What Lego set did you buy today?

I bought a 7346 Seaside House at Target. Here's the story...

So earlier today, I went on an errand run with my mom, which included a "brief" trip to Target in search of clearanced Halloween candy, and of course, LEGOs. I obviously hit the LEGO aisle first, and didn't see any red clearance tags on the shelf, much to my disappointment. I settled for trying my hand at the Series 11 minifigures, which I was about to find a Ginger Bread Man, and an Elf, my two favorites in the series. After I was told that we would be leaving in 5 minutes, I did another quick scan of the LEGO aisle, and behold!! 30% off LEGO Planet Series 2 and 3 sets! Big whoop. Then I glanced through the LEGO Creator sets, and there it was...a 7346 Seaside House clearanced 30%, in the ugliest box you might ever see. Slightly disappointed, I moved the box aside to reveal another copy of the same set, with some creases and dents, but still a solid 30% off, at about $35. I decided to bring it home, and see what potential it might offer.

After checking out, I went over the receipt, and things didn't add up. The total should have been at least $40 because we had bought a few bags of candy. But it was a mere $24.40! The fact is, the set was discounted about 70% off to $14.98! A very pleasant surprise! :D I probably wouldn't have posted at all about this find if it had not been for that surprise. I didn't go back for the other set, because it was simply attrocious, and I doubted that it had all the bags in it, BUT, I did save quite a buttload! 

• Like 2

Build & Rebuild

Pink Box: $14.99

Friends

Andrea's Bedroom: $7.99 (Target matched Amazon)

Emma's Sports Car: $11.72 (Target matched Amazon)

I forgot to pick up Olivia's Beach Buggy. :wacko: Come to think of it, that was sold out I believe. Ah well, another time

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Turtle Lair Attack: $34.99

I should have got this for $29.99 but some sh*t went down and I'll get to that later. Story at 11. :P

Books

Lego Minifigure - Year by Year - A Visual History: $29.28 (Target matched Amazon)

This thing is massive! :o It also retails for $40 as per the back of the book. Yeesh.

Seasonal

Witch: $2.49 x 8 = $19.92

I so hit the motherload here! A seasonal polybag with 71 parts for half off! I almost bought all of them but did not. I wanted someone else to feel the joy.

Total: $118.89

Saved: $50.99

Build & Rebuild

Pink Box: $14.99

Friends

Andrea's Bedroom: $7.99 (Target matched Amazon)

Emma's Sports Car: $11.72 (Target matched Amazon)

I forgot to pick up Olivia's Beach Buggy. :wacko: Come to think of it, that was sold out I believe. Ah well, another time

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Turtle Lair Attack: $34.99

I should have got this for $29.99 but some sh*t went down and I'll get to that later. Story at 11. :P

Books

Lego Minifigure - Year by Year - A Visual History: $29.28 (Target matched Amazon)

This thing is massive! :o It also retails for $40 as per the back of the book. Yeesh.

Seasonal

Witch: $2.49 x 8 = $19.92

I so hit the motherload here! A seasonal polybag with 71 parts for half off! I almost bought all of them but did not. I wanted someone else to feel the joy.

Total: $118.89

Saved: $50.99

Nice savings. Why did you decide to get Target to price match Amazon rather than buying directly from Amazon?

Nice savings. Why did you decide to get Target to price match Amazon rather than buying directly from Amazon?

It is just easier for me to pick up the set at Target when I do my regular shopping instead of ordering it from Amazon then wait for it to arrive hopefully in one piece. Not a dig at Amazon's shipping; I just like physically picking the best on the shelf for myself....even if I am going to tear open that box....soon. :devil: Plus I was wanting to price match and then add a couple of coupons at Target but that didn't work out so well. :wacko: Ah well, live and learn.

Yowza, I don't think I've seen 10 total Helm's Deep at all the Wal-Marts near me.  Did you get a discount?

yea they were site to store pick up same day for 106. All of the sudden they were available where as last month they were all gone. Seems like some stock has been held over.

Today I stacked some coupons at TRU on four 70014 Swamp Hideouts. They surprisingly sell them at regular retail($69.99), and are exclusive to TRU. I used my TRU card to get 10% off. Next I used a 20% off total purchase of regular priced merchandise coupon. Finally I used four $5 rewards coupons I had from previous purchases to knock another $20 off. The grand total came to $193.66 after tax, which breaks down to $48.42 each, or 35% off. Regular retail on four after tax is $295.36, so I saved $101.70. I am pretty happy with this deal. It's a cool set with a decent amount of pieces and it's a base which should do fairly well once eol.

I also received a free mini figure collector case ($19.99) value for purchasing a lego set over $60.

Hi

Hoping you all could give me some small advise.

I live in Denmark, home of Lego  :thumbsup:  , but on the other hand, Lego is very expensive in Denmark.

Today there are a few good offers before Christmas, what would you buy, if any?

42009 LEGO Technic Mobilkran MK II, normal price 1.600 DKK (290USD), now 825 DKK (150USD)

9398 LEGO Technic 4WD crawler, normal price 1.500 DKK (270USD), now 750 DKK (135USD)

9500 LEGO Star Wars Sith Fury-class Interceptor, normal price 900 DKK (160USD), now 405 DKK (75USD)

(I already have 5*9500 at this price)

My choice is the 9398 LEGO Technic 4WD crawler, because of 50 % discount and soon to be EOL.

What would you buy, if any?

Welcome to the site! Not very many people from the homeland of Lego over here.

I would agree with the 9398.

42009 is a 2013 set so probably still a long time before this retires and starts to rise in value (assuming it will).

I myself am not really into Star Wars but I do think the 9500 is a nice ship. But since you already have five of them, I would let this go and diversify a little more. Besides, Amazon sells them for

Hi

Hoping you all could give me some small advise.

I live in Denmark, home of Lego  :thumbsup:  , but on the other hand, Lego is very expensive in Denmark.

Today there are a few good offers before Christmas, what would you buy, if any?

42009 LEGO Technic Mobilkran MK II, normal price 1.600 DKK (290USD), now 825 DKK (150USD)

9398 LEGO Technic 4WD crawler, normal price 1.500 DKK (270USD), now 750 DKK (135USD)

9500 LEGO Star Wars Sith Fury-class Interceptor, normal price 900 DKK (160USD), now 405 DKK (75USD)

(I already have 5*9500 at this price)

My choice is the 9398 LEGO Technic 4WD crawler, because of 50 % discount and soon to be EOL.

What would you buy, if any?

I would go with the 9398. The 50% discount is a very good incentive to buy it, plus it may EOL soon. Surprising that the Lego prices in Denmark are so expensive. I really thought that they would be substantially lower because Denmark is the home of Lego.