What Lego set did you buy today?

I finally caved and bought a case of Simpsons minfigs from Chapters-Indigo using their 15OFFWEEKENDS promo (posted about here: http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9775-15-off-simpsons-minifigs-in-chapters-indigo/?hl=chapters).  $227 CAD with all taxes and shipping, so pretty decent compared to the current eBay prices ($260-275ish USD). 

I also picked up 7673 MagnaGuard Starfighter, 7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid, 7749 Echo Base, 7915 Imperial V-Wing, 8017 Darth Vader's TIE Fighter, 8036 Separatist Shuttle, 15 extra Star Wars minifigs and a pile of guns/helmets/backpacks for $40 from a local yard sale.  Everything complete and in perfect condition.  Only downside was no boxes or instructions, but I bought them primarily for my personal collection so I didn't really care about that.

You must have sunk some serious amount of money into these.

$1200. I'm selling the GG because I already have one so that will knock off $500. I'll sell the two town buildings for 60 or so each. That will bring the CC and Market down to 300 each. They are going into my personal collection.

• Like 1

What is drop shipping? (Maybe a stupid question).

In some cases it is where people buy goods with stolen credit cards and the item is shipped direct from a retailer to the purchaser, who usually gets a nice deal on the item. But later on the card is reported as stolen, and if bought from LEGO direct, you may be banned if you use your same name and/or address as you normally use to order LEGO.

Not all drop shipping is bad though, but in this certain scenario, and in ones similar to this, it is.

• Like 1

Picked up a Falling Water at B&****** for $76. Also went to my TRU and they must of found an old case because I found 10 Architecture John Hancock Center on brown clearance for $6.49 ea. My best score yet. Stoked!

Just an FYI, a fellow Brickpicker is in need of the printed plate from that set, don't believe he has it as of yet, probably still in the trade listings, but I'm sure he'ld appreciate a trade for one of the sets. Don't remember his name though, sorry about that.

Got a New in Box 10188 DS effectively for 11% off retail no tax/no shipping considering the eBay Bucks promo. Pretty good considering the lack of any deals on the large UCS sets.

True.

Good deal.

Even in it's heyday, discounts were usually no more than 11-13 % before rewards points, cash back, etc.... The 10221 SSD saw greater discounts (25% at least multiple times)

19188=

http://camelcamelcamel.com/LEGO-Star-Wars-Death-10188/product/B002EEP3NO?context=browse

Went to B&****** to use my 20% off and couldn't find a good set to buy, I either was all stocked up or wasn't interested in the sets they had. I wound up buying this strange thing made of paper. I believe it's called a book. I didn't realize that Barnes & Noble sold those.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

• Like 1