What Lego set did you buy today?

Found my old love for Lego again while on holiday. 37 years old and feel like a kid again. Had a huge collection when I was small and gave it all away when I was 18. I want to kick myself now for doing that. Got a couple of Creator sets to get started and introduce my kids this holiday. Loved the 31006 set - Highway Speedster and also the 31005. Also find the minifigure sealed bags exciting and reminds me of my Magic: The gathering I collected for around 10 years (until last year). The Lego will now replace the MtG addiction. Today I bought my first set to start my collection and keep unopened. Bought a Jabba's Palace. Also got a minifigure series 9 when the wife sent me to the store to get milk and bread today. She frowned at my motive to help her by going to the store.....lol. Dear Wife, Challenge accepted!

Found my old love for Lego again while on holiday.

37 years old and feel like a kid again. Had a huge collection when I was small and gave it all away when I was 18. I want to kick myself now for doing that.

Got a couple of Creator sets to get started and introduce my kids this holiday.

Loved the 31006 set - Highway Speedster and also the 31005.

Also find the minifigure sealed bags exciting and reminds me of my Magic: The gathering I collected for around 10 years (until last year).

The Lego will now replace the MtG addiction.

Today I bought my first set to start my collection and keep unopened. Bought a Jabba's Palace.

Also got a minifigure series 9 when the wife sent me to the store to get milk and bread today.

She frowned at my motive to help her by going to the store.....lol.

Dear Wife, Challenge accepted!

Welcome to the Lego addiction! Many of us use our kids as excused to play with Legos ourselves!

1. Two non-UCS MF at TrU last week. This was one of few sets that does not get marked up during the BOGO deal

2. A Jabba's Palace set at Target. Apparently, they won't price match their own website, if the website is out of stock. Eventually convinced the manager.

3. Two Rancor's Pit at YoYo.

Need to start unloading my inventory. Carrying too much for my liking.

Target does match their online price, but the item has to be "in stock".

See here: https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q4070

See here: https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/our-low-price-promise#q4070

But apparently most of the time they don't care/know and they end up price matching anyway. I got 4 Jabba's Palace from 4 different Targets and they all price matched even with the online store out of stock.

I remember reading a couple other members saying the same thing

Thanks, but I don't see that exclusion listed. They mention not price matching competitor when competitor is out of stock, but I see nothing about it applying to their own site. There are several stores around me that have the Palace 'In Stock'.

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

Just picked up a Tower Bridge from Amazon Warehouse Deals for 206.70. They had another for 193 and change but said the box was in less than stellar condition...hope mine is halfway decent. Forgot to post from the BOGO B&****** sale over the weekend: 1x Friends Pool 2x Rancor Pit

Just picked up a Tower Bridge from Amazon Warehouse Deals for 206.70. They had another for 193 and change but said the box was in less than stellar condition...hope mine is halfway decent.

Forgot to post from the BOGO B&****** sale over the weekend:

1x Friends Pool

2x Rancor Pit

Should come in good shape. Maybe a few dents or so. I bought a few from warehouse deals planning on building it myself, but everyone I would get would be in near perfect condition. Finally got one that wasn't still sealed for 175, none of the bags were open though. Fun family build.

took advantage of the yoyo bogo sale today. since they are out of vampyre castles at the moment, i purchased 2x 79003, an unexpected gathering, for $52.49/each. no tax and free shipping. this is the first of the hobbit sets i have begun to stockpile. looks like a quality set with a good chance of appreciating well, and the 29% discount doesn't hurt either!

10 x Vampyre Castle

10 x Ghost Train

10 x Captain America Cycle

5 x Droid Escape

My goodness, what a lovely haul! I wish I had the capital readily available most times.

I found a lone Helms Deep in the clearance section at Walmart that I picked up (now have 3 total) and also purchased some more Series 9. All of the latter are for the personal collection.

5 more 30111 Harry Potter "The Lab" at a Target. I keep picking these up when I find them.

Did they ring up regular price (3.99-4.29)? I found one at target reduced to $1.02 with a red tag that said "as is" on it so I grabbed a handful of the ones they had left, but they rang up for $4.29 so I passed.

Local music store had a 35% off deal. They happen to carry Jabba, Rancor, and Vampyre Castle. The expression of the kid with a Mohawk at the register was priceless. I could just imagine him thinking, "Dude. You're spending $200 on Legos?" Picked up a few CDs for $3-4 ea. as well. All in all, a good day.

I picked up 2 leftover technic flatbed trucks at toysrus for 85 bucks each. More importantly, I ordered set 10129, the ucs snowspeeder, and it arrived today. Got it used but it looks to be complete and unfaded. It's my most expensive Lego purchase so far and my second ucs set to build. I'm really looking forward to starting it.

I picked up 2 leftover technic flatbed trucks at toysrus for 85 bucks each. More importantly, I ordered set 10129, the ucs snowspeeder, and it arrived today. Got it used but it looks to be complete and unfaded. It's my most expensive Lego purchase so far and my second ucs set to build. I'm really looking forward to starting it.

The Flatbed Truck's at $85 a piece is an excellent buy. They are going for $130+ on ebay already!!

Sweet! Bought 10182 and 10185 from UK sellers yesterday. Shipping was a little high but I was aware of that. And today I closed a deal on 10179 for 740 euro (950$), sadly without the box. But were I live (Denmark) there just isn't a lot of 10179 for sale. Hopefully the 10182 and 10185 will arrive safely. I'm picking up the 10179 myself next week.