What Lego set did you buy today?

Went to an estate sale this morning and picked up the following 1970's vintage sets for $75 that includes the original boxes and instructions:

135 - Building Set

268 - Family Room

435 - Tipper Truck

445 - Police Units

462 - Mobile Rocket Launcher

480 - Rescue Helicopter

490 - Mobile Crane

542 - Street Crew

540 - Police Units

558 - Road Crane

775 - Fire Fighter

901 - Universal Motor Set

6375 - EXXON Gas Station

8848 - Power Truck

Red LEGO Hard Plastic Carrying Case

Got the Jedi defender for personal collection - used sale price plus $10 off coupon - came out to $60.47 after tax so 40%+ off of a $100 set - not bad!

So, TRU markup on TRU exclusive does do the trick  :-)

Real MSRP is 89.99, so 33% off, still not bad for licensed set. I got one for same price, but had some reward bucks. I which they would have tried 20% off regular price coupon, but oh well. Might try in another store 

• Like 1

Picked up 3 TLR Stagecoaches on "clearance" at KMart for @$25 ea after some surprise pts. A TieFighter at B&****** for @$42 and and R2D2 at a Lego store and got a Revan. I asked about the SSD and the guy said they sold out the day it was red tagged. So I guess those stories of the red retiring stickers was true. All 3 Lego stores had 0 of the 50% off sets. Sandcrawler looks great.

• Like 1

New SW Sandcrawler to replace mine old 10144 SC sold a couple of months ago to prepare for this, used an extra 1000 VIP points from my SSD, T1 purchases with double points. So $249.99 plus tax still have about $40 left from the old crawlers sale after all the stupid ebay and paypal fees bummer. Total since since purchase of old crawler years ago $149.99 plus tax plus shipping back then minus $40 left over about $130 total cost, but now I have a new bigger better crawler.

I picked up a 79010 Goblin King Battle.  I know it's generally assumed to be a bit of a dud for both building and investment purposes, but I couldn't resist the 50% off price tag.  I also snagged a used 4842 Hogwarts Castle from a local online listing.  It's missing a couple minifigs and a handful of random bricks, but it still has the box and instructions.  Figured it was still a pretty good deal at $80.    

Picked up 3 TLR Stagecoaches on "clearance" at KMart for @$25 ea after some surprise pts. A TieFighter at B&****** for @$42 and and R2D2 at a Lego store and got a Revan. I asked about the SSD and the guy said they sold out the day it was red tagged. So I guess those stories of the red retiring stickers was true. All 3 Lego stores had 0 of the 50% off sets. Sandcrawler looks great.

For your stagecoaches, did you get them at $25 for the 3 or $25 each.  If it was $25 each, your kmart has poor clearance prices (although by simply having them you have made money)

My purchase was a complete 4842 Hogwarts castle for under US MSRP (:

**Had to edit after I was ninja'd by a fellow Canadian about the same set!

I picked up a 79010 Goblin King Battle.  I know it's generally assumed to be a bit of a dud for both building and investment purposes, but I couldn't resist the 50% off price tag.  I also snagged a used 4842 Hogwarts Castle from a local online listing.  It's missing a couple minifigs and a handful of random bricks, but it still has the box and instructions.  Figured it was still a pretty good deal at $80.    

Every minifig in this set is an exclusive, so it might do better than a lot of people give it credit for, and I think the build looks better in person than in pictures.  I'm not one that's big on play features, but the ones in this set are well done and make sense - the rope bridge is fantastic.

Right now I have just the Goblin King and the throne section on my desk, makes are a nice little display.

For your stagecoaches, did you get them at $25 for the 3 or $25 each.  If it was $25 each, your kmart has poor clearance prices (although by simply having them you have made money)

My purchase was a complete 4842 Hogwarts castle for under US MSRP (:

**Had to edit after I was ninja'd by a fellow Canadian about the same set!

Yeah, got them @$25 ea. They just appeared out of nowhere in minty boxes. Where were they during the 50% off clearance. Either way I had to pick them up. I believe I have 7 or 8 now.

Yeah, got them @$25 ea. They just appeared out of nowhere in minty boxes. Where were they during the 50% off clearance. Either way I had to pick them up. I believe I have 7 or 8 now.

I had a similar experience at kmart of bunch of mint stagecoaches appeared after the clearance sale was done. no sign of them at any other Kmart. You may want to check though because some Kmarts are starting the 30 percent off clearance sale today.

From LEGO.com  - I took a gamble since no one here in town has any of them - 16: random Simpsons minifigs to go with my Simpsons Houses. Separate purchases each - 1 R2D2, 1 Sand Crawler, 1 X-Wing collectors,  and a duo of (DC Batcave & Assylum (for my son's birthday)). Looking forward to the minifig and posters. Big savings on the DC stuff in Walmart store. Happy 4th be with you! BTW - I saw on EBay the minifig set for the Sand Crawler alone is around 150$. Now I want two to keep one in storage. Have to wait on the R2 Unit as they are not shipping for 30 days. sorry had to say that - "R2 Unit". This little droid will see a lot of action next to my Darth Maul head.

I agree that you had to pick them up. I was curious because on a recent trip I stopped at a random Kmart and after surprise points, they could be had at $8.xx (I posted so another BPer could get the rest).

Still a good find