What Lego set did you buy today?

Purchased Lego Mirkwood Elf Army, Dol Goldur Ambush, Daily Bugle Show Down, Laketown Chase and a pack of Crayons (filler) for about $99.00 shipped from Kmart.  It was a 10 of 40 coupon in the paper today on 3 transactions and all the items were already on sale.  Unfortunately, it looks like they have now killed the coupon or I would have shared it.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

not a se tbut bought 20 zombie heads and 40 hands to build another zombie army. sold a group of 16 (to singapore ?) for a nice profit. crossing fingers on this next batch

Thanks for not raising the price then - I need one to add to my city and it's a poor use of funds to break open a sealed one at this time.

I wanted this but I recently got a non payment strike and they did not allowed me to bid..... I was about to bid 130 for it.........  Guess you got lucky !

eBay? I hardly see any under $150 there right now, not even used.

Yes, it was on ebay, there was also a BIN of $120 shipped for a new in open box GE two weeks ago that another BPer got

Last week there was a used Market Street BIN for $350!

BIN is where I find the better deals unless you find an obscure or imperfect auction.  After I find a deal, if I don't intend to buy it, I post it in the forum instead.

Additionally, some sellers have listed exclusives at 15-20% off retail (new or used) but always check the seller's history to increase your odds of a legitimate seller.

**Side note, my bid was slightly more than 130 but I am thankful that I got it at all**

OK, so this is story 1 of 2.  Today I got from Kmart a Daily Bugle Showdown.  It was one of 3 orders.  2 orders boxed.  This one bagged.  UPS beat it up a little bit.  That's understandable for a plastic bag.  I called Kmart, told them and asked if I could get a call tag and replacement.  Really nice person.  They said they have to have UPS call me.  I told them if UPS calls me I will tell them its not their fault, the bag is fine, that Kmart put a cardboard boxed product in a bag and shouldn't have.  I said to her, not whether you agree with me or not, but do you understand what I am saying?  She said yes.  So I think I will be in a circular conundrum.  Anyone deal with Kmart having UPS call you yet over a bagged product that is Kmart's fault and not UPS's fault?  So this was my deal I received today. :)

OK, so this is story 2 of 2.  I have a friend who ordered 2 Grand Emporium's from Lego.  It arrived to them today.  Came in 2 large boxes slapped together to make a big box. I have never seen Lego do this before.  Everything has been in a properly fitting box or too big.  One of the two GE's was perfect.  The other one looks like it had a fedex label slapped on it and then pulled off (not totally ripped off, image is there) and then has like lots of stains on the front of the box like water or rust.  Very odd.  It is like they either were going to ship it out as is or got it back from someone and pulled the label off.  Now for speculation.  Could this mean they are running low on Grand Emporium's even though still in stock? :)

This is becoming routine for me every two weeks: Power Armor Lex down to $15 after Amazon price match discounted further by $10 in TRU rewards.

Also picked up a witch polybag for $2.99 and a couple Spidey Glider polys.

Edit: epic fail when trying to use coupon stacking on Benny's Spaceship.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

OK, so this is story 2 of 2.  I have a friend who ordered 2 Grand Emporium's from Lego.  It arrived to them today.  Came in 2 large boxes slapped together to make a big box. I have never seen Lego do this before.  Everything has been in a properly fitting box or too big.  One of the two GE's was perfect.  The other one looks like it had a fedex label slapped on it and then pulled off (not totally ripped off, image is there) and then has like lots of stains on the front of the box like water or rust.  Very odd.  It is like they either were going to ship it out as is or got it back from someone and pulled the label off.  Now for speculation.  Could this mean they are running low on Grand Emporium's even though still in stock? :)

Probably a FEDEX repackage after they damaged the original