What Lego set did you buy today?

Got 108 Mystery Series 7 from Kmart.  On clearance for $1.40 ea.

I was surprised to see them all hanging there on the side of an end cap. 

They were not signed, so I scanned one.  Couldn't pass up $1.40 ea.  Got them all.

Anyone in need of any, PM me.

• Like 1

Just picked up at TRU:

27 - Comanche Camp -        $10.98

1 - Bently Bust out -             $19.99   not signed.  rang up.

13 - Friends Summer Picnic - $2.48  not signed.  rang up.

12 - Lego Witch -                   $2.40   not signed.  rang up.

Plus the 10% OFF CC Thursday Promo.  Gotta price check... 

Guess my TRU is not good at doing markdowns..  That's a great thing...lol

• Like 1

Guess my TRU is not good at doing markdowns.. That's a great thing...lol

Yes. It is. I went to two TRU stores today. One had all clearance items labeled and they were all gone except the duplo vet. The other has had the same monster fighters stuff sitting on the shelf for a couple of months but didn't label it and it was ready for the picking today. They did have their lr train marked and it was already gone yesterday.

Hit up both of my TRU and came away with 4 space centers and 5 Comanche camps. Got the space centers down to $42.51 after tax (42% off) with the Thursday 10% credit card promo and the Comanche camps down to $8.85 each after tax (58% off) after the 10% credit promo and $10 worth of rewards coupons. I was hoping to stumble upon some Jabbas palace or helms deep, but I knew that was wishful thinking since both of my stores have been sold out of those for months. The two sets I got were the only clearance items either store had.

• Like 1

Picked up a Space Center and 6-case storage station at TRU.  The Space Center is for my personal collection.  They had three others on the shelf but I left them because I'm strapped for cash after I...

Also rolled the dice on 2 GEs from Walmart.  Hopefully they don't send me the two dismantled boxes I returned a few weeks ago.

Picked up a Space Center and 6-case storage station at TRU.  The Space Center is for my personal collection.  They had three others on the shelf but I left them because I'm strapped for cash after I...

Also rolled the dice on 2 GEs from Walmart.  Hopefully they don't send me the two dismantled boxes I returned a few weeks ago.

Curious as to why you ordered again from Walmart if they sent you damage ones recently? Why not just order the GEs from S@H?

Curious as to why you ordered again from Walmart if they sent you damage ones recently? Why not just order the GEs from LEGO Shop at Home?

I'm at the "safe" limit from Shop at Home (less than 5 but more than 1).

I'm tempted to pick one up to get a balloon cart, VIP points, and almost guarantee a minty fresh box.  I'm not sure its worth the risk approaching the limit, especially since my Shop at Home GE orders were placed within the past 30-45 days.

(edited for spelling)

TRU Clearance plus 15% for new credit card:

2 technic helicopter 84.98 each

Technic crawler 136.83

2 city garage 84.98 each

Vampyre castle 46.73

Lone ranger train 57.36

2 space Centre 38.23 each

Y-wing 25.48

4 Lone ranger Comanche camp 9.33 each

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm at the "safe" limit from Shop at Home (less than 5 but more than 1).

I'm tempted to pick one up to get a balloon cart, VIP points, and almost guarantee a minty fresh box.  I'm not sure its worth the risk approaching the limit, especially since my Shop at Home GE orders were placed within the past 30-45 days.

(edited for spelling)

your instincts are correct. don't order from LEGO Shop at Home.  you're right on the line based on my recent interactions with them.. i made it through, but i had to dance.  3 GE and 3 HH (on top of a lot of 1's and 2's of other exclusives) within 30 days raised suspicions. 

Stopped by a not to far out of the way Wal-Mart on my drive to/from work about 2 months ago and the shelf sticker for 76017 read $10.00. Of course no sets were ever there, but decided to stop in today and there they sat. Double checked the price using a scanner, read $10.00, grabbed the other 2 on the shelf and headed to the register. Must be a pricing error, but we accept those types of mistakes...don't we?

Stopped by a not to far out of the way Wal-Mart on my drive to/from work about 2 months ago and the shelf sticker for 76017 read $10.00. Of course no sets were ever there, but decided to stop in today and there they sat. Double checked the price using a scanner, read $10.00, grabbed the other 2 on the shelf and headed to the register. Must be a pricing error, but we accept those types of mistakes...don't we?

Pricing error or not, it is their system. Plenty of members have scanned random items on occasion and found them to be on sale when the price tag says otherwise. If I find something in the clearance aisle with a discount sticker slapped on there, I will insist on them matching the price if the register doesn't ring up correctly. I mean it is their official red tag price on there after all. There is a limit of how far the system will allow the checkout person to match the tag though but still it is the store sale sticker on there.

The space center is currently selling for over $90 on amazon and you left the $45 clearance on the shelf?

Bought 2 Fallingwaters today.

1 from lego with $10 off for VIP points

1 New in sealed box off eBay for 79.99 (shipped) after using $20 off customer appreciation coupon

Also in the last week from Lego I've added.

2 Sopwith  Camels

1 Grande Emporium

1 Volkswagen T1

5- promotional Balloon Carts

• Like 1

Bought 2 Fallingwaters today.

1 from lego with $10 off for VIP points

1 New in sealed box off eBay for 79.99 (shipped) after using $20 off customer appreciation coupon

Also in the last week from Lego I've added.

2 Sopwith  Camels

1 Grande Emporium

1 Volkswagen T1

5- promotional Balloon Carts

I hate you...Ha, not really, I'm just insanely jealous because you just got at least one of something on my "want-list" (besides Fallingwater/balloon-cart which I already have).  Especially the T1 Volkswagen Van which I really, REALLY want!

Went to the grand opening of Lego store in Westfarms Mall in West Hartford, CT USA! Since in losing my job end of July, I finally decided to get what I truly wanted, not as an investment but to build happily. The Fairgrounds Mixer! I also got a second balloon cart, my second Lego Brand Retail store set, and a TNMT mini brick! Hope others from this site got to the event. I will be back tomorrow for the minifigure set!

Went to the grand opening of Lego store in Westfarms Mall in West Hartford, CT USA! Since in losing my job end of July, I finally decided to get what I truly wanted, not as an investment but to build happily. The Fairgrounds Mixer! I also got a second balloon cart, my second Lego Brand Retail store set, and a TNMT mini brick! Hope others from this site got to the event. I will be back tomorrow for the minifigure set!

I'm taking my son later today!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Brickpicker mobile app