What Lego set did you buy today?

Bought a Tower Bridge on EBay last night, since I had some discounted gift cards and wanted to take advantage of the EBay bucks promo.

Has anyone purchased from Niko at New-Sealed?  He has crazy prices on some stuff, but decent prices on others.  His store disturbs me to the core, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

The last 5 Mars Rovers at $40 each in squashed boxes from my contact in Dallas.  My boss will bring them over next month.  Nothing dodgy, just a guy that's had enough and wants out.

Bought a Tower Bridge on EBay last night, since I had some discounted gift cards and wanted to take advantage of the EBay bucks promo.

Has anyone purchased from Niko at New-Sealed?  He has crazy prices on some stuff, but decent prices on others.  His store disturbs me to the core, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

My last 2 Arkham sets came from him. He drop ships from Amazon (at least in my case). Everything looked legit to me. Even included the Amazon gift receipt.

• Like 1

I would like to get a Lego 70404 Castle that everyone got here really cheap in the last year but it appears to be gone everywhere at the $85 price.

Does anyone know of a location to still get it at a reasonable price?

Well, Thinkgeek had them up until a week or so ago and you could have used the 25% off coupon.  Other than that, wait for a TRU coupon and stack Thursday and gift card discounts.

I think you need to keep a list of sets you want, buy those first, and then buy Tumblers and R2's. :P

• Like 1

Has anyone purchased from Niko at New-Sealed? He has crazy prices on some stuff, but decent prices on others. His store disturbs me to the core, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Funny - I also bought a TB last night on ebay - used, "close to complete". Pics look good so I'll see.

• Like 1

That makes absolute sense to me. In this way the battle against QFLL's and short-term resellers of current (in production) sets will be won. Cause they produce more of the popular sets and less of the non-popular sets. So people will find them easy in stores and online. For the long-term, there are chances. I think this game will change to us buying non-popular sets. Cause production will cease faster and it will be more scarce.

Just my theory answer on this.

If we start buying unpopular sets, wouldn't it make them popular enough to keep producing?

• Like 1

Some Benny's from Shopko, couldn't bring myself to buy the Friends Shopping Malls, just don't care about Friends stuff and my daughter doesn't need any gifts right now.  2 of the 4 in town had Minecraft Micro Worlds, hadn't ever seen those there before, were at full price but might grab some if a coupon comes along as I don't have any and the original is headed out the door.

Some Benny's from Shopko, couldn't bring myself to buy the Friends Shopping Malls, just don't care about Friends stuff and my daughter doesn't need any gifts right now.  2 of the 4 in town had Minecraft Micro Worlds, hadn't ever seen those there before, were at full price but might grab some if a coupon comes along as I don't have any and the original is headed out the door.

My shopko had 10% off all lego plus $10 off per $50 spent via email coupon.  Picked up another mall but they were out of benny.