What Lego set did you buy today?

Today I took back the Toy Story Train Chase and Hobbit Barrel Escape I picked up from the ToysRus BOGO 50% off. I'll admit, I got excited seeing all those shiny boxes on sale and I had to get SOMETHING, I have always been drooling after that Train chase but never could find one for the right price.

I bought 2x Olivia's Tree house from Amazon and the Hobbit Unexpected gathering

One box of Series 9 Minifigs still sealed in the shipping box. I just happened to be there today as they were stocking the shelves at my local TRU. They had 3 boxes so I didn't feel too guilty. With the BOGO 50% sale it came to $2.39 per pack before tax, 60 packs in a box. I'm thinking I should just keep the box sealed... thoughts?

Funny one for me today. Stopped by a baseball card shop near my house, who happens to carry Lego. He had advertised a 4483 AT-AT for $199 in an email, and a Vampyre Castle for $80 (should I snap buy it at that price?). Didn't pick up either yet, but while there noticed a "bulk Lego" loose shrinkwrapped pile for $19.95. Thought a couple of the pieces looked familiar, and seemed like a good piece count, so I grabbed it. Checked when I got home, and it's from 10198 Tantive IV for sure. All of the cockpit pieces, and all 11 engines I can see in the package. Guessing some pieces are missing, but going to bust it open tonight and see how many pieces are there. For the price might be fun to put together a full set now for cheap, as I didn't have this in my collection! He also had a few old McDonalds Happy Meal polys, two from 1999 classic, and one airplane from 1986. Not worth much, but for $3 thought they were fun for my collection.

I kind of splurged a bit today which is an understatement really. I also found an awesome deal on a great STAR WARS set; however, the box condition brings up the state of contents into question.

Creator

Mini Speeder

Mini Skyflyers

Super Soarer

Ninjago

Cole's Earth Driller

Legends of Chima

Crawley's Claw Ripper

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Stealth Shell in Pursuit

Shredder's Dragon Bike

Star Wars

Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator

Retailed for $69.99, I bought it for $29.50!! But as I stated before, the box condition is horrible and I am hoping that the contents is all there and in good condition.

Besides my purchases, here are some odd things I found.

Both Wal-Mart & Target have a ton of stock for the "Creationary" game, and somehow Wal-Mart got a few of the Target exclusive "City Alarm" set.

For the most part, both retailers are well stocked on CHIMA & TMNT but not so much on NINJAGO. The "Golden Dragon" set feels very much like "The Zombies" all over again. In fact, Target is the only place I could buy it in store though the shelf has always been empty of it for some time now. "Kai's Fire Mech" is now selling out when before they were always stocked up on him before. The "Warrior Bike" & "Cole's Earth Driller" seem to be next on the list for 'out of stock'.

Out of the CITY items, "High Speed Pursuit" has become difficult to be in stock at all anymore. The "Tanker Truck" & "Fire Helicopter" is on the shelves but in miniscule amounts, like barely one sitting there.

The "Highway Speedster" and "Small Cottage" seem to be selling out rather well, amd so do the two small plastuc 'tub' sets.

TRU sale today. In Store: Hero Factory Furno XL (44000) AND Pyrox (44001) BOGO 1/2 off- $30.48 for both. Online: BOGO 1/2 off- 10224 Town Hall X 2 came out to $150 each BOGO 1/2 off- 10197 Fire Brigade X 2 came out to $112.50 each Finally I bought 50 of the 5998 Vladeks from Mr. Chow! Paid $2.00 a piece all in.

TRU sale today.

In Store: Hero Factory Furno XL (44000) AND Pyrox (44001) BOGO 1/2 off- $30.48 for both.

Online: BOGO 1/2 off- 10224 Town Hall X 2 came out to $150 each

BOGO 1/2 off- 10197 Fire Brigade X 2 came out to $112.50 each

Finally I bought 50 of the 5998 Vladeks from Mr. Chow! Paid $2.00 a piece all in.

How did you get BOGO 50% off of the Hard to Find sets?

today i came across 3 mining trucks (4202) for $17.50/each (50% off). i couldn't pass those up at that price, and construction sets have historically done well for me. also, the same place had 6 desert skiffs for $15/each ($10 off normal retail of $25). i didn't take them but after doiing a little research i think i will head back tomorrow and snag them. finally, the same place also has olivia's house at $60, which is their regular price. this is $15 cheaper than anywhere else. i am not too familiar with the friends theme. does anyone have any experience with that one that they would like to share? thanks.

So Jealous of all the people getting imp shuttles at BOGO, I picked up 14 9675s discounted to 5.49 at Toys R Us, also with BOGO 9509 x 2 with BOGO already discounted to 19.99 9674 x6 with BOGO discounted to 7.49. fairly good pick ups I think. Should I buy the rest of the Advent Calendars at that price?

Guest AnnexBrett

10199 Winter Toy Shop at retail, I'm very very happy!

Great catch! I'm looking for that for a while! Can I ask where did you find it? At least the country... :)