What Lego set did you buy today?

Deals like these really make me wish there was even one Shopko in my state. I've been to a couple during my road trip phase of many years ago and they were nice. Still, I can't complain with what I have ever since I settled here.

Meh, I have one 5 min away and the selection and deals are complete garbage, their lego inventory is almost completely gone and they never even had them very discounted, they ran their BOGO 50% off like TRU with high markups on the remaining sets. I know some people on here are getting insane deals, but there are just as many getting insane deals at walmart, target and kmart that are also utterly non existent in our universe.

i hit up shopko again this morning to take advantage of the bogo sale as well as the extra 15% off for seniors (i dragged my father in there with me). they had some good clearance items as well as bogo items. i purchased the following... 2 museum break ins @ $40.79/each 2 heartlake vets @ $25.49/each 2 temple of lights @ $40.79/each 6 republic starfighters @ $16.99/each 6 speeda demon hero factories @ $8.49/each 3 saesee tinn starfighters @ $11.89/each total with tax was $424.84. retail value on these sets, including tax, is $971.65. that's what i'm talking about! again, if you have a shopko in your area you need to check them out, immediately! when they run a clearance sale, they mean it! couple that with the bogo and senior discount if you are able and you are making some major savings! i left about 15 saesee tiins on the shelf. i may go back later for them. that set doesn't excite me as much as the others do. they also had about 20 green lantern super hero sets for $3.74/each. no thanks. also some endor planet sets for $2.99. no thanks again. after fees, profit on those two is minimal for the amount of work / hassle needed to turn them.

Looks like some awesome deals to be had from other Shopkos. One closest to me is pretty much garbage. Did pick up a couple of Weathertops for 27.99 each and a Desert Skiff for 14.99. May go back and get 7067 for 19.99----daughter loves aliens.

weathertops were just marked down to $17.49 yesterday. i bought 20 up here in gb. bring your receipt in for a price adjustment. shopko has been keeping their clearance items in a separate aisle lately, so make sure you check more than just the toy aisle. it's good to see another wisconsinite on the site! welcome!

Hit up 2 of the 4 Shopkos in town over my lunch hour. First was a bust, nothing but a BOGO 50% at the first store with no clearance items. Second one I found a couple sets that I was ok buying at BOGO 50%, but then I turned the corner and found it, Jabba's Palace marked down to $22.49. When I got to the register, they wrongly used the palace as part of the BOGO and took it down to $17.58, though it's all semantics since then the Batman set was over retail, but oh well. My camera only wants to take gigantic pictures that are too big to post, but I wanted to show proof since legitimacy has been questioned on some of these deals. I will hit up the other 2 on my way home today, hopefully there are some deals but the one that I purchased from usually has the best inventory.

Hit up 2 of the 4 Shopkos in town over my lunch hour. First was a bust, nothing but a BOGO 50% at the first store with no clearance items. Second one I found a couple sets that I was ok buying at BOGO 50%, but then I turned the corner and found it, Jabba's Palace marked down to $22.49. When I got to the register, they wrongly used the palace as part of the BOGO and took it down to $17.58, though it's all semantics since then the Batman set was over retail, but oh well. My camera only wants to take gigantic pictures that are too big to post, but I wanted to show proof since legitimacy has been questioned on some of these deals. I will hit up the other 2 on my way home today, hopefully there are some deals but the one that I purchased from usually has the best inventory.

That is awesome man!! How does Shopko afford to do this? Some sets are so cheap there. Makes me jealous I don't have any Shopko's where I live.

Why would there be a brand-new Jabba's Palace set priced at $22.49?

Because it's Shopko, and they seem to price Lego dirt cheap! I've never actually been to a Shopko so I can't prove any of these prices. However, from what I've read on the forums they seem to have the cheapest Lego prices ever! Their website has good prices too, only down side is that the website is typically always out of stock of the highly desired sets.

As far as Shopko goes, they are generally a higher priced store, for whatever reason, so that there are areas they are able to do some price cutting and it doesn't hurt the overall bottom line. Kind of like Walmart, they are able to absorb some price cutting for the overall good of moving stuff off the shelves for new product. You have to be careful with Shopko because some of their Lego has TRU markups, but it seems that big Lego sets are at or below retail prices normally. Jabba's Palace for example was normally $89.99 at Shopko. I hit up the other 2 Shopkos and they had nothing but BOGO 50%, which is normally a decent deal, but again, a lot of the smaller sets are above retail, and it's hard to match up a couple larger sets because the inventory is sparse, so I passed.

Just a reminder today is Shopko's 15% senior citizen discount if you or someone with you is 55 and older. In addition they are having a BOGO 50% off sale on Legos. I love Shopko, it's too bad they don't have a better selection. You do have to be a little careful as a few sets are marked up in price, but a few prices are below MSRP so that is nice. I bought (prices include tax): Lego 3315 Friends Olivia's House 44.23 Lego 79103 Ninja Turtles Lair Attack 33.34 Lego 79002 LOTR Hobbit Attack of the Wargs 33.34 Lego 75005 Star Wars Rancor Pit 40.14 Lego 70115 Chima Ultimate Speedor Tourname 20.41 Lego 70003 Chima Eris Eagle Interceptor 22.45 Lego 76000 Super Heroes Artic Batman vs Mr F 14.97 Lego 3188 Friends Heartlake Vet 27.21 Lego 41008 Friends Heartlake City Pool 27.24 Lego 70115 Chima Ultimate Speedor Tour 20.43 Lego 60008 City Police Museum Break-in 43.58 Lego 70505 Ninjago Temple of Light 43.58 Lego 70004 Chima Wakz Pack Tracker 19.75 Lego 76005 Super Heroes Daily bugle Showd 33.48 Lego 6864 Super Heroes Batmobile and Two Fa 34.17 I went to three stores and only found one Temple of Light :-(

That is a super deal for that set.

"super" is an extreme understatement, especially for a set that just came out a few short months ago. i thought i hit it big with my 20 weathertops for $18/each. jabba's palace for that price is insane!!! somebody at shopko should lose their job over that! lol awesome find, huskers1236!

"super" is an extreme understatement, especially for a set that just came out a few short months ago. i thought i hit it big with my 20 weathertops for $18/each. jabba's palace for that price is insane!!! somebody at shopko should lose their job over that! lol awesome find, huskers1236!

Maybe magnificent is a better. (:

I would trade the $18 Weathertops everyday and twice on Sunday. Not if there was just one, mind you, but your ability to get 20 at that price is a much better deal, I think. I thought about opening the set and selling off the figures to keep the parts since I love the tan and dark tan, but after looking them up, they wouldn't make me enough so I think it will get put away. I already have an open one anyway, so no real pressure to open it.

My receipt for those who think that a $17.50 Jabba's Palace is not possible. Like I said, the actual markdown was to $22.49, so is the price I am claiming since it was not supposed to be used on the BOGO 50% since it was clearance.

That's FANTASTIC!!!!!