What Lego set did you buy today?

You have to live in a state where Amazon does not charge taxes. If you do then no taxes are applied when you check out. If you really don't want to pay taxes then signup for a red card from Target. You get 5% off any purchase online or in store. That usually covers "most" of the taxes in most states.

They are not in California, but when I hit the checkout, it hit me with the TAX... I thought Amazon charges tax on all orders now, aren't they?

You have to live in a state where Amazon does not charge taxes. If you do then no taxes are applied when you check out. If you really don't want to pay taxes then signup for a red card from Target. You get 5% off any purchase online or in store. That usually covers "most" of the taxes in most states.

They are not in California, but when I hit the checkout, it hit me with the TAX... I thought Amazon charges tax on all orders now, aren't they?

California has their own rules. They are not part of the United States of America. ;-)

There is a long and sorted history with CA and internet tax. The bottom line is that Amazon agreed to charge state tax on all orders that are theirs starting some time last year. Since then, Amazon has opened at least two distribution centers in the state. There is just no way around it. What I usually do is this: look at ALL the items for sale on Amazon. Many times, you will find a private seller that charges the same or slightly higher than Amazon, which do not have tax on them.

I cannot believe it... so I called customer service asking why there was tax on my order, and she said she will submit my order to a department and they will review it and refund it... I highly doubt that now since it's on their web page... I had a $50 gift cert from applying their card... So my total is $79.71... Hope they will be nice enough to refund me the 10.71 tax...

Made a run of a few Walmarts today. Picked up one Ghost Train for $54, one Wolverine's Chopper for $15, and one Swamp Creature MF for $4. The stores really seem to be random on pricing clearances. One Walmart had a bunch of Quinjets and some other small sets in clearance....for $1 off. Another had stuff on a clearance shelf within the toy section, but no prices listed at all. Everything scanned full price. How often do people usually check back in a case like this, where you know it's going to be marked down eventually?

Made a run of a few Walmarts today. Picked up one Ghost Train for $54, one Wolverine's Chopper for $15, and one Swamp Creature MF for $4.

The stores really seem to be random on pricing clearances. One Walmart had a bunch of Quinjets and some other small sets in clearance....for $1 off. Another had stuff on a clearance shelf within the toy section, but no prices listed at all. Everything scanned full price.

How often do people usually check back in a case like this, where you know it's going to be marked down eventually?

I think other folks cleared out my Walmart before I got there. The lego aisle is bare.

I used to check back weekly at Target when i was trying to get clearance video games. Dunno if that is a good strategy here.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I love pricematching at TARGET!!

Too bad Target does not do price matching with another Target...

I assume that you mean they will not price match another Target's clearance prices, there is a difference.

Yes they don't match on clearance with another Target store...

Cuusoo Hayabusa.....at the DIsneyland Lego store!

....You're kidding. Way to strike a homerun, that's awesome!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

I love pricematching at TARGET!!

Too bad Target does not do price matching with another Target...

I assume that you mean they will not price match another Target's clearance prices, there is a difference.

Yes they don't match on clearance with another Target store...

I wasn't sure about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

I think they pricematch with their own website, Target.com, though.