What Lego set did you buy today?

Only things of interest I picked up recently worth sharing:

4 x Winter Village Post Shop 10222

4 x Winter Village Bakery 10216

All at retail.

2 x Winter Village Cottage 10229

At 20% off retail

No idea if these will be good investments, but I really like this theme.

All at retail.

At 20% off retail

Where were you scoring them from? Still to get a few for the collection

All at retail.

At 20% off retail

Very nice scores, even though I know retail on those sets for you guys is probably $100+.

I hit up a garage sale Saturday morning and a guy had a few bags of Lego and said they were Castle.  After going through it, found sets:

7097 Trolls Mountain Fortress

8823  Mistlands Tower

7079 Drawbridge Defense

7094 Kings Castle Siege

Was missing about all the figures outside of a few of the tatooed trolls and Crownies, but I only paid $25 and the structures alone will fetch much more than that.

Guest TabbyBoy

My Fire Bridage just arrived from LEGO Shop at Home WITHOUT the Xmas promo set, tight buggers! ;-(

It seems like one per household per promotional period regardless of amount or size of orders.

My Fire Bridage just arrived from LEGO Shop at Home WITHOUT the Xmas promo set, tight buggers! ;-(

It seems like one per household per promotional period regardless of amount or size of orders.

Well that's a bunch of crap.  I specifically split up my LEGO Shop at Home orders this month so I could get multiple xmas promos for stocking stuffers for the kiddies.  I received one order already, the others should come this week.  I better have my promos!

Guest TabbyBoy

Well that's a bunch of crap.  I specifically split up my LEGO Shop at Home orders this month so I could get multiple xmas promos for stocking stuffers for the kiddies.  I received one order already, the others should come this week.  I better have my promos!

You'll be OK, Lego seem to love the US and give them low prices, the UK gets shafted all ways.

I thought that at first and I've now 3/4 filled my entire attic!

Exactly the same for me. I went from a couple of small Star Wars sets and not really because they were LEGO but simply Star Wars related. I finished a Masters degree and must have turned mental or something. I now can barely get the christmas tree and the wedding presents we got six years ago to fit into the attic because of my collection. Thankfully my wife has never gone into our attic because it involves getting up a ladder. To make things worse I have all of them in boxes and didn't even bother writing on the boxes what sets are inside them. This stops me selling anything because I can't be bothered going through the boxes to find what I would be looking for. It does get hot up in the attic after 10 minutes or so.  :sungum:

If this is true and I believe it is the case, Then this little winter set giveaway should be worth more than the average seasonal giveaway. One per customer/household make this a rarer promo. I'm getting mine this week along with my 1st HH. Can't wait. I'll either sell it next year or else start a new Christmas theme collection.

If this is true and I believe it is the case, Then this little winter set giveaway should be worth more than the average seasonal giveaway. One per customer/household make this a rarer promo. I'm getting mine this week along with my 1st HH. Can't wait. I'll either sell it next year or else start a new Christmas theme collection.

I thought this might just be Lego holding to their "No coupons or promos on purchases of exclusive items"?  Maybe they won't include the promo on certain items?  I know several Brickpickers received other items with their orders this month, so I'm not sure what's going on here?

I thought this might just be Lego holding to their "No coupons or promos on purchases of exclusive items"?  Maybe they won't include the promo on certain items?  I know several Brickpickers received other items with their orders this month, so I'm not sure what's going on here?

I ordered the Ewok Village last week, and received the Christmas promo, Star Wars polybag, and the Lego employee polybag, so I don't think this is the case.  I ordered Orthanc over the weekend, so we'll see what promos I get if any.  My order was in "customer service" status for a couple days before it went to processing, so maybe they caught on to the fact that I already got the promos?