What Lego set did you buy today?

Almost at "Its a little better, but my wife may still leave me".

My goal is "eh, this wont be the reason my wife leaves me at least"

You're really got to get over that hump, it's just not worth it... because you might need her later when there is a instance of a limit per person when you're buying lego.

Guest eightbrick

I got about 40 at 5  bucks a piece hoping to get the same performance as the lego ghost polybag.. sadly it hasn't really been moving. :(

Wait the monster fighter clock one? That one's valued at 11 bucks with the drone and iron man at 10.97. Seems like a perfect flipping opportunity but I'm not really into that (haven't sold a thing yet after about 10-11 months of investing).

Wait the monster fighter clock one? That one's valued at 11 bucks with the drone and iron man at 10.97. Seems like a perfect flipping opportunity but I'm not really into that (haven't sold a thing yet after about 10-11 months of investing).

That is true, but in the last month the value on the Drones have come down, because they are readily available in many TRU in the states down, along with Robin Polybag. I bought a bunch of them in October as well, thinking they were a good flip, but as of right now, not so much. If you bought at $5, then you could make $2 or so minus fees, not quite what we were hoping for ($4-5). Just not worth it right now. They are great little bags though, so I`ll be keeping mine stashed away till at least next year (keep in mind Avengers #2 is out in 2015, and could raise the value for Iron Man stuff). Just have to wait and see. 

I got about 40 at 5  bucks a piece hoping to get the same performance as the lego ghost polybag.. sadly it hasn't really been moving.  :(

You`ll make decent money on those. Just hang on for another year here at least and see what the market does. Iron will not be going anywhere anytime soon, and now that value on this set has pretty much come down as much as it is going to, only place left to go is up. Just takes time. 

I disagree. We've sold quite a few robins and iron drones and made good profit on each! 

Also bought 23 baxters today for half price. Such a good steal for this set. 

Fair enough. I respect that, given that you actually have a store, I just read/examine data and listings. 

I`m jealous of the Baxters at that price, for those who got them. Would definitely be buying if they came down to that price up here. 

Guest ph4tb0i

I disagree. We've sold quite a few robins and iron drones and made good profit on each! 

I've sold off all my robins early on, and i made a good profit on those. Sold about 75 ghost clock ones at ~11 a piece and made good profit on those too. 

But like @rtisan said, the supply of the drones has really hit ebay so it's hard for me to make profit on that right now. 

Out of curiosity, what kind of plastic bags caused the concern? Is this a "no-no" in general? What's the affect on the box?

Or, if my sarcasm detector was working, was the item shipped in something no more sturdy than plastic bags? Sorry, I'm a software DEV, I tend to get literal.

Thanks,

OK, I see I wasn't very clear. The plastic bags were the ONLY thing he used. Well, that and some tape to keep the bags together.

I'm a software developer as well, so I know what you mean ;)

• Like 1

Did the same thing, but despite being an exclusive - this set worries me. I built one and I just don't see the appeal... hopefully the Baxter/April minifigs hold value through any future set waves.

OK, I see I wasn't very clear. The plastic bags were the ONLY thing he used. Well, that and some tape to keep the bags together.

I'm a software developer as well, so I know what you mean ;)

I'm sure if we took a poll, there'd be a high percentage of  :geek:  on this site. 

Sorry your item was wrapped as such. I suppose it's slightly better than being wrapped in toilet paper... 

Tank trucks x 9 10.99 each

Garbage truck x1 10.99

Gold getaway x5

Forest smbush x5

Gatehouse x5

Battle of hoth x10

Technic mini offroader x7

City satellite x10

Technic tractor x8

Tow truck pickup x4

This was all on layawy though. Gotta lock those prices in and pay it off over time. Gonna hit my other tru tomorrow for layaway.

This tru told me they never got the trees in. I was told to bring my receipt in later and theyll give me a few if they ever get em in.

I also stopped at my lego store and saw a whole counter of orc forges, but all were marked down to 31.99. I was really looking for friends advents. Those were all gone. Chatted a worker up who seemed knowledgable about some sets as a concerned parent. He didnt hesitate to say if he didnt know something but he did say that lego will be making more architecture studios and that it wasnt intended to be a limited run. He said theyll be likely out sometime late first quarterish. He said they manufacture most sets kn 4 month cycles.

I grabbed an orc forge while I was there.

Tank trucks x 9 10.99 each

Garbage truck x1 10.99

Gold getaway x5

Forest smbush x5

Gatehouse x5

Battle of hoth x10

Technic mini offroader x7

City satellite x10

Technic tractor x8

Tow truck pickup x4

This was all on layawy though. Gotta lock those prices in and pay it off over time. Gonna hit my other tru tomorrow for layaway.

This tru told me they never got the trees in. I was told to bring my receipt in later and theyll give me a few if they ever get em in.

I also stopped at my lego store and saw a whole counter of orc forges, but all were marked down to 31.99. I was really looking for friends advents. Those were all gone. Chatted a worker up who seemed knowledgable about some sets as a concerned parent. He didnt hesitate to say if he didnt know something but he did say that lego will be making more architecture studios and that it wasnt intended to be a limited run. He said theyll be likely out sometime late first quarterish. He said they manufacture most sets kn 4 month cycles.

I grabbed an orc forge while I was there.

I'd go get the rest of those forges if I were you, especially at that price.

• Like 1

Went grocery shopping this morning at Superstore and browsed the Lego isle, as usual. 1 lone Catwomen Cycle Chase. I bought 15 of them about a month or two back (all the good boxed ones, left the rest) not sure how I missed this one, maybe a return. It looked great, so naturally I bought it with the vegetables, amongst other things  :laugh: Not really anything else on sale, and nothing else worth picking up. $10.44 for the set, same as the others.