What Lego set did you buy today?

Interested in the Simpsons house thing for 160 ea, send me pm for details.

Picked up deal on Cl:

1 x creator expert Sydney opera house

1 x town hall

1 x grand emporium

1 x palace cinema

1 x 7965 millennium falcon

All new/sealed. All for 625. Figured it was a good deal and jumped on it

About $900US worth of parts, figures and sets for a Ninjago MOC for the kids. They haven't even seen the Garmaddon's Fortress, Fire Temple, Ice Dragon, Lightning Dragon, Jay's Figher & Kai Cycle, and Destiny's bounty that are on the way. January was expensive and February wasn't any better!

Oh, and a Rancor Pit for $50CAD at Walmart on clearance.

That sounds like a dream of a bulk lot.

It becomes a nightmare when you have to identify and build all the sets from the lot.

I don't think I'm going to sort it all out and try to build every possible set.  I will build the trains, Modulars, and a couple other sets I've ID'd.  I'll sell the rest as bulk to a local Bricklink store that pays me $5/lb.  I can pay for the lot just in weight alone, so the sets I pull out are the profit.  My biggest issue I'm finding is that there are no stickers on anything.  Those are about the best way to identify sets.  So I'm having to use parts in rare colors so far.  I think, think, there might be the Santa Fe Super Chief in here as well, but I'm only about half way through opening the bags and separating parts.

I don't think I'm going to sort it all out and try to build every possible set.  I will build the trains, Modulars, and a couple other sets I've ID'd.  I'll sell the rest as bulk to a local Bricklink store that pays me $5/lb.  I can pay for the lot just in weight alone, so the sets I pull out are the profit.  My biggest issue I'm finding is that there are no stickers on anything.  Those are about the best way to identify sets.  So I'm having to use parts in rare colors so far.  I think, think, there might be the Santa Fe Super Chief in here as well, but I'm only about half way through opening the bags and separating parts.

The next best thing after pieces with stickers is printed pieces. Sets with those pieces are usually easy to identify.

A local buyer paying $5 per pound for bulk is a good friend to have. Good luck with your sorting, I am almost done with my current lot, unless I find a good one to buy in the next week or so it will be the first time in 3 years that I haven't had a pile of bulk to dig through. I will not know what to do with myself, at least it's almost tourist season so I'll be plenty busy at "work".

Annnnnd...I just bought another Haunted House.

This time from Amazon Warehouse.  I've had good luck so far with WH, so we'll see how it goes with this one.

I wanted a HH for a personal build.  It was $146, just a few dollars less than the Walmart with GC purchases.  Now I'll put the Walmart ones away, and use the WH one for my personal build (as long as it checks out okay).