What Lego set did you buy today?

Went Ninjago crazy for collecting...

Since Xmas I've bought all four of the original dragons (full sets) the skull truck, Garmaddons fortress, Destinys bounty, Jay's fighter in 3-in-1 pack and some misc digits we didn't have.

We're planning to build a Njnjago battle zone for the kids! The news sets are cool but those dragons are awesome.

Sent from my iPod touch using Brickpicker

Story time...

So, I ran a half marathon this morning.  It was 1 1/2 hours away from home.  It was freezing (well, as freezing as it gets in SoCal, on the beach in February), and I had left my sweatpants at home.  So, I stopped in a random Walgreens just before the race location.

I didn't find any sweatpants, but I did find all of their Lego 50% off.  I pretty much cleaned them out.  Here's what I picked up:

5x Olivia's Beach Buggy 41010 ($4.99 ea)

2x Republic Troopers vs Sith Trooper 75001 ($6.49 ea)

5x Clone Troopers vs Droidekas 75000 ($6.49 ea)

2x Fire Truck 60002 ($9.99 ea)

4x AT-RT 75002 ($9.99 ea)

4x Corporate Alliance Tank Droid 75015 ($9.99 ea)

I checked one other Walgreens in town, and nothing was on sale there.  The entire toy aisle was marked 50% off at the first Walgreens.   Don't know if anyone else will have luck, but I sure felt great today!

(Finished my half marathon in 2:22:50, in case you're wondering.  Slower by 3 minutes from my last half, but I only trained for three weeks this time due to injury).

Story time...

So, I ran a half marathon this morning.  It was 1 1/2 hours away from home.  It was freezing (well, as freezing as it gets in SoCal, on the beach in February), and I had left my sweatpants at home.  So, I stopped in a random Walgreens just before the race location.

I didn't find any sweatpants, but I did find all of their Lego 50% off.  I pretty much cleaned them out.  Here's what I picked up:

5x Olivia's Beach Buggy 41010 ($4.99 ea)

2x Republic Troopers vs Sith Trooper 75001 ($6.49 ea)

5x Clone Troopers vs Droidekas 75000 ($6.49 ea)

2x Fire Truck 60002 ($9.99 ea)

4x AT-RT 75002 ($9.99 ea)

4x Corporate Alliance Tank Droid 75015 ($9.99 ea)

I checked one other Walgreens in town, and nothing was on sale there.  The entire toy aisle was marked 50% off at the first Walgreens.   Don't know if anyone else will have luck, but I sure felt great today!

(Finished my half marathon in 2:22:50, in case you're wondering.  Slower by 3 minutes from my last half, but I only trained for three weeks this time due to injury).

I had this experience at a Walgreens a few days after Christmas.  Except the Walgreens I was at had all toys below $15 at 50% off, so I was only able to pick up some Star Wars battepacks and the small TMNT  set.  Nice random find...

Yeah, I'm a Meijer's-free zone...sucks.  Went to one once when visiting my sister in Ohio, not bad.

Staying on topic, 7x Golden Dragon and 2x Equila's from Target.

You've got the benefit of Shopko, though. There are some pretty mean Shopko clearance sales I'm sure you have taken advantage of...

6271 complete w/ instructions off Craigslist for $15.

You've got the benefit of Shopko, though. There are some pretty mean Shopko clearance sales I'm sure you have taken advantage of...

Best I ever got was Batman/2 Face for $24.99.  Shopko's been pretty dry as of late, unless you count Wargs on clearance for 47.99, lol.

Me too there is only one left for another forum member that goes to the same TRU

2 VC PM $25 each at TRU

5 Golden Dragons $17.10 each

2 Robie $126 each

b wing on eBay for $142.50 NIMB

And some jelly of Bold Arrows score

Did you get the robie's for $126 by price-matching lego.com and then them giving you 10% below the price match? Is that their policy or am I mistaking it for someone else? When I got some mines or moria sets pricematched to target.com @ $40 last week, nobody ever mentioned anything about 10% lower.

Did you get the robie's for $126 by price-matching lego.com and then them giving you 10% below the price match? Is that their policy or am I mistaking it for someone else? When I got some mines or moria sets pricematched to target.com @ $40 last week, nobody ever mentioned anything about 10% lower.

No got them at BN with 30% off Kids club coupon and 10% membership.

Walmart continues to surprise:

All polypags @ $2.95:

6 x 30254: Razcal's Double-Crosser

4 x 30161: Batmobile

12 x 30240: Z-95

4 x 30213: Gandalf at Dol Guldur

Naturally, the cashier asked the obvious question: "what are these for?". Before either of my boys (5 & 6) could say "ebay", I chimed in with "stocking stuffers".  :sheep:

In the same store, I almost had a "cha-ching" moment. On the shelf was a Mindstorm v3 that wouldn't scan at the price scanner in the aisles, had obviously been an opened return. When I took it to customer service counter, it did scan at full retail. When I showed her it had been opened and sealed, she agreed to open it with me, and sure enough all the parts were jammed into two ziploc bags. 

The best she could could offer was 10%. Oh well, no telling if all the parts were present, but the CPU did work. Was I smart to pass on it?

21 by 11 inch boxes...."Stocking Stuffers"  :shifty:

• Like 1

Picked up a couple Lone Ranger Silver Mines at Wal-Mart for $35 on clearance. The trains were marked at $50, but I missed them.

I just picked up 4 of these at my Walmart.  I left one there that was beaten pretty badly.

I picked a couple up.  One will be for building, but I'm on the fence about returning the other.  They're not exactly flying off the shelf at $47 from Amazon, not much room for profit unless this thing takes off.

I picked a couple up.  One will be for building, but I'm on the fence about returning the other.  They're not exactly flying off the shelf at $47 from Amazon, not much room for profit unless this thing takes off.

It's actually a pretty decent build.  I think the Lone Ranger theme will be respectable after full retirement, simply because we haven't had a good western theme in years.

Picked up 33 sets from Walmart today:

x2 LR Train @49

x2 Cargo Heliplane @25

x3 firetrucks @13

x3 monster trucks @21

x1 flatbed truck @13

x2 rancor pit @40

x4 Sup vs. Lex @11

x6 Treehouse @21

x1 Grand Prix Truck @21

x1 LR calvary @11

x1 LR comanche camp @11

x2 LR Coly Showdown @35

x5 LOTR Blackgate @40

• Like 1

Nice score Where at?

Picked it up at Walmart on clearance......

Left behinde:

(1) 9468 30% off.......bad box

(3) Monster Trains $54......all bad box's (water damage)

(2) Silver Mines $35

(2) Darth Mal fighters $35

and a few other City Sets.......

I ran out of money....... :cry: