What Lego set did you buy today?

Exactly $75 worth of bricks and pieces for the Taj Mahal from the LEGO PAB Website (these are only pieces that are cheaper on PAB than on BrickLink), which I've procrastinated in BrickLinking. If any of you remember, I started this over a year ago. LOL...

Once this shipment of pieces comes in, I'll be 1/6 of the way there! In hindsight, it was a bad idea to choose the biggest LEGO set ever produced for my first BL experience.

• Like 2

Exactly $75 worth of bricks and pieces for the Taj Mahal from the LEGO PAB Website (these are only pieces that are cheaper on PAB than on BrickLink), which I've procrastinated in BrickLinking. If any of you remember, I started this over a year ago. LOL...

Once this shipment of pieces comes in, I'll be 1/6 of the way there! In hindsight, it was a bad idea to choose the biggest LEGO set ever produced for my first BL experience.

You could have done what I did - BL'ed the Mini Modulars.  Nothing like trying to put together a 1200 piece set that's made of up a whole lot of plates and tiles that are *really* tiny.

• Like 1

You could have done what I did - BL'ed the Mini Modulars.  Nothing like trying to put together a 1200 piece set that's made of up a whole lot of plates and tiles that are *really* tiny.

I did consider it, but then I was like "Eh, too easy. Gimme the 6k piece set!". Between then and now, I've bought the Mini-Modulars set, and it's waiting to be built. ;) Just looking at the box makes me shudder at how many small pieces there are. I'm not 100% certain, but the Taj Mahal might have fewer unique pieces than the Mini-Modulars.

picked up another 10220 VW T1 Camper using amazon points.  i'm still much disturbed this set hasn't been discounted in nearly 11  months.  ugh....  i'm not a big fan of creating my own discount whne buying sets at retail price.  luckily, my other 10220s were bought at discount last year.

Just stumbled upon 16 Simpsons CMF for $2.97 each at a walmart. No time to smoosh in store, so I will have to wait until I get home to see what I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Lucky! I've been scouring my Walmarts armed with the UPC trying to figure out which of them even have them on order, much less will put them out. :(

Guest davewager78

Feeling your pain on the TM. Must have the parts by June (no special reason - just need a deadline)

Just stumbled upon 16 Simpsons CMF for $2.97 each at a walmart. No time to smoosh in store, so I will have to wait until I get home to see what I have.

After having time to smoosh and do a little research on sold listings, I think I will be returning these. IF they sell at $9/each shipped, I'll only be making about $2 profit on each one. There is only a small window to capitalize on these before they are available to the masses, so that's too much work and too many variables to maybe make $32 profit. I have no interest in these from a personal collection standpoint. I just saw them sitting on the shelf discounted nonetheless, so I figured I would buy now and ask questions later.

After smooshing I think I have 2 Bart's, 2 homers, 2 apu's, 2 chief wiggum, 1 itchy, 1 grandpa, 1 marge, 2 Maggie, 1 Ralph wiggum, 1 krusty, and 1 I can't identify.

• Like 1

After having time to smoosh and do a little research on sold listings, I think I will be returning these. IF they sell at $9/each shipped, I'll only be making about $2 profit on each one. There is only a small window to capitalize on these before they are available to the masses, so that's too much work and too many variables to maybe make $32 profit. I have no interest in these from a personal collection standpoint. I just saw them sitting on the shelf discounted nonetheless, so I figured I would buy now and ask questions later.

After smooshing I think I have 2 Bart's, 2 homers, 2 apu's, 2 chief wiggum, 1 itchy, 1 grandpa, 1 marge, 2 Maggie, 1 Ralph wiggum, 1 krusty, and 1 I can't identify.

picked up another 10220 VW T1 Camper using amazon points.  i'm still much disturbed this set hasn't been discounted in nearly 11  months.  ugh....  i'm not a big fan of creating my own discount whne buying sets at retail price.  luckily, my other 10220s were bought at discount last year.

I'll be cashing in some Bing Rewards soon and I think I'll use those towards a discount on another R2-D2 and VW T1.

I was in KMart today and they had the City Cargo Truck on sale for $25.99 (MSRP $39.99).  I couldn't help myself and snagged 2 w/ a $5 off coupon and banked another $15 in SYWR points and gas coupon (20% plus March of Dimes donation).  When I get my points back for all my bonus points for gift card purchases and online purchases I should be able to by a few nice sets with points alone.

We picked up a couple of small sets for the kids - Iron Man vs. The Mandarin (76008) and Batman: The Penguin Face off (76010).  ^_^  And a couple of brick separators as well.  

Oh!  Also picked up some keychains - the Ninjago snake keychain and Anakin Skywalker keychain were both clearanced down to $1 a piece.  So I picked up three of each.  =)

I BL'd this myself and have all the parts and started building a couple days ago.   Have the base and the dome done, working on the main structure right now.  It's a LOT of white pieces, which I'm not a huge fan of because white seems to have to many different shades to it in Lego that they never match perfectly.  Anyway, it's huge and will look awesome when done. 

I did one big order from Shop@Home for parts that were hard to find or cheaper there, and then about a dozen Bricklink orders.  Not too bad with shipping and have new parts throughout.  It's essentially a new set.

I really like how the base is modular so you can take it apart and move it pretty easily.  Just not sure where it's going to go.

Just snagged a newly listed 7939 cargo train and 7895 switching tracks both sealed with free shipping for $110.

Great find!  I was very happy to find 7939's on sale when Amazon had them for about $125, but adding the tracks makes it a great deal.

• Like 1