably could have sold the cards and invested that money in some other stuff. On the OTHER hand, I just traded a pile of cardboard and old gum for an iconic Lego Star Wars set, so I prefer to take that view. :-)

All prices are after sales tax 3 HP 4738 H.Hutts for $46 each 1 opened 10220 VW Camper with box for $85 1 Toy Story Woody's Roundup 7594 for $20 2 Emperor Shuttle 8096 for $65 each 1 Toy Story Army Men for $12 Last week... 4 more Ghost Trains for $61 each. Target wouldn't price match $54. Ugh 1 10220 VW Camper for $109 1 Pass Train 7938 for $117 1 Imperial Shuttle 7166 for $35 (opened poor condition box with sealed contents, I'm done shopping for a while.

I found a few for $26.50 last month, built one for my 3 yr old son. He liked it. It is a conversation item to say the least.

The best I've seen is $13 at KMart during their 50% off clearance.

Great price. I would consider that price an outlier though. Nearly impossible for many to find. My local stores never had that price. Hope you bought the all up even if the EOL growth is avg. wow. Great price.

Helm's deep @ 115

Vampyre Castle @ 70

SSD @ 150

BP & QAR @ 320

FB @ 120

Attack on Weathertop @ 44

Good week for me, except maybe helm's deep. But they're not clearanced at my walmart yet. The SSD came sealed from Craigslist.

WOW sealed SSD for only 150! Buy of the month in my book!

After reading about the clearance sale at Walmart, I headed over there first thing this morning, and came out with the following: 9463 The Werewolf (x4) @ $13 9462 The Mummy (x2) @ $7 9468 Vampire Castle (x3) @ 69 Only one of the Vampire Castle boxes is perfect. The other sets are all undamaged. This is my first time buying something in an attempt to make money -- how did I do?

After reading about the clearance sale at Walmart, I headed over there first thing this morning, and came out with the following:

9463 The Werewolf (x4) @ $13

9462 The Mummy (x2) @ $7

9468 Vampire Castle (x3) @ 69

Only one of the Vampire Castle boxes is perfect. The other sets are all undamaged.

This is my first time buying something in an attempt to make money -- how did I do?

I think you did pretty well. The Houses should give you a nice profit, but you'll have to wait a bit :)

After reading about the clearance sale at Walmart, I headed over there first thing this morning, and came out with the following:

9463 The Werewolf (x4) @ $13

9462 The Mummy (x2) @ $7

9468 Vampire Castle (x3) @ 69

Only one of the Vampire Castle boxes is perfect. The other sets are all undamaged.

This is my first time buying something in an attempt to make money -- how did I do?

Storyteller,

You did very well.

I will however give you sone advice. I am now 4 months into this and my biggest regret so far is buying too many small sets. The Mummy and Werewolf may be hard to make money on at the end of the day.

Just my advice as someone who was in your shoes just a few months ago. Take it or leave it hahahahaha.

i drove a little out of my way to hit up a few more walmarts looking for more vampire castles. i came away with 4 more @ $69/each. i think i have pretty much cleaned out the green bay and fox valley area on these. i left the rest of the monster fighter sets at each walmart. i already have double digits on all of them except the mummy and swamp creature (too small & won't be enough profit on these later, even at the discounted prices in my opinion). i also came away with 2 quinjets @$49/each. then i stopped at a target i haven't been to in years and cleaned them out of orc forges. i paid retail, but used the red card for a 5% discount. this set is worth paying retail for. then at the last walmart i stopped at i found a rare find. a sopwith camel was sitting by his lonesome in the clearance section with no tag. i scanned it on one of their scanners, and it said to see an associate for help. i tracked down a minion and she scanned it. came up at retail of $99.97, but i bought it anyway since i don't have any of these yet. the box was in great shape and the seals still intact. i am guessing it was an internet return.