What Lego set did you buy today?

Just grabbed 7962 Anakin's and Sebulba's Podracers used for $62 shipped(possibly from member here?) Haha definitely excited to build and display this one.  My N64 came with the Episode I Racer game and it ended up being one of my favorites throughout my childhood.  Foresee a lot of nostalgia within the next week.

First shopping day in a while and I hit a TRU Express I hadn't been to in a while and was surprised to find 2 Uruk Hai armies and 2 Shelob Attacks on the shelf. These have been long gone from Toronto so I was happy to get them even at retail. Also got 4 spider-man glider polybags and 4 batmobile polybags, and a boatload of Simpsons figures after hearing they were sold out at our local Lego stores last week. I also bought a battalion's worth of stormtrooper and clone trooper action figures on clearance at Target to fill my AT-AT and Gunship vehicles. 

Yesterday I finally redeemed my B&****** Kids Club coupon.

Picked up a 10188 for $251.99 + tax and a 10225 for $161.95 + tax.

The box on the 10188 is in bad shape, but all the seals are in place and it had one of those spider theft prevention wires on it.

It was almost a sure thing Lego would have Extra SSD to sell after they filled there orders, and I still think these will around til the end of the year, and like a few people had said look how fast the price increased in a month, so if it retired today or 6 months from now the price will shoot up faster if we see retired on the Lego site. So if you have the money get as many as you can without Cgarging on a Credit Card and not being able to pay the balance each month. Once retired these should be about $800 or so after the first year and with the Movie next year its just makes sense these will be very popular. Ed

• Like 1

I went to a garage sale today and bought a bag of Lego City and Agents minifigures for $4, and a bag of baseplates for another $4.

I'm happy to say that we are having a yard sale this morning and we have absolutely zero Lego for sale. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

• Like 2

I just gambled on a bulk lot from shopgoodwill, which isn't something that I usually incorporate into my investment strategy.  I stumbled on the listing when it had about 3 minutes left, so it was a total last second impulse buy.  There does appear to be a bit of Mega Blok action going on and at least one Playmobil figure, which isn't great.  But on the plus side, I was able to identify quite a few major elements of 7785 Arkham Asylum, including a lot of the roof/wall pieces and basically the entire van.  I could only positively ID one minfig (Poison Ivy) so I'm hoping there are a few treasures buried on the bottom of the bin.  It was only $33 for 8 lbs though, so I'm not going to cry if it doesn't work out.

I just gambled on a bulk lot from shopgoodwill, which isn't something that I usually incorporate into my investment strategy.  I stumbled on the listing when it had about 3 minutes left, so it was a total last second impulse buy.  There does appear to be a bit of Mega Blok action going on and at least one Playmobil figure, which isn't great.  But on the plus side, I was able to identify quite a few major elements of 7785 Arkham Asylum, including a lot of the roof/wall pieces and basically the entire van.  I could only positively ID one minfig (Poison Ivy) so I'm hoping there are a few treasures buried on the bottom of the bin.  It was only $33 for 8 lbs though, so I'm not going to cry if it doesn't work out.

Looking closer at the photos, it also looks like I've got most of 7625 River Chase.  I was able to pick out most of the car, the boat, some tree elements, 3 minifigs (2 Russian soldiers and Marion Ravenwood), at least 1 snake and Indy's hat.  Which is neat because I don't have any Indiana Jones stuff in my collection yet.

Found a few kingdoms joust 10223 in a TRU, turned out to be on brown clearance for $60 plus tax, seemed liked a great deal, is it?? I am new to this, but 60% off seems like a no brainer. I picked up 3, thinking I should go back and try to get more. Any thoughts?

Yes, go get them all.

• Like 1

Won a wolverine chopper showdown on an auction for 48$.

Still don't get it why certain people bid in the last minute. Don't they realise it is utterly worthless in the case of a second price auction? You can't outplay second price auction. The optimal licit strategy is the same for each bidder. Time, order and others' bid don't matter in it.