What Lego set did you buy today?

3186 Emma's horse trailer x8 at target for Christmas flips. I haven't seen these in the wild in my neck of the woods for quite awhile until it stumbled upon these tonight while looking for a riddler chase for my son's birthday (struck out on that).

Glad to hear of your luck. I previously mentioned a month or so ago with my Target getting restocked on that one at a dollar above retail price tag for whatever reason. Funny how they just sit there despite their secondary market worth but then again I don't think anyone even knows of the whole price matching thing at Target so it isn't surprising. Anywho, I don't know about you but if the current trend continues then the sky is the limit for that little set. Talk about betting on the winning horse.
  • Like 1

3186 Emma's horse trailer x8 at target for Christmas flips. I haven't seen these in the wild in my neck of the woods for quite awhile until it stumbled upon these tonight while looking for a riddler chase for my son's birthday (struck out on that).

Glad to hear of your luck. I previously mentioned a month or so ago with my Target getting restocked on that one at a dollar above retail price tag for whatever reason. Funny how they just sit there despite their secondary market worth but then again I don't think anyone even knows of the whole price matching thing at Target so it isn't surprising. Anywho, I don't know about you but if the current trend continues then the sky is the limit for that little set. Talk about betting on the winning horse.

OK, now you guys pretty much have me convinced to pick these up at retail whenever I see them.  I haven't paid MSRP yet for this set, but I guess I'd better get them while I still can.

• Like 2

OK, now you guys pretty much have me convinced to pick these up at retail whenever I see them.  I haven't paid MSRP yet for this set, but I guess I'd better get them while I still can.

I am a bit confused with 3186. It is available for MSRP at Target online. Lego SAH has it with later shipping date. What is so magical about them? Amazon/ebay selling prices don't seem to bee all that great (at the moment at least). Am I missing something here? What does "despite their secondary market worth" mean, given that target sells them via ebay as well?

I am a bit confused with 3186. It is available for MSRP at Target online. Lego SAH has it with later shipping date. What is so magical about them? Amazon/ebay selling prices don't seem to bee all that great (at the moment at least). Am I missing something here? What does "despite their secondary market worth" mean, given that target sells them via ebay as well?

It's similar to the dolphin cruiser, in that it's a hot holiday flip. The main difference (other than the price) is that the dolphin cruiser will be around for much longer than the horse trailer. The trailer and Olivia's house are the only four digit friends sets still available if I'm not mistaken. I was selling cruisers for $112 shipped before Christmas, but if you look at their value now it has dropped considerably since they are readily available again. I am hoping that they are in big demand again this holiday season and have started to stockpile them already (24 at the moment. Aiming for 40 by November). The horse trailer is a very similar situation.

It's similar to the dolphin cruiser, in that it's a hot holiday flip. The main difference (other than the price) is that the dolphin cruiser will be around for much longer than the horse trailer. The trailer and Olivia's house are the only four digit friends sets still available if I'm not mistaken.

add summer riding camp. :)

Picked up a used and complete w box and instructions Architecture Fallingwater for $50 today. Saving it to build when my dad the architect comes into town. 

Also stacked Kmart goodness to get a Dolphin Cruiser and two Iron Man/War Machine sets for about $55 shipped after tax.

• Like 1

Guest betsy805

Bought a $100 used lot off craigslist and was happily surprised to find that there was only one small handful of Knex, and well over 100 minifigures!!  Kids are super excited to help me put the sets together.

Bought a box of switch and curved track from LEGO, a few more lights, and also along with a couple of road plates. Finally broke down on those road plates... City will look great at night once I install the lights and build my powerplant MOC (will house battery box) that I have made instructions of already, just need to order parts or find a good parts set.

OK, now I'm checking mine. 

Note: I'm on my way there...

I hope you find something. The Walmart here had the set at retail price forever it seems like. Checked today and bingo. Lucky timing. Also picked up quite a few corporate alliance droid tanks for $13 each.

• Like 2

I went to my local Walmart and picked up the last 4 Jabba's Palace sets for $79 each.

I hope you find something. The Walmart here had the set at retail price forever it seems like. Checked today and bingo. Lucky timing. Also picked up quite a few corporate alliance droid tanks for $13 each.

JoshB, I really appreciate you posting this. I've been stalking these and checking with the app since before Christmas.  I picked up 4 X at $79 each.  I know of a few others around, so I may check into them as well.