What Lego set did you buy today?

OK, I actually meant the Atlantic, not the Pacific. And I was talking about me actually going to a physical Walmart store. So that would require me to cross the Atlantic twice :-)

Aha.

Seriously though, some of the price differences between us and the U.S. actually don't make that such a bad idea. Tower of Orthanc for example costs

I just sold a sealed 21001 Architecture John Hancock to a buyer overseas via the eBay Global Shipping program for $94!  The sale price included free shipping to Kentucky, but doesn't include additional GSP charges paid by the buyer.  Yet, they seem happy to get it at this price.  Granted, this is a retired set that's relatively unavailable, but the European BP value is over $100 which I bet is under-valued due to its consistent growth over the past 3-4 months.

What's crazy is there are a TOTAL of 69 pieces in this set.  That's a PPP of $1.36 before GSP costs!

That is an amazing sale. Did you see my other post in the best way to ship internationally thread? Do you know if your buyer also needs to pay Value Added Tax to his local authorities? Do you have to mention purchase price on any kind of shipping label?

That is an amazing sale. Did you see my other post in the best way to ship internationally thread? Do you know if your buyer also needs to pay Value Added Tax to his local authorities? Do you have to mention purchase price on any kind of shipping label?

Bernard74, I wish I had more info regarding fees but according to eBay GSP, they handle any import fees and additional charges directly with the buyer.  Maybe check some US eBay listings that are using the GSP to see if eBay provides an "all-in" number that breaks down the fees.

*EDIT* Here's eBay US's explanation of how the GSP works:

If you're creating a listing for inclusion in the Global Shipping Program, you only need to specify the cost of shipping to the shipping center in Kentucky. The shipping center will estimate the cost from the center to the buyer--including import charges. The combined shipping cost (domestic + international) is what will be displayed to the buyer.

Bad week for my bank account. Ordered the following on amazon UK yesterday:

79111 Constitution train at

Bernard74, I wish I had more info regarding fees but according to eBay GSP, they handle any import fees and additional charges directly with the buyer. Maybe check some US eBay listings that are using the GSP to see if eBay provides an "all-in" number that breaks down the fees.

*EDIT* Here's eBay US's explanation of how the GSP works:

If you're creating a listing for inclusion in the Global Shipping Program, you only need to specify the cost of shipping to the shipping center in Kentucky. The shipping center will estimate the cost from the center to the buyer--including import charges. The combined shipping cost (domestic + international) is what will be displayed to the buyer.

Wow - great buys! I especially like the

I found a nice lot on craigslist today, $70 for:

4756 Shrieking Shack (unfortunately missing Peter Petigrew, Harry & Lupins wolf head. about $35 worth of figs)

4714 Gringots bank(complete)

4709 Hogwarts castle(Hagrid and the knight are missing and I am still still checking to make sure all the pieces are there.)

6431 Res Q

6453 Res Q

8988 Bionicle

and a gallon bag of miscellaneous pieces and figs.

All in all I think it was a pretty good deal.

Bought a few I was expecting to as well as a couple I wasn't.

Ninjago - Ultra Sonic Raider: $54

Visited a Walmart I normally don't and found this among some leftover summer clearances.

The Hobbit - Attack of the Wargs: $21

Found just one among a row of Mirkwood Spiders and I think this was a case of a Walmart employee mistake as the price tag sticker was the only thing on the box reading the same amount as Mirkwood Spiders. It rang up $35 but the cashier matched it to the price tag so I just saved another $14 with the previously established $15 coming up to a total of $29 on a $50 set! :yahoo:

Star Wars - Republic Attack Cruiser/Coruscant

FINALLY! One of my retailers (Target) got a couple of this one in completing my set of Series 3 Planets.

Marvel Super Heroes

Iron Man - Malibu Mansion: $28

Iron Man - Extremis Sea Port Battle: $14.44

Iron Man - Ultimate Showdown: $9.35

Spider-Man - Daily Bugle Showdown $39.99

All Iron Man sets in one go, and I really couldn't chance waiting any longer with that Spider-Man set.

There is absolutely no way in heck I'll chance missing out on having Dr. Doom in my collection!

Ended things with a few more Series 11 Minifigures and another Witch polybag.

All Iron Man sets in one go, and I really couldn't chance waiting any longer with that Spider-Man set.

There is absolutely no way in heck I'll chance missing out on having Dr. Doom in my collection!

Dr. Doom is still one of my all-time favorite villains.

Ninjago - Ultra Sonic Raider: $54

Visited a Walmart I normally don't and found this among some leftover summer clearances.

The Hobbit - Attack of the Wargs: $21

Found just one among a row of Mirkwood Spiders and I think this was a case of a Walmart employee mistake as the price tag sticker was the only thing on the box reading the same amount as Mirkwood Spiders. It rang up $35 but the cashier matched it to the price tag so I just saved another $14 with the previously established $15 coming up to a total of $29 on a $50 set! :yahoo:

Star Wars - Republic Attack Cruiser/Coruscant

FINALLY! One of my retailers (Target) got a couple of this one in completing my set of Series 3 Planets.

Marvel Super Heroes

Iron Man - Malibu Mansion: $28

Iron Man - Extremis Sea Port Battle: $14.44

Iron Man - Ultimate Showdown: $9.35

Ended things with a few more Series 11 Minifigures and another Witch polybag.

I keep hoping to see a Daily Bugle on sale for the same reason. That Dr. Doom fig is phenomenal!

I didn't want to spend the funds on something so new, but I couldn't resist getting the LOTR: Tower of Orthanc from WBShop.com for $170 shipped.

It's crazy sometimes how all these deals hit the same week.

I'm really struggling with this! I want this set for my personal collection so it's on my Xmas list. For investment, I usually don't buy sets early in their release but this price is sooooo tempting!!!