What Lego set did you buy today?

Sat down last night to make my plan for June-September.  My first quarter of investments I purchased 1-3 of most of these sets (and scored a few SSDs) and invested heavily in HHs.  I intend to round things out a bit more this quarter so my risk is diversified away from any one set.  I focus on large exclusives.  Here's my list:

DS - 7

TB - 6

TH - 6

TO - 6

MSC - 4

R5XW - 5

R2D2 - 5

PS - 6

HH - 4

GE - 4

AA - 2

Misc Lego purchases - $1,600 (if I find more SSD at retail, Ecto-1, Women of Science, maybe a couple MF if they go on sale again, etc...)

Tax ~10%

Total Budget for Q3 - $15,000

Bought a GE and T1 camper yesterday.  Realized I have enough T1's and a need to take-aim instead of shooting from the hip, thus this list was born. 

Here is a list of a private collection that is up for sale.

Suggestions on What I SHOULD pay for it? 

Time is of the essence, So any recommendations would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Guess this is like of the "LEGO PRICE is RIGHT" Game...lol

Set #   -  Name         -  Retail price

• 10228 - Haunted house                                         $179.99
  •   4208 - City Garage                                               $119.99
  • 75023 - 2013 Star Wars Advent Calendar              $49.99
  • 60021 - City Cargo Heliplane                                   $44.99 
  • 6864 - Batman Two Face Chase (damaged box)   $49.99
  • 10020 - Volkswagon Camper                                 $119.99
  • 60008 - City Museum Break-In                                 $69.99 
  •   7938 - Limited Edition City Passenger Train       $129.99 (goes with station below) 
  •   7937 - Limited Edition City Train Station                $49.99
  • 60046 - Helicopter Surveillance                               $74.99
  • 60026 - City Town Square                                      $119.99
  • 60007 - City High Speed Chase                              $29.99
  • 60048 - (Qty x2) City Police Dog Unit               2@ $29.99 ($60.00)
  • 60010 - City Fire Helicopter                                      $34.99
  • 10235 - Creator Winter Village Market                     $99.99
  • 60008 - City Helicopter Arrest                                  $49.99 
  •   4209 - City Fire Plane                                             $45.00 (actually $59.99 his error) 
  •   6860 - Super Heroes Batcave                               $69.99 
  •   3221 - City Lego Truck                                           $69.99
  • 21006 - Architecture White House                          $49.99
  • 21103 - Back to the Future Delorean                      $34.99
  • 60015 - City Coast Guard Plane                              $44.99
  • 76022 - Marvel X-Men vs. the Sentinel                    $49.99
  • _______24 SETS TOTAL Retail $1650+/-

I`d toss in a bid of $900. That`s probably tops as well IMHO, considering much of it is City and thus is unlikely to make significant gains compared to other things. If you are a flipper, you could probably go a bit higher (say $1000). $900 would be my limit for something like this for resale. Now I didn`t look at the current value of all those sets, only the MSRP and what the sets actually are. It doesn`t matter though, any higher than $900 would be where I`d back out. 

I`d toss in a bid of $900. That`s probably tops as well IMHO, considering much of it is City and thus is unlikely to make significant gains compared to other things. If you are a flipper, you could probably go a bit higher (say $1000). $900 would be my limit for something like this for resale. Now I didn`t look at the current value of all those sets, only the MSRP and what the sets actually are. It doesn`t matter though, any higher than $900 would be where I`d back out. 

That is what I was thinking.  I am right at $1k.  I don't really do City, but I have to take it to get everything else.. Thanks

Also, I'm not a flipper per se.  I guess I just buy stuff and hold on to it..  A hoarder I guess.  Just started about 1 year ago..

That is what I was thinking.  I am right at $1k.  I don't really do City, but I have to take it to get everything else.. Thanks

Also, I'm not a flipper per se.  I guess I just buy stuff and hold on to it..  A hoarder I guess.  Just started about 1 year ago..

Haha, sounds like me. I`ve got quite a pile of stuff over the years, most Lego, some other collectible. In the middle of an inventory now and hoping to update my Brickfolio, it`s really out of date. But yes, absolutely a bit of a hoarder. Best of luck on the buy, even at $1000 it is a good buy, just not more if possible. 

Haha, sounds like me. I`ve got quite a pile of stuff over the years, most Lego, some other collectible. In the middle of an inventory now and hoping to update my Brickfolio, it`s really out of date. But yes, absolutely a bit of a hoarder. Best of luck on the buy, even at $1000 it is a good buy, just not more if possible.

We have pretty much agreed on $1K.  I was just wondering if I should go lower. 

But at the risk of loosing the deal, I think I'll just pay the $1K. 

Just needed some comforting words I guess, before my wife kills me..

• Like 2

We have pretty much agreed on $1K. I was just wondering if I should go lower.

But at the risk of loosing the deal, I think I'll just pay the $1K.

Just needed some comforting words I guess, before my wife kills me..

just show her this thread. ensure her you are getting a great deal and when you decide to sell them, whenever that happens, you'll be making mad money!

I found a 9516 Jabba's Palace at a Wal-mart in Springfield Ohio for $49.97.

The box is pretty beat up but still sealed.   I was stoked.

Also got six mirkwood spiders out of the Wal-mart in Findley Ohio at $15 piece. 

A corporate Alliance Tank for $13

four Wizard's battles for $10 each - not great but starting to disappear. 

Hit the motherlode on Friday and just now getting around to talking about it. My weekly flyer for Real Canadian Superstore (a grocery chain that also has a toy section where I get my best discounts) showed select Star Wars and other sets are 20% off this week. On top of that, they were doing a no tax event so those sets would be 33% off (20% discount plus 13% HST). As I'm driving to the store I get my weekly PC points email which has personalized offers of bonus points (which you can redeem for discounts) based on my past shopping history (ie $2 off of milk, etc.). For the first time ever, I get a toy related offer (most of them are food related). On top of the 20% discount and the 13% no tax, I get $8 in points for every $40 I spend on toys.That's another 20%!!! So I get to the store and pick up a couple of random Star Wars sets worth $80 and figure I'll come out just under $40 total. By chance I see a skid of boxes and lego sets down the aisle waiting to be unloaded and walk over. And there they were - 7 Wolverine Chopper 6866 sets in pristine condition! I haven't seen this set on a retail shelf anywhere since February. I sold 4 of them recently for between $50 and $75 each. I do the quick mental math as a formality only because there's no question I'm taking them all. I get to the cash and it gets even better. Retail price being $25, they're on CLEARANCE for $11 each!!!! Plus all the above discounts!!! 7 of these gold mines at about $6 each will make me close to a 1000% instant profit at current levels. Best. Score. Ever. (For Me.)

• Like 6

Wow!  That is an amazing score jeff_14.  That's some serious turbo flipping you can do for really good returns.  I always wonder if there aren't more small chains out there that have older LEGO cases buried in their warehouse.  

For sure that happens. I should have asked the floor guy if there were anymore somewhere.

Last week I was at our local TRU and out of nowhere they had 4 Helms Deep sets in perfect condition. I haven't seen that set anywhere for months either. Didn't get more though because it's still at retail for $180.