What Lego set did you buy today?

While yard saling on Saturday I picked up a Star Wars Set #8039 Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser. I was just looking at the box, slightly mangled, and the guy said "you want that lego set? 5 bucks". I was looking at the set for maybe two seconds thinking thats a killer deal for 1100+ pieces and then the guy says "is that too much? 3 bucks." I looked at my yard saling wingman, the one who carries the cash, and said pay the man. All the minifigs were missing and the directions were also slightly mangled but all the pieces were there and shiny as can be. Some of the stickers werent even applied yet.

• Like 5

Hit the motherlode on Friday and just now getting around to talking about it. My weekly flyer for Real Canadian Superstore (a grocery chain that also has a toy section where I get my best discounts) showed select Star Wars and other sets are 20% off this week. On top of that, they were doing a no tax event so those sets would be 33% off (20% discount plus 13% HST). As I'm driving to the store I get my weekly PC points email which has personalized offers of bonus points (which you can redeem for discounts) based on my past shopping history (ie $2 off of milk, etc.). For the first time ever, I get a toy related offer (most of them are food related). On top of the 20% discount and the 13% no tax, I get $8 in points for every $40 I spend on toys.That's another 20%!!! So I get to the store and pick up a couple of random Star Wars sets worth $80 and figure I'll come out just under $40 total. By chance I see a skid of boxes and lego sets down the aisle waiting to be unloaded and walk over. And there they were - 7 Wolverine Chopper 6866 sets in pristine condition! I haven't seen this set on a retail shelf anywhere since February. I sold 4 of them recently for between $50 and $75 each. I do the quick mental math as a formality only because there's no question I'm taking them all. I get to the cash and it gets even better. Retail price being $25, they're on CLEARANCE for $11 each!!!! Plus all the above discounts!!! 7 of these gold mines at about $6 each will make me close to a 1000% instant profit at current levels. Best. Score. Ever. (For Me.)

I've legitimately had dreams about this type of scenario.  Congratulations!!  

I'm right there with ya Terry, but I'm pushing the boundary of my comfort zone with this one.  I may not stretch it any further, unless I find more for $10, of course.

If I can get it in the $10-12 range again I might increase my horde sizably. I've been waiting for it to happen again. I am sitting on right about 100 of these right now.

One of us needs to find the 6862 thread and bump it so we can talk about the set some more. Does anyone remember what forum it was in?

If I can get it in the $10-12 range again I might increase my horde sizably. I've been waiting for it to happen again. I am sitting on right about 100 of these right now.

One of us needs to find the 6862 thread and bump it so we can talk about the set some more. Does anyone remember what forum it was in?

It was in the "Investing Forum" and this is the most popular thread for 6862.

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/7393-why-im-buying-6862-superman-vs-power-armor-lex/?hl=armor

• Like 1

While yard saling on Saturday I picked up a Star Wars Set #8039 Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser. I was just looking at the box, slightly mangled, and the guy said "you want that lego set? 5 bucks". I was looking at the set for maybe two seconds thinking thats a killer deal for 1100+ pieces and then the guy says "is that too much? 3 bucks." I looked at my yard saling wingman, the one who carries the cash, and said pay the man. All the minifigs were missing and the directions were also slightly mangled but all the pieces were there and shiny as can be. Some of the stickers werent even applied yet.

WOW. Just incredible. Great score!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

I'm right there with ya Terry, but I'm pushing the boundary of my comfort zone with this one. I may not stretch it any further, unless I find more for $10, of course.

I'm not too worried about taking a bath in this set. All of mine were bought at $15 or less, with some as low as $9 thanks to walmart clearance. It will be just fine when it ever decides to take a dirt nap.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

It's being talked about in the Daily Deals thread. 

Target - Buy Lego Movie, Get additional $10 off select Lego Movie Sets ($15 after discounts) - Lego Movie 3DS ($10 after discount)

Target AD Bundled Discounts [target.com] if purchasing Movie + Select Lego Movie Sets listed below:

BUNDLED PRICE WITH PURCHASE OF LEGO MOVIE:

Lego Sets [Regular Price $30]
$15 - Lego Movie Bad Cops Pursuit (70802) [target.com]
$15 - Lego Trash Chomper (70805) [target.com]
$15 - Lego Ice Cream Machine (70805) [target.com]

Video Games:
$30 - Lego Movie Game for 360/PS3/WiiU
$10 - Lego Movie Game for 3DS [target.com] [$30 retail]

Other Notes:
- All other Lego Movie Sets only have a 5% discount and are NOT eligible for additional $10 off
- Target Lego Movie Prices DVD - 14.99/ BD - 22.99/ 3D - 35.99
- Walmart and Best Buy have best prices on BD/3D ($17.99/34.99). Bundle PM is YMMV

I think some Targets are honoring this for any Lego set.

