What Lego set did you buy today?

Today:

3 x 10188

3 x 10221

7 x 10214 as i expect it to go EOL in 2013. Harrods informed me they will not be restocking this item, which is an indicator for me.

2 x 10220

2 x 10211

And some more large sets... i spend over 3800 EUR today, but since it was all 30% off RSP i didn't do too bad ;)

Wow. Were'd you go?

I know, I also went to A-tembo (one in Delft) and picked up a 10228 Haunted House and 10220 Camper Van. May order some more stuff online later this weekend.

Not 3.800 worth though, I am running out of storage space. (Sarcastic voice: yes, that's the reason!)

Lol, i own some company's so i have a lot of warehouse space to drop this stuff, bad for my bank account ;)

Camper Vans were out of stock in Breda so i ordered two of those on bartsmit.com at EUR 74,99. Those vans are absolutely awesome and a great investment. What did you pay for them?

Another great set I wouldn't mind having more of. But not the only one I'm concidering (see my post on previous page).

I noticed you consider the large buildings 10211, 10197, 10218. I got multiple of all of those today for the same prices you mentioned. Also got 1 x 10224. These large building sets are never a bad investment, especially at these prices.

Have been doubting about the 10233 horizon express. I don't really believe in new train set investments. But it's worth the risk at this price.

I noticed you consider the large buildings 10211, 10197, 10218. I got multiple of all of those today for the same prices you mentioned. Also got 1 x 10224. These large building sets are never a bad investment, especially at these prices.

Have been doubting about the 10233 horizon express. I don't really believe in new train set investments. But it's worth the risk at this price.

The Modular Buildings are my most favorite sets in my collection. The only investment risks about them I concider to be that they will be available for a long time to come, and/or high supply with other investors. These are not exactly "under the radar" sets.

Town Hall I might buy more of in the future, but I expect this one to be around for a couple of more years, so no rush.

Trains have historically been very strong investment performers, and should the Horizon Express disappoint after all, I can always keep it and add it to the one I have because that one now kind of looks like half a train. Still, this is also a relatively new set so maybe not yet time to bite.

The Modular Buildings are my most favorite sets in my collection. The only investment risks about them I concider to be that they will be available for a long time to come, and/or high supply with other investors. These are not exactly "under the radar" sets.

Town Hall I might buy more of in the future, but I expect this one to be around for a couple of more years, so no rush.

This is very true. But I sort of doubt that these sets will be available at such interesting prices anytime soon and as the end of the year is nearing -- Q4 is just days away -- I am always inclined to spend more money on some investments so i can save a little on "vermogensbelasting" (for non dutchies: you have to pay some % over the money you own on 31 december each year). This is a huge incentive for me ;)

This is very true. But I sort of doubt that these sets will be available at such interesting prices anytime soon and as the end of the year is nearing -- Q4 is just days away -- I am always inclined to spend more money on some investments so i can save a little on "vermogensbelasting" (for non dutchies: you have to pay some % over the money you own on 31 december each year). This is a huge incentive for me ;)

Also true. The eternal dilemma between buying at the right time or at the right price.

Pulled the trigger on a Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and the Cargo Train Pack. Nearly also added Arkham Asylum but decided against it because it's only been around for half a year.

Set I have the most doubt about is the Cargo Train. But I have a bit of a weak spot for trains myself so if this ends up not doing that well I wouldn't mind just to keep it.

Pulled the trigger on a Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and the Cargo Train Pack. Nearly also added Arkham Asylum but decided against it because it's only been around for half a year.

Set I have the most doubt about is the Cargo Train. But I have a bit of a weak spot for trains myself so if this ends up not doing that well I wouldn't mind just to keep it.

Very nice. Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium will do good for sure. I expect Fire Brigade to be the first to go EOL.

According to ToysXL store assistant it was a first and last time thing, but what do these guys know. I hope it'll be back every other year or so, would be good for buying potential EOL sets etc. Every year would be too much, this would devaluate sets.

PS: Mind sharing what you bought and for how much?

I posted a couple of things a few posts back, but this is the entire list:

1 x 10197 Fire Brigade

According to ToysXL store assistant it was a first and last time thing, but what do these guys know. I hope it'll be back every other year or so, would be good for buying potential EOL sets etc. Every year would be too much, this would devaluate sets.

PS: Mind sharing what you bought and for how much?

This is the first time I've seen that all chains have exactly the same kind of sale at the same time, so that is pretty uncommon. On the other hand both Intertoys and Bartsmit are part of the Blokker Holding Co. So not too strange that the rest can't help but follow.

But yearly sales are nothing new. I remember ToysXL had a "buy 2 get one (the cheapest) for free" period in november last year. Odd that they would do that when demand for toys would be highest you'd think but there it was.

This is the first time I've seen that all chains have exactly the same kind of sale at the same time, so that is pretty uncommon. On the other hand both Intertoys and Bartsmit are part of the Blokker Holding Co. So not too strange that the rest can't help but follow.

But yearly sales are nothing new. I remember ToysXL had a "buy 2 get one (the cheapest) for free" period in november last year. Odd that they would do that when demand for toys would be highest you'd think but there it was.

Yeah i remember the 3for2 promo at ToysXL, pretty decent promo (33,33% off if you buy 3 of the same sets!) but there were no decent sets in any store in this area :(

As for the current promo, i forgot to mention that i inquired the A-Tembo employee about it as well, she said that LEGO just discounted everything for every NL reseller, so there you go. Joy for everyone.

I've had my eyes on that set for a while. I knew Dreamland had about 20 in stock in their web shop. Just last week, I managed to pick one up at 10% off and only two days later, they were all 25% off. I ordered 3 extra and by the end of the day they were sold out.

There are some occasional deals, like 20% off at Dreamland on selected Lego sets; or 25% off every second set at Fun. But 25% off everything is just crazy.

I just tried to order the Cargo Train 4-in-1 pack but just discovered that I left my wallet (which has my credit and bank cards in them) in my car and my wife is out with her friends. Rats. Hopefully they're not sold out by tomorrow. And hopefully my wife doesn't find out she's got my Visa with her :-)

• Like 1