What Lego set did you buy today?

Another Craigslist buy today. $25 for:

NISB 6078 Royal Drawbridge

NISB 6024 Bandit Ambush

Sealed 1804 Crossbow Boat poly

And then like 9 Freestyle polys. 5 of them are a version with two minifigs in them, so not super valuable or anything but kind of cool.

It's hard to tell how to price something like the Crossbow Boat poly. BP lists a value of $17 - but there is a total of 1 sold in the last 6 months in new condition. Only one listed on eBay right now at $39, and one on Bricklink for $50+ (probably the same seller, from South Korea). Any thoughts on how to price something like that? Or maybe just do a regular auction and see what the market says.

Another Craigslist buy today. $25 for:

NISB 6078 Royal Drawbridge

NISB 6024 Bandit Ambush

Sealed 1804 Crossbow Boat poly

And then like 9 Freestyle polys. 5 of them are a version with two minifigs in them, so not super valuable or anything but kind of cool.

It's hard to tell how to price something like the Crossbow Boat poly. BP lists a value of $17 - but there is a total of 1 sold in the last 6 months in new condition. Only one listed on eBay right now at $39, and one on Bricklink for $50+ (probably the same seller, from South Korea). Any thoughts on how to price something like that? Or maybe just do a regular auction and see what the market says.

Maybe do a penny auction with a moderate reserve to see what the market says? If it goes over what you would be happy with, great. If not then you will have a good idea for a buy it now price or at least a good starting point for an auction. I would hate to list it first without a reserve just in case you only get a few bids and wind up having to give it away.

At TRU on Bogo:

2 Dino 5888. After coupons and tax I paid $30 each plus got a $10 gift card.

In the parking lot of TRU:

LOTR pirate ship with box and instructions. Missing a few minor pieces that I immediately found in my spare parts. Keeping this on for my collection. I'd much rather buy used sets for my person collection.

Building that one? or holding? I wish I had paid that for mine!

I think I am gonna build it. I have a feeling its done at the end of this year or so. I want at least 1, hoping for 2 for investment. Since you can't get a used one for 310, I think its cool to open this one.

Originally I had 2 Lego Coupons, and I am pretty sure my store will be cool to let me use them so I may try that on one as well. I also have $100 in VIP points, so that would make it $260+tax. Wouldn't be too bad.

79010 The Goblin King Battle - $54 target clearance.  Bought the last one, for my personal collection.

8038 The Battle of Endor - $135 MISB via ebay.  Pretty decent price on this since it's retired, and sealed at that.  For my personal collection, to go with the Ewok Village once I pull the trigger on it.

Got the Pre Vizla Mandalorin ship together with the Fall scene polybag (40056) and the new thanksgiving polybag (40057) in order to get a free VW polybag and the clone trooper polybag. This was at a Toronto lego store. I'm now at 4 of the VWs and 3 of the clones (opened one). I will probably hit the store again tomorrow to see what they're doing about leftover VW polybags as the store had lots and the promo ends today.

Two purchases. 4708 Hogwarts Express for $70 on CL. Box is opened and a bit beat up, but the internal bags were never opened, so pretty much like new. Keeping that one for the personal collection. Had a gift certificate to the mall through work, picked up my first 10225 R2D2! Got the last VW poly in the store, along with the Clone Trooper poly. Thought about double VIP points tomorrow, but figure the VW will be worth more than $10 in the long run.

Two purchases. 4708 Hogwarts Express for $70 on CL. Box is opened and a bit beat up, but the internal bags were never opened, so pretty much like new. Keeping that one for the personal collection. Had a gift certificate to the mall through work, picked up my first 10225 R2D2! Got the last VW poly in the store, along with the Clone Trooper poly. Thought about double VIP points tomorrow, but figure the VW will be worth more than $10 in the long run.

Maybe I never noticed before, I love that avatar pic. That was great when Nolan laid a whipping on Ventura.

Guest TabbyBoy

Thanks to Amazon UK continuing to have 33% off some nice sets, I've just bashed my VISA yet card again on:

3x 7939 - Cargo Train (The best looking one currently available?)

3x 41007 - Friends Pet Salon (Maybe a winner like the Beauty Parlour as girls like cuddly pets? - Worth a punt)

3x 60014 - Coast Guard Patrol (Boats do well and this set is quite extensive)

3x 60015 - Coast Guard Plane (Planes do well and hopefully the little fishing boat will too)

This will be placed at the back of the attic for the long haul as a couple of years to go yet I think.

I'll also give it large on LEGO Shop at Home if there's a good promo later this month with the double-VIP otherwise, it's just an HH.... or ten!

Does anyone know what a shopaholic is? ;-)

If you do open and build it  you may really fall in love with Lego. Do it do it do it do it, You know you want to. It is only natural. 

If you do, please put a post up telling us how it felt from start to finish. Just imagine the euphoria of actually building Lego. Go do it. You will love it. trust me it's addictive. Plus you will probably not want to sell it because you have built it with your own hands and you can't help marvel at it every time you look at it. Somethings in life are worth going outside your comfort zone. It changes perspectives and invigorates us all.  Happy building.  :yes:

The Camper Van is a fantastic build. Yes it will decrease the value of your set, but the enjoyment was worth the money for me. You can always buy another one for investment. You can currently get them on Amazon for around

• Like 1