Hit the motherlode on Friday and just now getting around to talking about it. My weekly flyer for Real Canadian Superstore (a grocery chain that also has a toy section where I get my best discounts) showed select Star Wars and other sets are 20% off this week. On top of that, they were doing a no tax event so those sets would be 33% off (20% discount plus 13% HST). As I'm driving to the store I get my weekly PC points email which has personalized offers of bonus points (which you can redeem for discounts) based on my past shopping history (ie $2 off of milk, etc.). For the first time ever, I get a toy related offer (most of them are food related). On top of the 20% discount and the 13% no tax, I get $8 in points for every $40 I spend on toys.That's another 20%!!! So I get to the store and pick up a couple of random Star Wars sets worth $80 and figure I'll come out just under $40 total. By chance I see a skid of boxes and lego sets down the aisle waiting to be unloaded and walk over. And there they were - 7 Wolverine Chopper 6866 sets in pristine condition! I haven't seen this set on a retail shelf anywhere since February. I sold 4 of them recently for between $50 and $75 each. I do the quick mental math as a formality only because there's no question I'm taking them all. I get to the cash and it gets even better. Retail price being $25, they're on CLEARANCE for $11 each!!!! Plus all the above discounts!!! 7 of these gold mines at about $6 each will make me close to a 1000% instant profit at current levels. Best. Score. Ever. (For Me.)

Congrats on your deal

It's being talked about in the Daily Deals thread. 

Target - Buy Lego Movie, Get additional $10 off select Lego Movie Sets ($15 after discounts) - Lego Movie 3DS ($10 after discount)

Target AD Bundled Discounts [target.com] if purchasing Movie + Select Lego Movie Sets listed below:

BUNDLED PRICE WITH PURCHASE OF LEGO MOVIE:

Lego Sets [Regular Price $30]

$15 - Lego Movie Bad Cops Pursuit (70802) [target.com]

$15 - Lego Trash Chomper (70805) [target.com]

$15 - Lego Ice Cream Machine (70805) [target.com]

Video Games:

$30 - Lego Movie Game for 360/PS3/WiiU

$10 - Lego Movie Game for 3DS [target.com] [$30 retail]

Other Notes:

- All other Lego Movie Sets only have a 5% discount and are NOT eligible for additional $10 off

- Target Lego Movie Prices DVD - 14.99/ BD - 22.99/ 3D - 35.99

- Walmart and Best Buy have best prices on BD/3D ($17.99/34.99). Bundle PM is YMMV

I think some Targets are honoring this for any Lego set.

Yeah I thought it was any Lego set and when they rang everything up it didn't discount the doc ock set so I said something and they honored it

Okay, so technically I didn't buy this today.  I bought it about a month ago, but I had it shipped to friends of mine in Buffalo and only just got my hands on it last night.  It's a bulk lot of about 10 lbs of LEGO (or rather, 7 lbs of LEGO and 3 lbs of junk) that I got for $43 from shopgoodwill.com.  I don't usually go in for bulk lots, but I recognized a bunch of parts for 7785 Arkham Asylum and 7625 River Chase so I took a chance on it. 

I just finished sorting it and I'm only missing 19 pieces for 7785 and all the minifigs are there, even Nightwing.  Batman is missing his cape, but that isn't a big deal.  7625 is only missing Indy's whip and the crocodile, and I also ended up with a fully complete 3830 Bikini Bottom Express.  There's some Atlantis, Rock Raiders and Res-Q stuff as well, but nothing worth wasting any time on.  Weirdly, I also found the dark green door frame that only appears in 4762 Rescue From The Merpeople, but didn't find anything else at all from that set.  The wall by itself is on Bricklink for $20-30 though, so that's something (one seller has it listed for $100, but I'm going to disregard that).   All in all I'd say it was a pretty good gamble

• Like 1