What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up a Falling Water at B&****** for $76. Also went to my TRU and they must of found an old case because I found 10 Architecture John Hancock Center on brown clearance for $6.49 ea. My best score yet. Stoked!

Pics or it didn't happen

Wow! Even at retail those are a great buy, not to mention $6.49! Congrats!!  :clapping:

Went to B&****** to use my 20% off and couldn't find a good set to buy, I either was all stocked up or wasn't interested in the sets they had. I wound up buying this strange thing made of paper. I believe it's called a book. I didn't realize that Barnes & Noble sold those.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

You should stay away from those... they are only trouble

Krang for $9 after tax, A-Wing for $18 after tax, Riddles for the Ring for $7(had to take it out of a stockgirl's cart when she wasn't looking otherwise it would get put out a week later and I'd miss it), and Turtle Lair Attack for $35 from Walmart.   2 Fire Emergency for 42(got $5 back in points and 9% cashback though) So paid approximately 17.50 each after tax at Kmart.  Decent weekend.

Picked up a Falling Water at B&****** for $76. Also went to my TRU and they must of found an old case because I found 10 Architecture John Hancock Center on brown clearance for $6.49 ea. My best score yet. Stoked!

Pics or it didn't happen

John Hancock?  Everybody knows it's "Herbie" Hancock.

City Passenger Train 7938 - used, 99% complete with box, missing one instruction booklet

City Cargo Train 7939 - used, 99% complete with box, missing one instruction booklet

HP Hogwarts Express 4841 - Incomplete, only locomotive is complete, no box and no manuals

Horizon Express 10233 - Incomplete, only the passenger car is complete, no box and no manuals

All for $120, got them off CL. 

• Like 1

Hubby picked up two of the Desert Skiffs (9496) today at our local lego store.  They were clearanced out from $25 to $12.50 ea.   ^_^  They still had quite a few left.  

Nice! I wish they were that price for longer on May 4th. I'd actually go back for them all, if you are at all into parting sets out. I can picture the set doing really well in the future, especially with Boba Fett in it.

• Like 1

What did you score, and how much did you pay for it? 

I "scored":

- 7710 Push-Along Passenger Loco Train

- 7822 Railway Station 

- 7834 Level Crossing

- 7816 Shell Wagon

- 7821 Signal Post Repair Wagon

- 7867 Train Light Posts

- Alot of track and transformer (12v)

- 7777 Lego Train Ideas Book

- 377 Shell Service Station

- 6362 Post Office

- Some small classic space sets

- Road Plates

- Other small Legoland Sets

It all needs a good clean (wash). I could see it was 99,5% complete. Instructions all there, no boxes.

I paid 335 euro for all of it.

• Like 1

I "scored":

- 7710 Push-Along Passenger Loco Train

- 7822 Railway Station 

- 7834 Level Crossing

- 7816 Shell Wagon

- 7821 Signal Post Repair Wagon

- 7867 Train Light Posts

- Alot of track and transformer (12v)

- 7777 Lego Train Ideas Book

- 377 Shell Service Station

- 6362 Post Office

- Some small classic space sets

- Road Plates

- Other small Legoland Sets

It all needs a good clean (wash). I could see it was 99,5% complete. Instructions all there, no boxes.

I paid 335 euro for all of it.

Wow! You think you over paid? I certainly don`t think so. That is a ton of fairly vintage, rare sets. The fact that you found them all in one place makes sense (garage/estate sale?) given the age, but wow, still. Congrats!

• Like 1

Thanks for making me feel more positive.

I went over there only for the 7822 Railway Station and came back with all these. I checked the value of these sets on this site and it was not so high as I expected. I will have a hard time getting my investment back.

It will keep me off the streets for a while.

Guest TabbyBoy

I found an old copy of the Daily Mail to get a Spiderman polybag.  That's all I'm spending for the rest of this month!  Unless 21108 is the May early VIP set.

Thanks for making me feel more positive.

I went over there only for the 7822 Railway Station and came back with all these. I checked the value of these sets on this site and it was not so high as I expected. I will have a hard time getting my investment back.

It will keep me off the streets for a while.

The biggest issue you`de have in selling these I think is finding a buyer. If you find one, they`ll more than likely be willing to pay top dollar and thus help you recoup your investment. That might take some time. Paying a bit less (250-300) would definitely have helped you out in the profit department, but from a different perspective, you managed to find some really neat sets that you may or may not have ever had the opportunity to buy again, given that they are 30+ years old. Not sure if you`re a collector yourself or not, but still, that`s a great find!