What Lego set did you buy today?

The Dynamic Duo Fun House, online Lego store...no discounts - bad novice investor :) Looks like a great set with few good mini figures and has potential. If it doesn't go up in value down the road at least I can crack it open to enjoy.

This is a fantastic little set that continues to keep on giving. I have a couple put aside, but I am constantly flipping them as they sell so well. I would love to have a stash of these for when it goes EOL

This is a fantastic little set that continues to keep on giving. I have a couple put aside, but I am constantly flipping them as they sell so well. I would love to have a stash of these for when it goes EOL

I also grabbed a couple today, for 20% off. It`s a great set with awesome minifigs and it carries a strong sense of nostalgia for the Animated Series fans ( who isn`t one? ).

Located a Walmart about 30min away in the next town with a fairly decent clearance section. All were between 40% and 50% off Canadian retail Bought: 2 Samurai Mech - $30each 5 Desert Skiff (For the Boba Fett`s and Luke mostly) - $15each 2 Uruk-hai Army - $30 1 Gandalf Arrives - $10 Not that great if you look at American Prices, but these deals are practically non-existent here. Trust me, I`ve looked hard. Very happy with the finds!

I went to b&****** with my coupon and the only thing a found was a vampyre castle in rough shape. Im talking creases, a crushed corner, and two bent side flaps. But they agreed to 10% off, plus my membership discount, plus my coupon, for a total of 40% off. With tax it cost me 65 bucks, but now i'm having second thoughts. Should i hold onto it anyway or take it back?

Ahh sorry to hear, a city mine for $45 would have been a fantastic grab! I love that set!

The funny thing is, now someone else on CL has posted an unopened mine for $120. I think it's probably the same person who bought the one for $45 trying to flip it. He's pretty bold asking for more than MSRP already, though.

I went to b&****** with my coupon and the only thing a found was a vampyre castle in rough shape. Im talking creases, a crushed corner, and two bent side flaps. But they agreed to 10% off, plus my membership discount, plus my coupon, for a total of 40% off. With tax it cost me 65 bucks, but now i'm having second thoughts. Should i hold onto it anyway or take it back?

I'd keep it and build it, but that's just me. I'd love to buy a Vampyre Castle in a beat up box for 65, because that would be my motivation to open it and build it, lol. I guess I probably won't ever be a truly great investor, ha ha.

Bear with me...I bought 2x 10221 SSDs last Saturday at TRU opening credit card with 15% off and $40 in gift cards for total of $684. Not great but something. Manager wouldn't/couldn't use the (2) 20% off coupons i had in hand because of some horrible promo that saved me 7.50 each and told me to come back after the sale for added rebate with coupons. Went back tonight, MANAGER OF THE YEAR rang me up with 20% off for each and some 'Immediate Markdown" doing math on her phone plus $25 off $100 purchase promo...for $172 CREDIT back onto my card. I damn near kissed her for helping me score 2x 10221 for $256 EACH! Holla!

Bear with me...I bought 2x 10221 SSDs last Saturday at TRU opening credit card with 15% off and $40 in gift cards for total of $684. Not great but something.

Manager wouldn't/couldn't use the (2) 20% off coupons i had in hand because of some horrible promo that saved me 7.50 each and told me to come back after the sale for added rebate with coupons.

Went back tonight, MANAGER OF THE YEAR rang me up with 20% off for each and some 'Immediate Markdown" doing math on her phone plus $25 off $100 purchase promo...for $172 CREDIT back onto my card.

I damn near kissed her for helping me score 2x 10221 for $256 EACH! Holla!

Where is this toysrus that stocks ucs sets?? I live in houston. I'm surrounded by toysrus, there are probably 9 or 10 within a half hour drive. NONE of them ever stock any ucs, htf, modulars, nothing. I know we all rag on toysrus, but if you get a nice manager it's much easier to score a good deal on sets in person. The online store seems set to tell me NO by default.

Jeeze, can't really remember the last time I posted something here. Anyway, here goes. At Target I did the usual pricematch with Amazon at the customer service counter for the Creator "Log Cabin" for $23.44 and then Galaxy Squad "Warp Stinger" for $23.97. (I think the Warp Stinger discount will be totally gone very soon since only Walmart online has it anymore and I don't think the Log Cabin will go any lower. I would like it to; I need those parts!) Bought 9 more extras of Series 9 at Five Below. About the smallest Minifigures purchase I've made in a while. Heh. And at Walmart I finally said the hell with it and made my first Friends investment! Four of them that is in polybags. Found only two of Olivia's Desk left. A bunch of previously Target exclusive polybags, Ice Cream Stand and Summer Picnic. And I had to get a Cat's Playground just for the kitty! I don't how it could have taken me this long, these are just so goshdarn CUTE!!!! ......Huh, didn't feel wierd to say that at all. Problem is now I have at least three more Friends sets on my mind to buy. (For the moment....)

Where is this toysrus that stocks ucs sets?? I live in houston. I'm surrounded by toysrus, there are probably 9 or 10 within a half hour drive. NONE of them ever stock any ucs, htf, modulars, nothing. I know we all rag on toysrus, but if you get a nice manager it's much easier to score a good deal on sets in person. The online store seems set to tell me NO by default.

Long Island. Scored 4x 10212 and 2x 10221 from same TRU over past 3 months. Never see UCS in any other TRU, just this one. To be honest, I am first to rip on TRU for the horrible everyday prices and terrible markups during BOGOs and Promotions...but lucked out FINALLY! They still have 2x 10221 up top on the overstock shelf, never on the regular stock shelves. Those SSDs have been screaming at me every time i walked into there.

Got a decent deal at Toys R Us with their $25 off $100 purchase sale. Alien Conquest: Earth Defense HQ (7066) - $65.98 - $14.87 = $51.11 The Hobbit: Barrel Escape (79004) - $44.99 - $10.13 = $34.86 Total = $91.12 after tax Also picked up 2 - Technic: Flatbed Truck (8109) for $85 each, @ $90.09 after tax. I'm probably going to flip these fairly soon. They are my first Technic sets and I can't believe how heavy they are in the box.

Wife was at local moms-to-moms sale (think of 'garage' sale with mainly kid items)...she spend $1 on an used 2001 Studios Stunt Man Catapult 1356, still has box, instructions and 2 mint mini figures. There might be 1-2 non essential parts missing I can pick up at Lego.com but I'm happy the mini figures are in great shape. For $1 you can't go wrong...she was happy, especially when I told her she can get around 10x's her 'investment' back and her portfolio is better than mine % wise haha. Better when your spouse/partner is cool with lego investing ;)