What Lego set did you buy today?

Check after Christmas too. I snagged a pair of cottages for half price in late February/early March. There were like 8 of them sitting on the shelves for ages at that price (should have picked up more :D )

Oh yea, I forgot about that. I might make a trip to check it out after Christmas.  I just wish my Lego Store was closer.

There was a *reusable* 40% off one item coupon good for last week, at select stores (luckily 4 stores near me). That plus stacked 10% member, plus they have a buy a $75 gift card, get a free $10 card deal. So bought gift cards first to pay with. Crazy deal.

I've been a member at B&****** for eight years and I've never even heard of a 40% coupon. AND it was reusable? Shenanigans! Explain yourself or don't, if it was my secret I wouldn't share it probably.

Edit: yeah, okay, I found it pretty easily. Well, I found the page where it was before it expired. As always, thank you for shopping at Barnes & Noble.

Friends

Heartlake Stables: $24.96 (Walmart sticker price :blink:)

....I still cannot believe I found this for half off! That is just insane. Somebody had to mess up.

Olivia's Beach Buggy: $7.99 (Target matched Amazon)

Remembered this time. :thumbsup:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

The Shellraiser Chase: $44.99

Seems I just managed on price matching Amazon at Target with this at the right time because it is already sold out on Amazon yet again! :frantics:

Anyway, now I have all the TMNT sets except for Baxter Robot Rampage. :yahoo:

Star Wars

BARC Speeder with sidecar: $14.00 (Walmart sticker price)

Yet another oddity I came across in the clearance aisle.

Total: $91.94

Saved: $53.02

Glad to use the last of my Target coupons on that turtle set and have those out of my hair worrying about expiration dates and whatnot. About half of the money I saved ended up paying for some more extras from Series 11.

I had a $10 gift card left over from buying Palpatine's Arrest the other day at Toys R Us.  Went in today and they still had the 4 Vampyre Castles they started the week with.  I left with a Vampyre Castle and 3 City: Tanker Trucks for $85.39 out the door.  I used the $10 off $100 coupon I received with the coupon book and also got the 10% off for using my TRU Credit Card on a Saturday.

Bought at Collishop webshop:

1 Tower Bridge 10214 (18% discount)

1 R2-D2 10225 (18% discount)

Bought at the Lego Store:

1 Winter Village Cottage 10229

1 Holiday Magnet 853353

For free :jig: (opening of Lego Store in Belgium...)

1 Lego Brand Retail Shop 3300003

1 Chima warrior 30250

1 Pick-your-brick-box coupon

It feels like Christmas morning... :santa:

• Like 1

I've been a member at B&****** for eight years and I've never even heard of a 40% coupon. AND it was reusable? Shenanigans! Explain yourself or don't, if it was my secret I wouldn't share it probably.

Edit: yeah, okay, I found it pretty easily. Well, I found the page where it was before it expired. As always, thank you for shopping at Barnes & Noble.

I know it's expired, but for future reference can you share where you found it at?

I know this is laughable, but I just got my very first set. It was a tiny polybag giraffe from Toys R' Us, and I love it! I am planning to buy more.

Congrats. I can't even remember my first set. I got it when I was about 2 or 3. All I know is that it was some sort of Star Wars set. I think I still have the set today.

What's the deal with these ultrabuilds?  Some, like Green Lantern, are essentially worthless.  Others, like Iron Man, have done very well.  Were some more available than others?  I disliked them completely, so I don't have any of them, but just wondering why some seem to be great investments and others are bottom feeders.

I think Iron Man is just a popular character to begin with. Then you add on the success of the movies as well as being in the avengers.

Guest TabbyBoy

What's the deal with these ultrabuilds?  Some, like Green Lantern, are essentially worthless.  Others, like Iron Man, have done very well.  Were some more available than others?  I disliked them completely, so I don't have any of them, but just wondering why some seem to be great investments and others are bottom feeders.

Captain America, Batman & Ironman are the most valuable in that order hence I just HAD to have that Batman.  Green Lantern, Hulk & Joker are not worth touching.  I don't like them either to be honest but the first 3 are worth investing in.  I also have a job-lot of 28 Ironmen that I bought for