What Lego set did you buy today?

I went to the LEGO Store and bought the Winter Village Cottage, the Winter Village Market and The Delorean time machine.  I got the Pick a Brick Box free, the Exclusive holiday set free and a Boba Fett Keychain free. I also have reached the $80.00 mark in VIP Points, not sure what to do with them but I think I have to do something by the end of December or I'll start losing some.

Bought a bunch of stuff from LEGO Shop at Home. Not very many good things on sale for Black Friday, but the stuff that was on sale was pretty heavily reduced. Picked up plenty of storage containers as they were cheap, mini modulars for an Xmas gift (not for me, I prefer the big ones  :ahappy:) Barrel Escape, 1/2 off Duplo sets for friends kids, and a bunch of other things. Most of my spending cash went to non-Lego BF deals. All around great day. 

Just got back from WalMart. 10 minutes before the 30% off all lego Manager's special ended they brought out all the new Hobbit sets which also rang up at 30% off. Couldn't resist buying four of the 79013, one of the most attractive sets I've seen in a long time (reminds me of Diagon Alley). Also loaded up on a lot of superhero sets (76005, 76007, 76006).. then they extended the manager's specials until 4pm...

Also found one 6868 at target, paid full price. 

Picked up a VW camper in store. Was planning to redeem my VIP points to bring it down to $105, but system was down. Boo urns :(

They did give me the pick a brick box and the Christmas promo though. No fuss about doubling up on promotions today, odd!

Also they have peel-and-win cards they were handing out to all shoppers. I got the crappiest prize which was the free keychain, but for that you don't need to make a purchase.

Picked up a VW camper in store. Was planning to redeem my VIP points to bring it down to $105, but system was down. Boo urns :(

They did give me the pick a brick box and the Christmas promo though. No fuss about doubling up on promotions today, odd!

Also they have peel-and-win cards they were handing out to all shoppers. I got the crappiest prize which was the free keychain, but for that you don't need to make a purchase.

One of those peel-and-win cards had a $1,000 shopping spree from Lego. Whoever got that must have been really happy.

One of those peel-and-win cards had a $1,000 shopping spree from Lego. Whoever got that must have been really happy.

They need to announce the winner on the website or at least which store scored the card.  There is only one $1000 card for the entire US so it is kind of a big deal.

I got a free $16.99 set on Saturday and used it on the fox speedorz.  I was prepared to buy 1 for a gift anyway, so getting it for free was a nice bonus :thumbsup:

They need to announce the winner on the website or at least which store scored the card.  There is only one $1000 card for the entire US so it is kind of a big deal.

I got a free $16.99 set on Saturday and used it on the fox speedorz.  I was prepared to buy 1 for a gift anyway, so getting it for free was a nice bonus :thumbsup:

That would be nice hear who won the shopping spree and which store they were at. Now I want to go back to my local Lego store and try again to see if I win anything better than a free key chain.

Problem is, $1000 isn't a big deal.  We could all spend that without even thinking about it.  For a 1-of-a-kind for the season, more like 10-20k would have been better.  Tightwads.

My kids want the new Ninjago sets and the Town Square. Went to Toysrus and got the Town Sqaure. There were at least 50 when I was there at 10am. Only bought one. Also saw the new ninjago sets but did not want to play the inflated price.

Then headed over to walmart for the 30% off lego. What did I see? All the new Ninjago sets on the shelf!!! Quickly grabbed one of each :-) 30% off for the new Ninjago sets and x'mas shopping is done.

$1,000 for me would have been so super sweet! Besides, it was free money afterall.

I think it would have been cool if every Lego store had this prize, but to have only 1 overall is weak.  Lego is a billion dollar company.  This sort of prize is something that your local gas station gives out for the holidays.

first time in a decade ive gone out for BF deals ...

12x 6862 @ 10.50

2x 6869 @ 48.97

1x 6868 @ 34.97

1x 76004 @ 13.97

1x 79106 @ 9.07

1x 79111 @ 62.97

2x 6873 @ 20.97

9x 76000 @ 13.97

10x 70503 @ 17.47

from only two walmarts and ive left many more on the shelves ... many of them with prices ive seen the lowest of the season anywhere ...

I think it would have been cool if every Lego store had this prize, but to have only 1 overall is weak.  Lego is a billion dollar company.  This sort of prize is something that your local gas station gives out for the holidays.

That's true. A single grand prize for the whole continent was weak, and I wonder how they decided as to which store ended up with it? I doubt the choice was completely random.