What Lego set did you buy today?

Thanks! Yep, it`s 1/2 off at the moment. I`d like to have gotten more, but funds are too tied up at the moment. Would be nice if we didn`t have to pay back credit cards after buying things online.... :laugh: I have 5 total now, which I suppose is alright. 

Also, I read the post about that Arkham deal you snagged earlier. Congrats! That`s a steal for either version. I assume it was the newer one? 

Lord I know about funds being tied up. It was the newer one. Have no idea what that guy was smoking posting it for so low. That makes 4 times this week I have refreshed my mass Lego search (with like 30K items) and bought the one on top. I think that guy was probably surprised. He pressed list and sold.

• Like 1

Lord I know about funds being tied up. It was the newer one. Have no idea what that guy was smoking posting it for so low. That makes 4 times this week I have refreshed my mass Lego search (with like 30K items) and bought the one on top. I think that guy was probably surprised. He pressed list and sold.

Ya no kidding. What a great price though. He must be feeling quite sick after realizing what he just did haha. 

Guest ph4tb0i

2 Helms Deeps. Wasn`t able to get free shipping (would have paid $90 each) but final cost came to about $112 each including taxes/shipping. Obviously cheaper would have been better, but I`m content at that price. Nothing to complain about. 

Haha, no they won`t! 

Wow, that`s awesome! I didn`t get that many. 

HOLY **** I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HELM'S DEEP WAS HALF OFF! THX!

Ya no kidding. What a great price though. He must be feeling quite sick after realizing what he just did haha. 

Lol yeah maybe. At least it wasn't like the Hogwarts castle last week where the guy sent me a request canceling it after I got it for $150

New version or old one? Nice find either way.

New version. There haven't been many used ones so I will probably put it up for $149.99 with free shipping or something. Make an easy $30 or so after fees.

Guest eightbrick

For my first purchase since summer I logged in one of the half price GKB sets with the free Turkey polys. Not seeing any investment potential (I'll probably open it), but then again if I wanted an investment I would have gone for the half price helm's deeps online - for any canucks out there - pick them up, 90 dollars is a great price IMO.

Got a Spongebob 3833 Krusty Krab Adventures at Target tonight. Brickset lists it as EOL in Nov 2012. This is my go to target and I was surprised to find it behind some other sets. Scanned it and it said "Item not found" but it rang up for $12 and a change. I'm surprised this set isn't worth more but I can guess some hung around on shelves over the last year. I'm 99% sure this was a gift that someone returned recently, you can see pen impressions from a note someone wrote on the wrapping paper.

Got a Spongebob 3833 Krusty Krab Adventures at Target tonight. Brickset lists it as EOL in Nov 2012. This is my go to target and I was surprised to find it behind some other sets. Scanned it and it said "Item not found" but it rang up for $12 and a change. I'm surprised this set isn't worth more but I can guess some hung around on shelves over the last year. I'm 99% sure this was a gift that someone returned recently, you can see pen impressions from a note someone wrote on the wrapping paper.

Wow!  That's amazing.  I'd love to find that set for myself, it looks like a lot of fun.

I bought two of the thanksgiving sets from LEGO.com mobile just to see if I'd get a LEGO Shop guy, and I did!  I'm glad I did it!

UCS Batmobile - Used, $75

Just got one of those two weeks ago for $65 (also have another missing about 70 pieces I got for $45). Cleaned it and built it tonight - all there and looks great after the clean. Hoping to get about $160 or so for it. Gonna BL the pieces for the other and do the same. Its in like new condition - just missing those pieces. Lol

I need to stop cruising Ebay. Got a Sealed Black Pearl, damaged box for $145. Hoping around christmas I can flip it for $220.

I want to do this as well with the BOGO 50 they have going on and the castle listing at $79.99 there.  Just don't want to hold them for years.

Agreed.  Depending on how this set is priced during holidays by stores, I'd like to try to stick them on Craigslist around X-mas to get 85-90 ea. for 3 of them, allowing me to build the other for free.