What Lego set did you buy today?

How do you people do this, I feel like I am outside the US or something, I went to 5 stores today and not a SINGLE set was marked down.

I never see deals like the some of the ones people say they find......ever.

We may need a "pics or it didn't happen" version of this thread soon, I agree. :-)

We may need a "pics or it didn't happen" version of this thread soon, I agree. :-)

That's what Stephen ALWAYS says, and I agree.

While I am glad that anyone can find deals like those, it just puts me off that I never have come across such a deal in my life. So far the best thing I've found was ONE "Seaside House" for $35 in January of this year. An okay deal and only the one sitting by itself in the wrong aisle. Man, I would kill for anything to go anywhere near half off at Wal-Mart or Target. Or even Kmart if I had too!

Again, not being angry at people that find amazing deals, just ticked about how people like me that REALLY could use the discounts seem to have a snowballs chance of finding so much as one if even that.

How do you people do this, I feel like I am outside the US or something, I went to 5 stores today and not a SINGLE set was marked down.

I never see deals like the some of the ones people say they find......ever.

I provided pics of mine. They are on the last page. Unless you want pics of the receipts. If so I can scan and post those too if you really want :)

While I am glad that anyone can find deals like those, it just puts me off that I never have come across such a deal in my life. So far the best thing I've found was ONE "Seaside House" for $35 in January of this year. An okay deal and only the one sitting by itself in the wrong aisle. Man, I would kill for anything to go anywhere near half off at Wal-Mart or Target. Or even Kmart if I had too!

Again, not being angry at people that find amazing deals, just ticked about how people like me that REALLY could use the discounts seem to have a snowballs chance of finding so much as one if even that.

I COMPLETELY agree with you, people on here even put receipts up of some of these insane deals, and I just don't get how they find them. I have probably been to 7 lego stores, 15 walmarts, 3 targets, 5 kmarts, 3 toysRus's and 2 shopkos while they were having their sales and I don't think I have come across a deal that isn't easily beat on Amazon or another online retailer here. I saw one old lego Cars set that was 35% off at Target over Christmas and a City set that is 30% off at ToysRus but the boxes on them are in very poor condition and they aren't desirable sets for me personally or as an investment.

I COMPLETELY agree with you, people on here even put receipts up of some of these insane deals, and I just don't get how they find them. I have probably been to 7 lego stores, 15 walmarts, 3 targets, 5 kmarts, 3 toysRus's and 2 shopkos while they were having their sales and I don't think I have come across a deal that isn't easily beat on Amazon or another online retailer here. I saw one old lego Cars set that was 35% off at Target over Christmas and a City set that is 30% off at ToysRus but the boxes on them are in very poor condition and they aren't desirable sets for me personally or as an investment.

i know at walmarts you have to actually find their clearance aisles... sometimes they are next to the toys section and sometimes they lump toys into their main clearance section...in a whole different part of the store.

i've yet to find lego at walmart but i did find 60.00 mega bloks WOW sets for only 5.00 each!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY i grabbed them all 6 sets total.

will they ever sell for close to their initial selling price? probably not but hey i got them brand new and in great box condition for only 5.00

hope this helps.

i found 3 sith infiltrators yesterday on a table at kmart with an additional 50% mark down.

i called all my neighboring kmarts and no one else had a sale like this :(

luck of the draw?

hope this helps.

It all comes down to being in the right place at the right time for a lot of these deals. If a store is having a sale you need to go there soon. I found going just a day or 2 after the sale starts is pointless because all of the good stuff is gone.

The other thing is being creative. Stack any coupons and other discounts you can. For example shopko right now has BOGO 50% off. If you go to their store they have an OK selection. Some sets are even below retail by a few dollars. Plus they just sent all mailing list subscribers a coupon for $10 off $50 or more. So if you do a BOGO 50% off and then stack the $10 off coupon on top of that you are looking at a fairly good discount. The coupon is supposed to be 1 per customer per visit. However you can print out as many as you want. The first shopko I went to let me use 3. The one I visited today only let me use one. But I could have just checked out and then went back to another register and used it again.

The other thing you have to remember is that some people just have more time on their hands to search for these deals. If you take in to consideration the time I spend looking for deals both online and in store plus the gas I use to drive from store to store I bet I'm not saving any more money than you are just occasionally finding a good deal online.

It all comes down to being in the right place at the right time for a lot of these deals. If a store is having a sale you need to go there soon. I found going just a day or 2 after the sale starts is pointless because all of the good stuff is gone.

The other thing is being creative. Stack any coupons and other discounts you can. For example shopko right now has BOGO 50% off. If you go to their store they have an OK selection. Some sets are even below retail by a few dollars. Plus they just sent all mailing list subscribers a coupon for $10 off $50 or more. So if you do a BOGO 50% off and then stack the $10 off coupon on top of that you are looking at a fairly good discount. The coupon is supposed to be 1 per customer per visit. However you can print out as many as you want. The first shopko I went to let me use 3. The one I visited today only let me use one. But I could have just checked out and then went back to another register and used it again.

The other thing you have to remember is that some people just have more time on their hands to search for these deals. If you take in to consideration the time I spend looking for deals both online and in store plus the gas I use to drive from store to store I bet I'm not saving any more money than you are just occasionally finding a good deal online.

the thing that blows my mind though again not saying they are liars but the same people are the ones that are always in the right place at the right time.......never happens to me! Lol

Picked up two ninjago ice dragons for $47 a piece from a guy whose had them in his garage Also picked up a Harry potter quiditch for $15 from him too Then went over to Tru to try and get nine price matched plus $20 off in store sale, plus use a $15 off coupon that came in the mail. They wouldn't price match and give me the $20 off, but I found two friends summer riding camps and paid $85 a piece for them. Last I picked up two TMNT Baxter robot sets...one to keep unopened and one to open to get my last two turtles, ill then sell off the bricks and other mini figs...I just had to get the turtles! I loved the comics when I was a kid, I remember coloring the masks in in my first comic as it was black and white.

I went on a binge last night, d#$% you amazon! I got: LEGO Creator Grand Emporium 10211 - $149.97 LEGO Creator Pet Shop 10218 - $148.99 LEGO Monster Fighters Haunted House 10229 - $179.97 LEGO Police Station 7498 - $68.99 LEGO Creator Volkswagen T1 Camper Van 10220 - $114.42 I know it was all essentially MSRP, but I had $500 in amazon gift cards from exchanging airline miles. Coupled with my amazon credit car points I got all this for $135 out of pocket... I tricked my wife into building Jabba's Palace last weekend and she had a blast, so she said she wanted to build 10211 with me. Which Makes me happy, happy, happy! :)

I picked up a Jabba's Palace for 60$ and a Vampire Hearse for 20$. I will probably build both of these. I love the Star Wars sets, and I've found that the minifigures have good resale value in the future if I ever do want to sell them. Also, I love the Zombie Driver from the Monster Fighter set.