What Lego set did you buy today?

I saw a Friends ice cream stand polybag at the new Target that just opened here. Checked the going prices on ebay, going for only about $6! I thought exclusives hold their value usually around $10-15? Was it because there was a flood of them from ppl finding it in Target stores? Or Friends theme just not that popular?

I saw a Friends ice cream stand polybag at the new Target that just opened here. Checked the going prices on ebay, going for only about $6! I thought exclusives hold their value usually around $10-15? Was it because there was a flood of them from ppl finding it in Target stores? Or Friends theme just not that popular?

This is the second time target has had that polybag. Lego also had it for a bonus item a few months ago.

Expensive week, sheesh!

Yesterday and Today:

Lego Shop

2 x VW Camper Vans

2 x Winter Village Truck Promo

Toys R Us

2 x Technic Tow Truck - $35.99 each

4 x TMNT: Baxter Robot Rampage - $22.49 each

4 x Star Wars: Battle of Hoth - $26.99

1 x Christmas Tree Promo - Free

4 x Iron Man and Fighting Drone - Free (got them to substitute)

5 x $10 Gift Card

Wal-Mart

1 x Star Wars: Republic Gunship - $69.99 using E-Gift card

Amazon

1 x Star Wars: Republic Gunship - $79.99

1 x Batman vs. Mr Freeze - $14.99

Walked in a Barnes and Noble and there is a Trex Hunter 5886 sitting there!!! I used my membership, 20% coupon, and a mastercard for 40% off. I got it for $45!!!

Don't you love instant appreciation? Now I get to stash it away for a couple of years already knowing its winner. If only it was always that easy.

That is a fantastic price. Very cool set all around. 

Shelves at tru needed dusting.. Poof .. Like it never happened .. attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Dude! Awesome haul  :drool:

2014 Ninjago line.  In hand, ready to roll.

Nice. Should be able to make some nice $ for having them early. Best of luck, not that you`ll need it with those.

Received my Republic Gunship (7676) I bought on EBay for $49 + $12 shipping.  After I bought it, I messaged the seller to remind him to double-box it and pack it well.  He replied and said it was his son's and his son listed it with the wrong price.  It was supposed to be listed at $149.  I told him he could cancel the transaction and refund me the money, but he replied and said thanks for my understanding, but he "talked to his son and it's a good learning experience for him, it will ship out tomorrow."  The box is in pretty good shape, so I'm going to put it together, clean it up a bit, and sell it in a couple weeks.  I need to hide it from my son.  I plan to get him one of the new Republic Gunships with the proceeds from this one.  :thumbsup:

I had to spend about $20 on 2 minifigs (Plo-Koon and Obi-Wan) and 2 plates that weren't the right color, but I listed it last night and it already sold for $170.

I saw thew new hobbit sets at the TRU I was at today, didn't try to buy though. Has anyone successfully purchased them? I thought they weren't coming out until 2014!

Street date from Lego was supposed to be December 1 on these sets.  TRU put them on the shelf early last week, and pulled them, but then put them out a couple days later and were allowed to sell them.  I picked up Mirkwood Elf Army for the figures, but will wait on the others.  I don't see myself investing in this line very heavily, though the Elf set I think will be a winner since people love to army build those guys.

Street date from Lego was supposed to be December 1 on these sets.  TRU put them on the shelf early last week, and pulled them, but then put them out a couple days later and were allowed to sell them.  I picked up Mirkwood Elf Army for the figures, but will wait on the others.  I don't see myself investing in this line very heavily, though the Elf set I think will be a winner since people love to army build those guys.

I ordered a few from tru.com the first day they were available. Sold 2 on amazon already for $100 each. This was the laketown chase set.