What Lego set did you buy today?

I'm sure some store managers are pocketing a few hundred of the free items that were supposed to be given away.  That's an easy con, if they didn't think they would get caught.  They can tell corporate they gave away 100 polys a day and keep 50 for themselves because the customers did not know better.   I would seriously ask if they are going to report that they gave me 2 when all they really gave me is 1.  Seems pretty crooked to me, but that's just how I think when there's a discrepancy in a policy that is not written down for me to see.

All they have to do is to put a mark on their daily sheet when they didn't ring the freebies on your purchase.  That's an internal LP issue TLG definitely know about. 

Guest TabbyBoy

For my UK counterparts, this is what I've just bought thanks to Smyths Toys who had 20% off ALL Lego today:

Item                                 Quantity    Price Each (

Depends on the sale. I always hate missing out on bargains but I scored big time today so am happy. Nearly every set I bought is under US retail price.

Yeah, I hate it when I can't capitalize on some sales due to lack of time or funds or even just missing it by a day. It sounds like you did well on a great selection of sets so cheers. This Bud's for you! :drinks:

Do tell more?

As you know, Amazon is a publicly traded company so they have to satisfy Wall Street. While Amazon is building out their infrastructure and have not turned a profit for the last 2 years, they have to make their numbers on revenue growth to justify their 40 times forward earning. Toward the end of each quarter, they will markdown the big money sets to pump their revenue numbers. So if they are behind on revenue those sales will come in and last a few hrs before they sold out. The lucky few got HH for 130 (gone within 30 mins) and Town Hall for 155(lasted 4 hrs) so check Amazon often next week.

As you know, Amazon is a publicly traded company so they have to satisfy Wall Street. While Amazon is building out their infrastructure and have not turned a profit for the last 2 years, they have to make their numbers on revenue growth to justify their 40 times forward earning. Toward the end of each quarter, they will markdown the big money sets to pump their revenue numbers. So if they are behind on revenue those sales will come in and last a few hrs before they sold out. The lucky few got HH for 130 (gone within 30 mins) and Town Hall for 155(lasted 4 hrs) so check Amazon often next week.

Out of curiosity, does this include the Euro Amazons?

You are right about those sales, you are completely wrong about their Wall Street strategy. Jeff Bezos doesn't give a crap about hitting revenue for the street. Would need to see a huge site-wide correlation of sales, vs citing a few Lego sets.

I wonder if the U.S. end quarter sales will apply to hard-to-find sets. I don't think any have been on sale since the May 30 HH sale. Some here theorize that TLG agreed with Amazon no more discounts, something to do with their resale policies. Who knows?

Finding out is something to look forward to. Gentlemen, wallets at the ready.

My sis and I hit up the Lego store grand opening today - waited an hour in line, and we got:

2x Rancor Pit - $74.99 ea

2x Minifigure series 11 - $3.49 ea

2x Clone Trooper poly

2x Lego Retail Store set

2x The Hulk Duplo block

I redeemed my first $5 from VIP points, woohoo! I was very surprised they were stacking promos. They ran out of the VW camper poly though........ :'(

Also while I was in line, some guy at the till who was buying Jabba's sail barge declined the Lego Retail Store set! What?!