What Lego set did you buy today?

TRU Online: 

(2) Imperial Star Destroyers $96 ea.  (BOGO + $15 appeasement offer for screwing my online order up + Raise GC of 10.2% off) + 8% Reward pts back for using CC on balance. 

Pretty happy with that.  Shipped to DE (family) to save on sales tax as well since I live close to border in PA.

Plus I got to keep the 2 Homing Spider Droids they shipped me on the screw up which I will take into account when selling them onto another set.  Really wanted my 2 Duel on Geonosis sets though.  

Edited by DenJ91
  • Like 1

Just picked 2 x 76012 Batman the Riddler Chase for £22 each down from £30 in Tesco Lee Mill nr Plymouth UK.
 Not great price but do-able.

Brickfolio says worth £27.32 a profit of 24% or part out value elsewhere is quoted at over £35 so happy enough

Bought that Craigslist Town Hall I mentioned a week ago. Damaged box, but still all 4 seals. Paid $447 USD. And I'm pretty damn certain I'm going to crack those seals and build the sucker. 

Figured it might be good to be on the buyer's side for perspective right? It hurts the wallet, but was thoroughly satisfying at the same time.

• Like 3

Bought that Craigslist Town Hall I mentioned a week ago. Damaged box, but still all 4 seals. Paid $447 USD. And I'm pretty damn certain I'm going to crack those seals and build the sucker. 

Figured it might be good to be on the buyer's side for perspective right? It hurts the wallet, but was thoroughly satisfying at the same time.

​That's what I like to see. Buy them all and crack them all open! Lego is meant to build! :angel:

Classic Space time from eBay!

483 Alpha-1 Rocket Base

442 Space Shuttle

6872 Xenon X-Craft

Quality was good to so-so of the pieces. Some inevitable fading, some missing parts. But got a good deal and these are THE iconic old sets (442 was the first Lego "classic" Space set I believe). And the 6872 Xenon X-Craft, well, it's a swooshy little thing AND makes me think of Xenon 2:Megablast on the Amiga :bow:

• Like 1

Classic Space time from eBay!

483 Alpha-1 Rocket Base

442 Space Shuttle

6872 Xenon X-Craft

Quality was good to so-so of the pieces. Some inevitable fading, some missing parts. But got a good deal and these are THE iconic old sets (442 was the first Lego "classic" Space set I believe). And the 6872 Xenon X-Craft, well, it's a swooshy little thing AND makes me think of Xenon 2:Megablast on the Amiga :bow:

​That's awesome! Do you mind telling us how much you paid for those three sets?

Took the family to NYC for Mother's Day, and we swung by the Lego Store while we were there. There was an ignored pile of clearance items off to one side.

I was surprised to see (and grabbed) 2x 60064 Arctic Supply Planes for $13.48 each (reg $49.99). Also grabbed a bunch of "I Love NY" Lego Statue of Liberty magnets while I was there.

​Which Lego store you visit? i was at flatiron store and see nothing.

I had a good CL score today. $125 for all. The HP sets are mostly complete w/ instructions. The SW sets have no instructions, and are missing about 1/ 2 the minifigs. 

4840 - HP The Burrow

4842 - HP Hogwarts Castle

7676 - Republic Gunship 

7680 - The Twilight

8018 - AAT

7674 - V-19 Torrent 

8019 - Republic Attack Shuttle 

7877 - Naboo Starfighter 

8095 - Grevious Ship

7665 - Republic cruiser

• Like 1

Where did you pick them up?

​Smyths Toy Store. Said they were low on Pet Shop. Bought at €149.99 each, missing out on VIP points perhaps. Cantina's were €72.99. That was with the 20% off Star Wars but still dearer that rest of the world :-)

​Smyths Toy Store. Said they were low on Pet Shop. Bought at €149.99 each, missing out on VIP points perhaps. Cantina's were €72.99. That was with the 20% off Star Wars but still dearer that rest of the world :-)

​You want to watch out for Smyths, they're not that cheap. If they say 20% off, then that's off their price, not the MSRP. The Cantina's MSRP is €80, so 20% off would have been €64.00.

You should have bought them from Lego separately before the Star Wars offers ended yesterday if you wanted to buy them. You'd have got them for €72.00 each (10% off), gotten an Admiral Yularen polybag, worth about €20.00 and you'd have received €3.60 worth of VIP points.

• Like 1

​You want to watch out for Smyths, they're not that cheap. If they say 20% off, then that's off their price, not the MSRP. The Cantina's MSRP is €80, so 20% off would have been €64.00.

You should have bought them from Lego separately before the Star Wars offers ended yesterday if you wanted to buy them. You'd have got them for €72.00 each (10% off), gotten an Admiral Yularen polybag, worth about €20.00 and you'd have received €3.60 worth of VIP points.

​Thanks for the advice! I ordered a Red Five X Wing and Slave 1 from the Lego store on 4th May so getting 2 Admiral Yularens. Isn't he a minifigure? Well definitely sell for €20! Messed up re the Cantina!

I got a nice little deal yesterday for 75.00 CDN of used stuff.  Here's what I got:

6868 - Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout
6860 - The Batcave 
76005 - Daily Bugle Showdown 
60022 - Cargo Terminal
30168 - Iron Patriot gun mounting system (polybag) 
76000 - Arctic Batman vs. Mr. Freeze
6862 - Metropolis Showdown

With those, around 4-5 other smaller Superheroes sets, a small City set, and a small Ninjago set.

Not missing much from them - Spidey from the Bugle set and Aquaman from the Mr. Freeze set.  No boxes for any of it, but all manuals were included.

• Like 2