What Lego set did you buy today?

Anyone else receive their Grand Prix Racers (42000) from Amazon.co.uk yet?  I received mine today and the boxes were pretty bad, but none of the seals were broken.  It's a good week for me to be an Amazon customer. 

I chatted with a CSR and explained,

Me: "I received order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the shipping box and boxes containing the items inside are badly damaged. This is a collectible item and Amazon.co.uk no longer has it in stock on the website. The shipping box did not have adequate packing inside to protect the items."

CSR:  "Thanks for waiting. I am sorry about the condition of the item when arrived. We will investigate this issue with our fulfillment center and the carrier to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  And, I will issue a full refund for this order and you need not return anything to us."

This, even after Amazon US shipped me another Architecture Studio free of charge to replace the damaged original.  I'm holding my breath to see how my City: Cargo Train arrives.  The last few orders of Train Stations and Emma's Horse Trailers have arrived in great condition.

12 x 9471 @ $26.99

Found at an "off the beaten path" Walmart. Always good for a stare from the cashier when you roll up with a cart full of the same LEGO. Almost like they don't want to check you out - 'just keep moving, weird-o'.

They also had 3 x 6868, but the boxes were mangy and covered with what looked to be old, gooey silly string. As I already have 9 of them, I passed.

Guest TabbyBoy

Wow, you're on a roll! That converts to what, 45 bucks each American/Canadian? Do you know if they have good international shipping?

The sale has ended now but, they have good offers about twice a year.  Not sure about shipping, go to Argos dot co dot uk.  At that price, I kept ordering in 9's until they ran out.

Guest TabbyBoy

Nice. Yep, coast guard should do well, especially the plane and patrol as you said. Hopefully they retire quietly in spring.

Spring 2015 probably as it's still fairly new.  Honestly, I don't accept 2yr product cycles anymore as they now appear to be much longer.

Thinkgeek is fantastic, why are you concerned it might not ship?

They had two coupons that weren't suppossed to stack we don't think. Made all Lego 50% off. So I bought a lot of stuff.

It did ship though. Others didn't so I got lucky.

I have a little case of buyer's remorse over this one, but we'll see if it pans out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331064303608

Heh - worth a shot!

Guest brickcrazyhouse

bought five of the Orc forges and sold them 2 hours later for 25% profit!!

Bought five Orc Forges. Going to stash them away for a while.

hehe probably not to each other but fun to think

I have recently went on a train buying binge. Bought a new 79111 Constitution, new 7938 Passenger train, and a used 4841 Hogwarts train and cars only.

I plan on taking parts from all three and making a motorized Christmas train. Selling off the extra parts will make this a relatively cheap motorized train setup with lots of track.

Also bought a 7194 Yoda for my newborns room.

Anyone else receive their Grand Prix Racers (42000) from Amazon.co.uk yet?  I received mine today and the boxes were pretty bad, but none of the seals were broken.  It's a good week for me to be an Amazon customer. 

I chatted with a CSR and explained,

Me: "I received order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the shipping box and boxes containing the items inside are badly damaged. This is a collectible item and Amazon.co.uk no longer has it in stock on the website. The shipping box did not have adequate packing inside to protect the items."

CSR:  "Thanks for waiting. I am sorry about the condition of the item when arrived. We will investigate this issue with our fulfillment center and the carrier to make sure that this doesn't happen again.  And, I will issue a full refund for this order and you need not return anything to us."

This, even after Amazon US shipped me another Architecture Studio free of charge to replace the damaged original.  I'm holding my breath to see how my City: Cargo Train arrives.  The last few orders of Train Stations and Emma's Horse Trailers have arrived in great condition.

Yes. Two of my three 42000s were damaged in shipment. The two replacements were also damaged and I refused delivery. In the end, the damage wasn't too bad and I didn't want to keep dealing with it, so I ended up getting a small discount (15%) and just kept the damaged items.

Yes. Two of my three 42000s were damaged in shipment. The two replacements were also damaged and I refused delivery. In the end, the damage wasn't too bad and I didn't want to keep dealing with it, so I ended up getting a small discount (15%) and just kept the damaged items.

I already flipped mine for $110 each.  I'm waiting on the next sale and I'll order some more.