What Lego set did you buy today?

I am in Munich for one day only, so after my meetings ended today I did the only logical thing and walked a mile to a train station, took two trains, and went to one of the Lego stores in a mall.  :frantics:

I was mostly after the Star Wars series 4 planet sets since we can't get them in the states. Grabbed 4 at some department store for 20% off, which brought them down to about 10 euro each. Then hit the Lego store and grabbed 4 more so I could have a couple of complete sets. They didn't have many of them. While there I also grabbed a Pirate minifig pack I didn't recognize, although now I see it isn't anything special, just never noticed it before. 

Getting it did put me over 55 euro though, so I got the Holiday set, double VIP, and the planet sets!

On the planet sets - I got an extra set to bring back to trade or sell if someone in the states is dying to have them to complete their collection. I also have one extra bwing planet set. Shoot me a PM, there are a couple of sets I would trade them for. 

Oh what a day. Finally went to the Lego store to get some double VIP points. Original plan was to get a Christmas market set and get the free christmas box as well. But even with 5 clone polybags I figured I might as well get one more since the promo ends soon. So I got a Star Wars Z-95 for personal use, plus a fall scene polybag and 5 more of the Halloween 3 figure sets at half off. So I get the clone and the box and I'm feeling pretty good with myself. Then I see it. A 4x4 Ltd Edition Crawler on the shelf. I go over and sure enough the box is in pristine condition. Not only do I not have any but I've never even seen one in the flesh before. Where did this come from I'm thinking, and with uncanny timing the hovering clerk says "We just got a bunch of these in." It's in my hands in seconds. So I get it and another free christmas box and I ask the cashier if they're likely to get more. "We have 5 more in the back." I'm stunned. I didn't even know what to do with myself. I eventually left thinking I'm already way past my monthly budget already (had been before entering the store in fact but that's another matter), but when will this opportunity happen again? I am very tempted to go back tonight or tomorrow and get 2 more if possible. 

Guest TabbyBoy

2x Haunted House & 2x Kingdoms Chess via a friend from LEGO Shop at Home as I'm no longer a VIP.  I'm hoping they get the Xmas set but, not holding my breath.

Oh what a day. Finally went to the Lego store to get some double VIP points. Original plan was to get a Christmas market set and get the free christmas box as well. But even with 5 clone polybags I figured I might as well get one more since the promo ends soon. So I got a Star Wars Z-95 for personal use, plus a fall scene polybag and 5 more of the Halloween 3 figure sets at half off. So I get the clone and the box and I'm feeling pretty good with myself. Then I see it. A 4x4 Ltd Edition Crawler on the shelf. I go over and sure enough the box is in pristine condition. Not only do I not have any but I've never even seen one in the flesh before. Where did this come from I'm thinking, and with uncanny timing the hovering clerk says "We just got a bunch of these in." It's in my hands in seconds. So I get it and another free christmas box and I ask the cashier if they're likely to get more. "We have 5 more in the back." I'm stunned. I didn't even know what to do with myself. I eventually left thinking I'm already way past my monthly budget already (had been before entering the store in fact but that's another matter), but when will this opportunity happen again? I am very tempted to go back tonight or tomorrow and get 2 more if possible. 

That didn't take long. Went back to the store today (this is now about 2 hours of my time today) and got another 4x4 Crawler (plus christmas box set). As happy as I am with this purchase, I dealt with a totally different cashier and so it crossed my mind that I could have bought another one even though they are limiting sales to 2 per family. Their points system is down today so even the computer couldn't tell her if I'd bought one already. But some combination of holiday spirit combined with the image of my wife and credit card both growling at me stayed my hand on getting a third. If I wake up tonight thinking about getting another one then I may make another trip. 

My portfolio value charts now look completely different based on these 2 sets as the profit has zoomed up and the pie charts have been thrown off quite a bit too.

Guest TabbyBoy

Did you get banned?

I got a B-wing sealed damaged box for $120.

I was treated like a criminal by an old witch on the phone when I politely asked about why I only had 1 Xmas promo in 6 orders.  It ended with me shredding my VIP card, Legoland pass and writing a complaint letter about her and posted it to head office in Billund.  Therefore, I banned myself and feel better for it.  Whether I get a reply to that letter, time will tell.  I only want an apology or news that she's been fired not fobbed off with a gift or VIP points.

I was treated like a criminal by an old witch on the phone when I politely asked about why I only had 1 Xmas promo in 6 orders.  It ended with me shredding my VIP card, Legoland pass and writing a complaint letter about her and posted it to head office in Billund.  Therefore, I banned myself and feel better for it.  Whether I get a reply to that letter, time will tell.  I only want an apology or news that she's been fired not fobbed off with a gift or VIP points.

Heh, nice. I hate when people act like that on the phone. It would be different if not everyone was getting them without an issue. Just wish they would stick to a policy.

Wow that`s harsh. Good for you though! I respect people who take a stand for something, even if I wouldn`t personally support it. 

I picked up a UCS X-Wing with the free Y-Wing at Toysrus.com.  I had a couple gift cards and I could only use one of my Rewards certificates, but it took  away the sting a little.  I may just flip the Y-Wing this Christmas.  If I can clear $40 for it, I'll consider it a success.