What Lego set did you buy today?

My job is pretty time consuming so I find myself not having the time that some people have to search for discounts and deals, that coupled with the fact that I demand my boxes in pristine condition leads me to pay retail probably more than any other person on this site. I don't rely on money made from this so any profit is OK with me.

My job is either completely manic or dead. It's going through a dead phase at the mo which is why I post most often during the UK working day :). To busy in the evening split out Lego lots. Built 6392 last night. So far all my purchases from amazon have come in pristine boxes just the same as LEGO Shop at Home. But I have bought larger sets, I wonder if their smaller ones will not be as well protected.

Picked up the following Saturday night: 3x Friends City Park Cafe 3061 @ 13.00 2x Andrea's Bunny House 3938 @ 3.50 2x Sith Nightspeeder 7957 @ 9.50 2x TIE Fighter 9492 @ 24.50 1x Prisoner Transport @ 17.97 2x Mining Truck 4202 @ 15.50 3x Spitta 9569 @4.50 2x Voltix 6283 @ 5.00 Pretty good find as far as price and the variety that I was able to pick up (in my opinion).

hmmm.......I have 4 Shopkos here, but they are always different in what they carry and what they have on sale. I may have to cut out early and check them out though since I've been at work since 4am.

i started buying to invest four years ago, and shopko was always the last place i would look because their prices were close to toys-r-us type markups, but i must say, they are slowly becoming one of my favorite locations to stockpile from. when they run a clearance sale, they mean it, and they price things to move. also, i have noticed that they are starting to wise up on their prices for new sets as well. a few examples...they have the museum break in for $64. walmart is $70. olivias house they have at $60. everywhere else is $75. the new tmnt sets are lower than everywhere else i have seen as well. these are their everyday prices, not sales. i am lucky to have 4 shopkos in green bay, and 4 more within a 30 mile radius. my days off are now spent doing laps around the green bay area...lol.

i started buying to invest four years ago, and shopko was always the last place i would look because their prices were close to toys-r-us type markups, but i must say, they are slowly becoming one of my favorite locations to stockpile from. when they run a clearance sale, they mean it, and they price things to move. also, i have noticed that they are starting to wise up on their prices for new sets as well. a few examples...they have the museum break in for $64. walmart is $70. olivias house they have at $60. everywhere else is $75. the new tmnt sets are lower than everywhere else i have seen as well. these are their everyday prices, not sales. i am lucky to have 4 shopkos in green bay, and 4 more within a 30 mile radius. my days off are now spent doing laps around the green bay area...lol.

are shopko's like department stores?

clothing, etc.

i noticed that they have a website.

but they have the same weathertops for 55.99 :( waaaaah

are shopko's like department stores?

clothing, etc.

i noticed that they have a website.

but they have the same weathertops for 55.99 :( waaaaah

shopko is similar to a target or walmart. it is a chain in the upper midwest. wisconsin, minnesota, michigan, and nebraska that i know of. probably a few other states as well.