What Lego set did you buy today?

Just bought my first Lego after a 20 year hiatus.  Volkswagen T1 Camper Van 10220.  Gonna build it with the wife so I can convince her that A) Lego's are indeed awesome B) I get the green light to begin getting back into them as a hobby C) It's worth throwing some investment cash at a few sets

....long term D) I need to go audit my old Pirate, Castle, and Space sets from the 80's/90's and decide what I want to do with them.  They are all still in the orginal boxes, with instructions, etc. 

• Like 2

....long term D) I need to go audit my old Pirate, Castle, and Space sets from the 80's/90's and decide what I want to do with them.  They are all still in the orginal boxes, with instructions, etc. 

You will want to keep them. They are yours, connected to your memories, aren't they?

Bought the 75059 sand crawler at my lego store and got 600 VIP points +1000 VIP points!!!!! And the holiday promo! Manager told me if I wanted to buy it they would give me 1000 VIP point bonus if I bought it because of the big scratch on the front of the box! Couldn't resist 80$ in points and promo for a 7 inch scratch

• Like 1

Bought the 75059 sand crawler at my lego store and got 600 VIP points +1000 VIP points!!!!! And the holiday promo! Manager told me if I wanted to buy it they would give me 1000 VIP point bonus if I bought it because of the big scratch on the front of the box! Couldn't resist 80$ in points and promo for a 7 inch scratch

Now the question is, are you going to build it?

Now the question is, are you going to build it?

Yea I will! I think maybe in a week do it for my birthday. I rarely get to build a 300$+ lego set because I always feel bad about opening up the box. I prefer to always collect everything sealed but since I saved so much on this one it's perfect and my gf will buy me the same one for my bday and I can keep that sealed

• Like 1

Yea I will! I think maybe in a week do it for my birthday. I rarely get to build a 300$+ lego set because I always feel bad about opening up the box. I prefer to always collect everything sealed but since I saved so much on this one it's perfect and my gf will buy me the same one for my bday and I can keep that sealed

Strategery! Brilliant.

That's awesome. Enjoy building the Sandcrawler and happy birthday!

Not me, but a friend that's just starting to get into "smart" Lego buying...

He's on business in Santa Barbara.  Found a CL ad for around 45 lbs of Lego for $185.  He offered $100.  They bit on it.

It's the first day of the next four weeks he's there.  He said he got some funny looks bringing two totes of Lego into his hotel room.

• Like 1