What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up my first 21108 Ghostbusters Ecto-1 today from the LEGO Store.  Also got the 40108 Balloon Cart as well.  I stopped by two different Game Stop and both stores gave me a 5002204 Western Emmet for free without having to buy anything.

You suck!  :rofl:

I stopped by two different GameStop's this morning.  Both of them stonewalled me.  Nothing, nada.  Unwilling to give them up, unwilling to do anything.

I went to B&****** today to pick up an R2, thought I'd try my luck and handed the cashier a 20% coupon, one of the usual ones that specifically exclude DS, R2, and AS. To my surprise it scanned with no problem. Unfortunately I couldn't pay for the whole thing using discounted gift cards because one of them came up with a hold on the balance so now I have to call up the gift card site for that  :getlost:

You suck!  :rofl:

I stopped by two different GameStop's this morning.  Both of them stonewalled me.  Nothing, nada.  Unwilling to give them up, unwilling to do anything.

Well I stopped by another Game Stop today and asked if they had any left over and I was given another Western Emmet and a Good Morning Bilbo Baggins for free.  

Stopped at 4 GameStops today.

1. I asked if they had any more, and he just gave me one.

2. Gave me a lot of attitude when I asked. Claimed they didn't have anymore. Then changed his tune when I showed him i was buying something (a non-LEGO game). Quickly became "buy a LEGO game and you can have one." (I did).

3. Buy a Lego game and it's yours.

4. First clerk said "buy a Lego game and it's yours." Other clerk said, no, there are none left.

So, one for free, two for $3 each, and one denial. Helps to know which game they have for $3 and where to find it in the store.

Got one more GameStop to try tomorrow.

Stopped at 4 GameStops today.

1. I asked if they had any more, and he just gave me one.

2. Gave me a lot of attitude when I asked. Claimed they didn't have anymore. Then changed his tune when I showed him i was buying something (a non-LEGO game). Quickly became "buy a LEGO game and you can have one." (I did).

3. Buy a Lego game and it's yours.

4. First clerk said "buy a Lego game and it's yours." Other clerk said, no, there are none left.

So, one for free, two for $3 each, and one denial. Helps to know which game they have for $3 and where to find it in the store.

Got one more GameStop to try tomorrow.

Are the figs they are including in the game purchase really worth all of the time, gas, and haggling? It just sounds like a lot of work to acquire a few common figs. Then you are also stuck with some old used games that people probably already have or will never play, unless they just give you the fig without a purchase. I mean, if the game is only $3 at a specialty store like GameStop then I can't imagine it is a highly desired title anymore. What are the figs going for on eBay right now? I haven't checked because I don't deal with figs. I guess if you want them for a personal collection the go for it, but trying to stockpile these for future resale doesn't seem to make sense. That time, energy, and gas could be better spent elsewhere in my opinion. Please correct me if I am missing something. Just curious. Thanks.

You gotta start looking for this "upgrade" http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Deluxe-Train-Set-5609. Or the wheels are not compatible?

Nope. The wheels don't fit on those tracks.

Maybe I'll get him a real train next year for his second birthday. For now, he will probably just throw the bricks around at my sister's place. I just wanted to make a statement by getting him Lego :-)

Picked up 4x Vampire Castle and 4x Constitution Train at TRU clearance prices and an extra 15% off for opening a TRU CC. Boxes are all really good. I asked if they had more but they said that was all they had. The manager who helped me said she was happy since her kids grew out of their Lego. I gave her my info. She's going to give me a call if they want to part with theirs.

GE from a TRU store for about $100 plus tax

Customer return with seals intact and a lot of shelf wear. Started with the 189.99 markup since none of the PM competitors had it in stock. But was able to use the 20% coupon to get it back to msrp. Then 10% Thursday cc promo, $10 rewards credits, and 20% off gc's.