What Lego set did you buy today?

any idea how long this sales will last?

I was told through Christmas.  She said it might actually end Christmas eve in the system.  

The super heroes deal is good too just didn't have much luck getting the same price points to work out on the Bogo 50 deal to maximize the discount, and some of those are a little over retail.

The 20% off coupon is good until the 24th and it is reusable (it says limit 1 time per store visit but I did 2 transactions at one store and the lady said it was fine to use it again).  

Also on your receipts you get a code for $15 off a $50 purchase online so you could get 30% off that way on some other stuff (not much selection though).  That starts 12/28 and ends 1/3 and the code is the same on all the receipts so assume multiple use is fine.

I will say this much more customer friendly there than B&****** and will try to make sure you've received every maximum discount you can.  

• Like 2

Hit some Meijer stores while visiting family today.

2 x Chima: Flying Phoenix Fire Temple - $60

2 x Lego Movie: Police Gunship - $54

3 x Chima: Rogon's Rock Flinger - $12

1 x Ninja Turtles: Turtle Lair Invasion - $60

1 x Ninja Turtles: Big Rig Snow Getaway - $42.50

148 x Series 3 Mixels - $2

still can't believe that Meijer mixel price.  $18 set buy in, can't go wrong there!

still can't believe that Meijer mixel price. $18 set buy in, can't go wrong there!

While I agree that Series 2 and 3 probably won't go as high as Series 1, with an $18 buy-in, I think you will see similar profits.

I think he best I ever got was $4 a set. Maybe slightly cheaper, but not much. And my buy-in was over $5 per after Series 1 was gone.

3x your buy-in will be very easily obtainable.

?You should have grabbed an at-at -if they had it- and built it

I do have an extra AT-AT to build and I hope to over Christmas break.  I just need to find a decent deal on some snowspeeders to go with it. :)

Now I'm reluctant to open any of my Battle of Hoth sets.

I actually didn't see any AT-ATs in any of the stores where I stopped.  I almost bought a City: Arctic Base Camp for $54 and the Smaug set for $82, but I hope to see these prices again someday.

I passed on 30+ Benny's and 30+ Lonely Mountains today at those prices.  Feel any better?

Lonely Mountains is for me and Benny's I think is gone...

For the price I grabbed some lonely mountain and threw them in the closest .

I hate you all.

At that price, I would be buying them to put away.  Other than ToO and Helm's Deep, I have no interest in any of the Hobbit/LotR sets.

I want Lonely Mountain because I want that dang dragon.  He's just too awesome.  I'm thinking Halloween Town, Vampyre Castle, dragon drapped over it.

• Like 3

Pretty much made the most of my drive back from Huntsville through B'ham by hitting about 5 BAM and 4 B&******

BAM

20 White House at $30

10 Farnsworth at $36

10 Empire State at $12

10 SOH at $24

1 Rockefeller at $24

1 MF at $120

30 Mixels 2 at $4.79

some random Ninjago sets at 50% off and then 20% off that

B&******

6 FW from 70-90

1 Rockefeller

1 Guggenheim

some minecrafts too

TRU

2 Cargo Terminals PM and Rewards got them down to $56 each

TRU Express found some mixels 2 and had them price match there $48 eradicator mechs down to the $20.  She goes dang we're expensive!

LEGO Birmingham got some RI and cleared out the last 5 of the $5 bats, Snowman and Reindeer

It was a busy ride home that might of taken a little longer than the normal ETA lol

Thanks raven! I went to my local BAM and got 2 Fallingwaters, 1 for $40 and 1 for $80. I haven't invested or even looked at the architecture sets but I'm hoping at that price they are safe bets?

• Like 1

Thanks raven! I went to my local BAM and got 2 Fallingwaters, 1 for $40 and 1 for $80. I haven't invested or even looked at the architecture sets but I'm hoping at that price they are safe bets?

That's a great find.  I didn't find any FW yesterday and was wondering whether they even carried that one.  No Imperial Hotel's either so I was thinking the $100+ sets maybe weren't carried.  I guess they had just been picked already.

You can't go wrong on that set at $60 avg buy in.  Sold one last week for $150.  The set should continue to do well.

I don't do a ton of investing in architecture as it usually is a slower process but at 40% off you can do well.  These are the main ones I do personally build though.  They make nice display pieces.

If you see Farnsworth I would pick those up as well.  A retired set that is pretty much only available at bookstore chains that sells well at $75.  At a $36 buy in it will make you some money.

That's a great find.  I didn't find any FW yesterday and was wondering whether they even carried that one.  No Imperial Hotel's either so I was thinking the $100+ sets maybe weren't carried.  I guess they had just been picked already.

You can't go wrong on that set at $60 avg buy in.  Sold one last week for $150.  The set should continue to do well.

I don't do a ton of investing in architecture as it usually is a slower process but at 40% off you can do well.  These are the main ones I do personally build though.  They make nice display pieces.

If you see Farnsworth I would pick those up as well.  A retired set that is pretty much only available at bookstore chains that sells well at $75.  At a $36 buy in it will make you some money.

Didn't see any Farnsworth but they did have about 8 Imperial Hotel's. Guess I should do some Architecture research and head back over there...

I found a lion chi temple out in the wild for $80. It was at a toysrus that I just went to yesterday and they didn't have it then.

Yesterday I bought the two galaxy Titans for 50% off that they had. Today they magically replenished and had 8 more titans, of course no longer on sale

Went and picked up my built once 1st Edition 10179 today. So stoked. I kind of misled my lady on what I was doing. There is no way to sneak this one by her. I'll have to upgrade her Christmas present I guess. On another non Lego note my three Mattel Batmobiles arrived today as I was away. They're bigger than I thought. Very nice! Now after the Falcon, it's time to get new place that's big enough to display EVERYTHING. muahahaha!!!!!!!! :secret:

• Like 6

Traded with some friends for a NISBs TH and complete with box 41999 Crawler.

Bought a 10189 Taj with box (same bags still sealed), used 76023 Tumbler with box, 2 Malibu Iron Man sets from Amazon ($22 or something), NISB 75054 AT-AT used Fallingwater with box, used Marina Bay Sands with box (put together from multiple purchases but 100% real), and a couple RIs. Traded away a 10181 ET after purchasing it.