What Lego set did you buy today?

I BL'd this myself and have all the parts and started building a couple days ago.   Have the base and the dome done, working on the main structure right now.  It's a LOT of white pieces, which I'm not a huge fan of because white seems to have to many different shades to it in Lego that they never match perfectly.  Anyway, it's huge and will look awesome when done. 

I did one big order from Shop@Home for parts that were hard to find or cheaper there, and then about a dozen Bricklink orders.  Not too bad with shipping and have new parts throughout.  It's essentially a new set.

I really like how the base is modular so you can take it apart and move it pretty easily.  Just not sure where it's going to go.

How much did it end up costing you? I think I'm going to be in the neighborhood of about $600.

How much did it end up costing you? I think I'm going to be in the neighborhood of about $600.

I kept it a little under $800.  I don't think I saved much over a used copy, but this is essentially right out of the box, just without the box.  This way, I didn't have to worry about what set was coming to my door if I bought one on ebay that had been displayed.  Their idea of excellent condition and mine is probably different.

Finding new parts in the arches, 1x2x2 panels was difficult, but a necessary pain for this project.  It took some careful planning on orders to create the fewest packages coming to the door.  Also, finding sellers that have the quantities was difficult, too. 

After having time to smoosh and do a little research on sold listings, I think I will be returning these. IF they sell at $9/each shipped

It's too bad you didn't get a complete set, you can maximize the profit a little there (costs less to ship a complete set than a bunch of individuals and you can charge a small premium too.)   Even without the complete set, I'd suggest holding for a couple of weeks.  Figure out what it *would* be worth it for you to sell than setup auctions for them at that price and list them on May 3rd.  

The Simpsons episode on May 4th is supposed to be a LEGO CGI episode -- and millions of fans of the Simpsons will see that episode.  I *HAVE TO* believe that LEGO will be smart enough to also air an advert during the episode for the CMFs, but even if they don't it should still spark general interest in LEGO and as those fans flock to the internet, social media should alert them to the CMFs.  Since most walmarts tend to do "just in time" inventory where they try to carry as little extra stock as possible, any rush from the episode airing should clear shelves and there will be a one or two week opportunity to sell at a premium during the shortage.

Any you have left two weeks after the episode airs that didn't sell at your price point, you can than either Trade with investors/collectors here on BP or return to walmart.

Firstly, Hi, I'm new here, and this is my first post...

Hoping to get more involved as I have time.

I didn't realize this was as new as it was, but I found Nindroid Mechdragon (70725) at my K-Mart in the clearance section marked 50% off. I guess I'll sit on this one a while because it's so new.

$40.50 + tax = $44.25, which is lower than than it's been on Amazon ($57.59)

2x Pirate Ship Ambush - 50.99
2x Unexpected Gathering - 35.69
2x Lake Town Chase - 25.49
2x Counsel of Elrond - 14.95

Meijer clearance + mperks coupons + meijer credit 15% off deal

Also ended up getting $15 in rewards for the transactions (had to add some groceries to get some of the points)

Thanks for the tip Bold-Arrow!

• Like 1

Came across 9 John Hancocks (21001) at TRU today. $7.79 each.

I was shocked and did a double take when I saw them on the shelf, considering these have been retired for what, over two years? Easily the best random find I've come across so far!

• Like 4

Friends

Collectables: Turtle's Little Paradise

Collectables: Tiger's Beautiful Temple

Collectables: Penguin's Playground

Star Wars

Microfighter: Millennium Falcon

Microfighter: TIE Interceptor

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

Dol Guldur Ambush

Legends of Chima

Legend Beast: Crocodile

Legend Beast: Wolf

Sparratus' Spider Stalker - $5 off

City

Prisoner Transporter (60043) - $5 off

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love impulse sets. :biggrin:

R2-D2 for $125 incl tax thanks to Barnes Noble membership, my complaint of a tiny wrinkle in a corner, plus 20% card pool gift cards. I hope they restock, because I'll happily buy one a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Nice work. It's my next B&****** purchase with gift cards & discounts. I have been waiting for after the 5/4 but, I don't think LEGO Shop at Home could match that.

Thanks to hxckid88's heads up, I finally picked up an Arkham Asylum from Amazon WH.  I've only been trying for four months now.  The other day, hxckid88 mentioned he'd be sending one back.

If it's not his, then be on the look out for his, if you're still looking for one.

Thanks hxckid88.

• Like 1