What Lego set did you buy today?

Guest eightbrick

I picked up a UCS X-Wing with the free Y-Wing at Toysrus.com.  I had a couple gift cards and I could only use one of my Rewards certificates, but it took  away the sting a little.  I may just flip the Y-Wing this Christmas.  If I can clear $40 for it, I'll consider it a success.

Sounds like a good deal to me! I hadn't even realized Lego had a Y-Wing available... very nice!

Sounds like a good deal to me! I hadn't even realized Lego had a Y-Wing available... very nice!

TRU exclusive. Its actually a really solid set with decent figs. I like it a lot. 

I may think about a Bwing when my rewards dollars come in tomorrow. Would be $115 after I sold the Ywing for what I assume I could get for it.

2 more Helms Deep from amazon.com.

They're limiting 2 per purchase, and I'm curious to know if the amazon.com well has run dry or will they "release" the purchase limit hold in a few days? Maybe after the order has been shipped or fulfilled?

From what I recall, Amazon has had a limit on those for a LONG time, for no specific reason I can tell. Might be part of why they are still available for so long?

Over the past five days I have made five separate orders from shop at home for ten Halloween accessory sets (on sale for 10.48 each), two summer riding camps, and three Volkswagen campers total. Hopefully I receive five Christmas tree stand sets as well, since each order qualified to receive one. Throw in the double VIP points, and I am pretty excited about theses purchases. I will hold the Halloween and Christmas tree stands for a year or two as well as the big sets.

Rancor Pit for $38 and change shipped from Kmart after coupon and a few SYWR points. Needed another one to pair with Jabba's Palace.

Has anyone else had major issues buying from Kmart's website?  I went to order the LotR Pirate Ship Ambush, as I had the $10 off coupon plus a Kmart gift card that's been sitting around collecting dust.  It gave me the option of just picking up in store, and pointed to a Kmart down the road that had it in.  So I ordered, got the confirmation email to go pick it up.  When I got to the store, they had pulled Goblin King Battle for me, and showed me how the item number on my email for the pirate ship matched the goblin king set.  Needless to say, they didn't have any pirate ships on the shelf so I wasted my time.   What a joke of a site, can't even get their inventories straight?

Another 4x4 Crawler bonanza. Picked up 5 halloween 3 figure sets, 3 beach scene sets, and 3 spring scene sets to qualify for a free christmas box. Then got 2 more 4x4 crawlers in separate transactions to get 2 more christmas boxes, plus the double VIP points. That brings me to 4 4x4 crawlers and 5 christmas box sets, and I only ever expected to have 1 christmas box set when this month started. The clerk said they sold 17 4x4 crawlers over the weekend and they still have more on hand. Check this space tomorrow. ;)

Has anyone else had major issues buying from Kmart's website?  I went to order the LotR Pirate Ship Ambush, as I had the $10 off coupon plus a Kmart gift card that's been sitting around collecting dust.  It gave me the option of just picking up in store, and pointed to a Kmart down the road that had it in.  So I ordered, got the confirmation email to go pick it up.  When I got to the store, they had pulled Goblin King Battle for me, and showed me how the item number on my email for the pirate ship matched the goblin king set.  Needless to say, they didn't have any pirate ships on the shelf so I wasted my time.   What a joke of a site, can't even get their inventories straight?

Yes, this has happened to a few folks.  I can't explain it.  I don't ever select anything for store pickup if I don't know for a fact it's in stock at a store near me.

From what I recall, Amazon has had a limit on those for a LONG time, for no specific reason I can tell. Might be part of why they are still available for so long?

I've purchased two (2) of them on August 2nd. I don't recall if the limit was in place at that time, most likely was. Oh well - other avenues to explore.

That's funny, second round of clearance on that set. Not many toys can boast that lol.

Yeah, and the only time I found a Falcon for $70 before, was at this same Walmart. But when the reload happened a few months back, I know for a fact they had it back in at full price. They must really not like this set at this location. :-)