What Lego set did you buy today?

Picked up 2 Sail Barges today off eBay for 72 each shipped and a Hulk maxifig for 30 a couple of days back.

Contemplating what to get at TRU w/ my 20% off purchase coupon and also will trek out to a WM tomorrow and get the see if they have anything worthy of my $.

What day did you get the tru coupon?

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks to a Nissan Micra developing a fault between steering wheel and seat, I'm unable to mention the 6x Dolphin Cruisers that I would've had for

Thank you, Wal-mart:

4x SW AT-RTs - great parts for MOCs

2x SW A-wings

2x SW Republic Gunship - prob keep 1 to build

1x SW Sailbarge - opened, all internal bags present/sealed. 10% knocked off the $79 clearance price. Will probably build/display this.

2x City cargo heliplane

2x LR Commanche Camp

1x LR Silvermine Shootout

1x Doc Ock Ambush

All clearance prices from 3 different WMs. Associate in the aisles said this is the first round of markdowns, and more to price reductions in advance of the late-Feb toy reset.

you are in Madison, right? walmart app shows $49 constitution trains in stock in portage if you are interested in those. 2 1/2 hours for me is too far. I cut off the travel distance at 90 miles tops (and only for a REALLY good deal). it also shows some in stock in berlin but since it is 70 miles for me I called first and they said they didn't have any, so you may want to call first before wasting a trip.

Last Walmart in town got me. 

(2) Galactic Titan $49 (my first Galaxy Squad sets)

(2) Quinjets $49 (out of 10, only ones worth purchasing)

(2) Cloud Cookoo Palace - Retail, but you can't find these around here, they are always sold out.

(1) Unexpected Gathering $49

They had 3 Bag End sets, but one was re-taped, and the other was beat up.  Actually, they had a lot of beat up sets, and this isn't really a bad Walmart.  They also had all the Castle stuff on sale, but I just can't get into that theme yet, it just doesn't stack up to Kingdoms or the previous Castle line.

Lone Ranger is long gone around here. I guess is has something to do with being in the middle of nowhere, folks identify with Stagecoaches and Steam Engines.

• Like 1

Damn, I didn't realize this set was doing so well. Perhaps I should go back and get the few I left on the shelves:

A-WING

http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=75003-1

Looking at recent sales, this number appears to be a bit high.   Looks like it's selling for about $25 shipped at best right now.  Not that it's a bad set, but $35 is misleading and probably came from some lot sales.

Looking at recent sales, this number appears to be a bit high. Looks like it's selling for about $25 shipped at best right now. Not that it's a bad set, but $35 is misleading and probably came from some lot sales.

Good info both. I passed on boatloads of this yesterday at $17.00 but it wouldn't hurt to own a few....

---Keep it secret. Keep it safe.---

Bought Tower Bridge 10214 from WH for $194.  Very good condition.  Let's see how it arrives.

I figure one of four things will happen:

1. I send it back because it's damaged and too risky that parts are missing.
  2. It comes looking great, and I hold it.
  3. It's in okay shape, and I can sell it as a damaged box.
  4. It's in less than okay shape, so I open it up, put it together, and sell it used.

I'm happy with any of these scenarios.  Enough to take the risk on it being 19% off.

Bought Tower Bridge 10214 from WH for $194.  Very good condition.  Let's see how it arrives.

I figure one of four things will happen:

1. I send it back because it's damaged and too risky that parts are missing.
  2. It comes looking great, and I hold it.
  3. It's in okay shape, and I can sell it as a damaged box.
  4. It's in less than okay shape, so I open it up, put it together, and sell it used.

I'm happy with any of these scenarios.  Enough to take the risk on it being 19% off.

Based on Amazon's recent shipping "issues" with bigger boxes, I think you can safely eliminate 2 and 3--- but who knows.  It is described as Very Good so you have that in your favor. I pity the fool who buys the Ewok Village I'm sending back---I bet they just chuck the box given how it looks and sell as a repackaged item. I'm sending back to them the exact way they sent to me.

Based on Amazon's recent shipping "issues" with bigger boxes, I think you can safely eliminate 2 and 3--- but who knows.  It is described as Very Good so you have that in your favor. I pity the fool who buys the Ewok Village I'm sending back---I bet they just chuck the box given how it looks and sell as a repackaged item. I'm sending back to them the exact way they sent to me.

I've been lucky, in that Amazon continues to send me boxes.  For small and big items.  And for WH items, too.

I'm telling this story here. I love her but, she can't appreciate the story. I'm on my way to a WalMart about 35 minutes away, that I don't usually visit in my day to day travels. I stop at a TRU down the street from the WM to scout out some possible sets for the upcoming BOGO sale. There sitting in the middle of the SW sets is a Imperial Shuttle 10212 set with the security string (what I call it) on it. Are you freaking kidding me? The box has factory seals, couple of the corners are a little crunched, and there is a small tear on front. It listed at retail price of $259.99. I whip out my phone to find value, calculate tax, shipping, listing fees. I see an associate and playin dumb, ask him if ther are any more, because the box is a little damaged. He explained," it was a old set they recently found out back and it was the only one" I asked if there was a discount for the damage box. ( WalMart never does) he said they would give me 20% off. Total cost $220.99 plus 4 Lego movie passes. Best Lego hunting day ever!

• Like 8