What Lego set did you buy today?

last night i bought (1) harry potter knight's bus and (2) battle for hogwarts at B&****** retail. :(

and i also bought a BATTLE OF HELMS DEEP for $61.99

Can I ask where you got helms deep so cheap? I'd like to get a few of these for pieces for my own creations but I don't want to pay full price.

Just dropped $45.01 for a 95% complete 10177 Boeing Dreamliner (missing some minor parts but most of the major stuff is there, little stuff is easy to replace) and 7893 Passenger Plane together...delivered. 7893 needs te cockpit canopy and 2 engines, but figured for that price on the Dreamliner...why not. Gonna be fun piecing it together in a day or two.

from the photos the only major thing I see missing is the white rim (engine front) for 1 of the 2 engines and the blue nose cone. The details plate is included and since there is really nothing else exclusive to that set other than the wheel (there was a technic set with that rim as well) it should be pretty cheap to brick pick the remaining parts needed. I bid $30.01 figuring I would never get it and that it would end up around $100 or so..... nice surprise on Monday morning to see that I won it. http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages/showimage.aspx?gid=1291958ℑ=649147710&images=649147710,649147725,649147738,649147752,649147766,649147783&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

Are you sitting down? Today I was fortunate enough to purchase 20, 9472 Attack on Weathertops for, get this...$18.45/each including tax! That's 71% off of retail! Shopko...extreme mega clearance! If you have Shopkos in your area, get out there and check them now! I may have to take the wife out for a steak dinner this weekend! Yippee!!

Are you sitting down? Today I was fortunate enough to purchase 20, 9472 Attack on Weathertops for, get this...$18.45/each including tax! That's 71% off of retail! Shopko...extreme mega clearance! If you have Shopkos in your area, get out there and check them now! I may have to take the wife out for a steak dinner this weekend! Yippee!!

I've been liking Shopko more and more. I have found some of the best deals there. It take me 45 minutes to get to the nearest one but I always come away with great finds that definitely offset the drive.

That's a "pics or it didn't happen" if there ever was one....

Pretty much no Shopkos in my area, dang...

I would be willing to vouch for terrymc4677 because I have seen some amazing clearance deals at Shopko. I mean 70% off certain Lego items. Plus I picked up 3 of these at Kmart over the weekend for $22 each. So it's not hard to imagine Shopko being even a little cheaper.

BTW at my Shopko these were $25 each. I bought 3 at that price.

I would be willing to vouch for terrymc4677 because I have seen some amazing clearance deals at Shopko. I mean 70% off certain Lego items. Plus I picked up 3 of these at Kmart over the weekend for $22 each. So it's not hard to imagine Shopko being even a little cheaper.

BTW at my Shopko these were $25 each. I bought 3 at that price.

I just tried attaching pics of my two receipts but i got an error message stating that pics can not exceed 2000x2000 pixels. whatever that means. i am not a tech geek. i sell cheetos for a living. i will try again later. anyway, it doesn't bother me if you don't believe me. i have nothing to gain by lying about a sweet deal. i'm going back tomorrow morning at 8am with my dad to take advantage of their senior citizen 15% discount on the first wednesday of every month. they also had some republic starfighters for $20, saesee tiin's for $14, speeda hero factory's for $10, and i'm also going to stack his discount with the current bogo sale on a few museum break ins and light temples (retail of $64...will be $40.80 after bogo and senior discounts). i'll be sure to buy him breakfast afterwards. i love shopko!

From my experience, this was an utterly impossible deal, I have never come across a remotely popular set for 20% off before, let alone something like this. However, I see no reason why this isn't possible, I have seen a number of receipts from people with deals just this amazing (I have no idea who runs their toy departments but I wish they were transferred to my area).

here are the receipts. i had to adjust the settings on my camera. 17 on one and 3 on the other. $17.49 x 5.5% sales tax equals $18.45/each. if you are near a shopko do not wait! get out there now! i debated on leaving these until tomorrow morning to get the extra 15% senior discount on top of this already insane sale price, but i didnt want to risk losing them.

here are the receipts. i had to adjust the settings on my camera. 17 on one and 3 on the other. $17.49 x 5.5% sales tax equals $18.45/each. if you are near a shopko do not wait! get out there now! i debated on leaving these until tomorrow morning to get the extra 15% senior discount on top of this already insane sale price, but i didnt want to risk losing them.

nice one!

Hey, to be clear, pics or it didn't happen is an internet joke of sorts, I knew you weren't lying. Just jealous is all. :-) Sorry if I implied otherwise. I don't understand the economics for a store in discounting something that much, but then again, Shopko ain't exactly on the rise these days in the retail field. The funniest part to me is that you got them all in one place!

Nice!!!! I'm super envious of you right now!

Deals like these really make me wish there was even one Shopko in my state. I've been to a couple during my road trip phase of many years ago and they were nice. Still, I can't complain with what I have ever since I settled here.

Hey, to be clear, pics or it didn't happen is an internet joke of sorts, I knew you weren't lying. Just jealous is all. :-) Sorry if I implied otherwise.

I don't understand the economics for a store in discounting something that much, but then again, Shopko ain't exactly on the rise these days in the retail field.

The funniest part to me is that you got them all in one place!

i didn't take it that way, sarm34. no harm here. i posted the receipt pics so everyone knows for sure that this is legit, so if they have a shopko near them they can hopefully take advantage. this is a friendly community and a great group, so i wouldn't want to waste anyone else's time by posting a bogus deal. hopefully nobody would waste mine in the same manner. i have lived in green bay, wi for 30 years, and shopko has always been around. i am not sure what their financial standing is as of now, but i do know they are expanding into a lot of smaller towns in my area (i have 9 shopkos within a 45 mile radius of my home), so they can't be doing too bad. how they can take discounts this deep is beyond me, but i am not complaining.